2nd gen is still the most iconic!

• Yes, TO ME they are still the most iconic gen as a whole. They had 20 (idk the exact number, just an example kkkk) active groups constantly releasing bops and hits, extremely national hits. Their presence within the gp are unmatchable even now. Just look at 2008 and you will understand what I'm talking about.

At tbh I think 2nd gen was really the gold era, so many groups, so many bops, so many beautiful and special moments to kpop, so many interactions, so many nostalgia now. Everything was just gold!

I still listen the bops and search in general about them. Even the soloists were iconic!

Anyways, after watching After School performance i just thought: wow, legendary and beautiful!

In conclusion, thank you 2nd gen groups, you guys worked hard and left a immeasurable mark on kpop!

Disclaimer: before someone come quoting a specific group, I'm talking mainly about the full package, a whole generation.. so naming one group doesn't make sense here. And this is my opinion so yes.

Byeee!

𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕! ࿆

• AGREED. It truly was so iconic and so many national hits came from it! Gee, Tell Me, Genie, Nobody, Mister, Bo Peep, Roly Poly, Good Day, Fantastic Baby, Alone, Lovey Dovey, Catallena, Bar Bar Bar, AND SO MUCH MORE.

【 twice ♫ t-ara ♫ chanmina ♫ snsd ♫ itzy ♫ aespa ♫ blackpink ♫ ohmygirl】

• Thank you for the screenshots!! Truly iconic!!!

𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕! ࿆

• AGREED. It truly was so iconic and so many national hits came from it! Gee, Tell Me, Genie, Nobody, Mister, Bo Peep, Roly Poly, Good Day, Fantastic Baby, Alone, Lovey Dovey, Catallena, Bar Bar Bar, AND SO MUCH MORE.

Right? And what I like more about it it's the quality and how the songs are different from each other. It wasn't a specific sound. It was just... Diversity!

𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕! ࿆

• Right? And what I like more about it it's the quality and how the songs are different from each other. It wasn't a specific sound. It was just... Diversity!

What in the hell is 'diversity'?

tenor.gif?itemid=16778208

Studies confirmed you'll have more fun spending time with goth traffic wardens than with kpoppers who proved to be the worst bunch of sad pandas known to man.

KTzyVl.jpg

• What in the hell is 'diversity'?

tenor.gif?itemid=16778208

I was talking about "concepts" kkkk like there was sad, colorful, gc, cute, sexy, powerful and 397492 more type of songs... Idk if you can understand where I'm coming from kkk, but all the groups were different from each other and had their identify and they changed styles pretty often too.

𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕! ࿆

• Right? And what I like more about it it's the quality and how the songs are different from each other. It wasn't a specific sound. It was just... Diversity!

RIGHT??? Like just in 2011 we had the retro takeover of Roly Poly, the Bad-Ass concept of IATB by 2NE1, and then the "Girl Power" of The Boys by SNSD.

【 twice ♫ t-ara ♫ chanmina ♫ snsd ♫ itzy ♫ aespa ♫ blackpink ♫ ohmygirl】

• RIGHT??? Like just in 2011 we had the retro takeover of Roly Poly, the Bad-Ass concept of IATB by 2NE1, and then the "Girl Power" of The Boys by SNSD.

Tbh even the bgs back then were so different from each other and their sound was just amazing! I take BB made era as an example of a truly 2nd gen groups!

𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕! ࿆

• I was talking about "concepts" kkkk like there was sad, colorful, gc, cute, sexy, powerful and 397492 more type of songs... Idk if you can understand where I'm coming from kkk, but all the groups were different from each other and had their identify and they changed styles pretty often too.

No problem! I was only quoting Anchorman, the best movie of all time, which your comment about diversity reminded me of. ^^

Studies confirmed you'll have more fun spending time with goth traffic wardens than with kpoppers who proved to be the worst bunch of sad pandas known to man.

KTzyVl.jpg

• Exactly. 2nd Gen was 10xs more fun and interesting. It had iconic moments after iconic moments among most groups. Varieties were so interesting. No wonder GP only knows old idols. At that time the idol industry was thriving on tv. I know the social media numbers aren't comparable to 3rd gen but things were not as half as easy to access to as it is now.

When you think how each one was iconic and unforgettable. INSANE!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!