Are i-fans too loyal?

• These are general observations i've noticed, but obviously don't apply to every k-fan and i-fan.

In general it seems k-fans are more likely to abandon their idols and ask them to be kicked out of the group at any sign of controversy (dating, attitude controversy, bullying, breaking the law, etc.). Whereas i-fans seem to stick with their idols and defend them until the end, even going to insane means to do so like attacking the victims of their idols.

The greatest example of this is with the recent bullying scandals. most k-fans seem to want soojin and hyunjin exiled from the industry, whereas most i-fans are defending them. This results in many k-fans calling i-fans "dogs and pigs" for their unconditional support of their idols.

what do you guys think, are i-fans too loyal or are k-fans too fickle?

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• yes and no. im only a loyal fan to nine muses and up10tion

if a scandal ever happens im still gonna support them cause isnt that what a "loyal" fan is?

• It depends. I’ve seen kfans canceling idols over petty shit and I’ve seen i fans defending some idols over questionable deeds. They are both at fault IMO

yup! Like kfans cancelling over dating or reading a feminist book is honestly weird as fuck but then again Seungri still dead ass has hardcore ifans so……

~ ω

• It depends on what you see as loyal: kfans are more loyal buyers - as long as you stick to the designated or wanted narrative they won’t leave but ifans are more loyal when it is about stanning since they are more open-minded (also a lot more cultural diverse than kfans since kfans are only from Korea whereas ifans could be from anywhere else)

• Official Post

Most international fans aren't even unconditionally loyal. They just realize that people aren't perfect. Like I said before about the bullying... I don't care if they were a bully in school because nothing exists in a vacuum. It's only an issue to me if they're a bully as an adult.

K-netz are just usually unreasonable in most cases. Take Monsta X. After it was proven that Wonho was innocent, he and the members of Monsta X went out to a PRIVATE dinner. Someone (a saesang most likely) took a photo of the seven of the together. K-fans flipped out and threatened to boycott their comeback because of it. I haven't bothered to check the comments and reaction to Kihyun and I.M going to Jeju with Wonho because I'm sure it's more of the same.

• okay but why would they bully someone in the first place?

oh right, theyre insecure!

Definitely not excusing bullying, not at all, but it's a complicated situation and it happened when they were kids so it's just hard to draw the line of how far they need to be punished for it, or if since the are adults and in some cases it isn't proven they were bullies, if they should be punished at all

• "dogs and pigs" ? oh I never heard this before. I heard about "i-roaches" but I didn't know about these. That's cute? Maybe?

As far as I'm concerned, I see idols as human beings, with qualities and flaws too, and not as disposable tissues you can discard at the first inconvenience. If people want to take some kind of holier-than-thou stance about idols or about anyone really, then it tells more about them than about those they judge so quickly from the height of their non-existent moral superiority.

• i mostly care for the music, if the music not interests me anymore i will stop supporting the group or if the any of the group member is proven to have committed serious crime i will stop supporting that member, there are no other reason for me to stop supporting the group literally, idk i am considered loyal or not loyal

• i mostly care for the music, if the music not interests me anymore i will stop supporting the group or if the any of the group member is proven to have committed serious crime i will stop supporting that member, there are no other reason for me to stop supporting the group literally, idk i am considered loyal or not loyal

Your sig is realy handsome

• I feel like ifans are more loyal in the long-run but they're a lot less committed while they are "stanning." Kfans buy way more albums, are much more hardcore about streaming, and almost always only stan one group but ifans often have tons of biases in multiple groups which is unthinkable for kfans. When I first started getting active on this website I was really surprised how common multi-fans are.

• I feel like ifans are more loyal in the long-run but they're a lot less committed while they are "stanning." Kfans buy way more albums, are much more hardcore about streaming, and almost always only stan one group but ifans often have tons of biases in multiple groups which is unthinkable for kfans. When I first started getting active on this website I was really surprised how common multi-fans are.

Oh so we stan in a healthier way. Good to hear.

• It all depends on who the fan is, at the end of the day.

there are sure to be a variety of stalwart supporters or flaky supporters in both groups.

I'd comment, however, that being too fickle probably means that a fan doesn't entirely like the idol and being too loyal probably means that they are way too invested in the idol and should take time away from stanning. just imo

• Definitely not excusing bullying, not at all, but it's a complicated situation and it happened when they were kids so it's just hard to draw the line of how far they need to be punished for it, or if since the are adults and in some cases it isn't proven they were bullies, if they should be punished at all

my comment has sarcasm

if all bullies should be punished, we should punish yezi and hyolyn but wait we cant. everyone focus on jimin!

• Some K fans can be fickle and demand a member be ousted from a group ie: Sungmin, but international fans tend to be a bit more loyal especially when their bias goes into the Army and are willing to wait a couple of years for their return. Some fandoms can go a little overboard in the loyalty department though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!