Can you watch a Drama with an problematic Actor/Actress in it ?

• So alone this year we had great Actors/Actresses involved in scandals which lead to last minute replacements and reshooting.

But couldn’t you watch a Drama or movie if they were still in it ( already filmed before the scandal happened) ?

I had the situation with 2 Dramas this year. IOTNBO and RWTMR.

I had these shows on my watch list because I love Kim So Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun and they were the Leads. But their lead partners were involved in a scandal, so I had to make a decision... watch it or boycott it? I decided to watch it and.... oh my God it was good. I forgot that these people were involved in a scandal cause their acting didn’t made me see the Actor/Actress but the characters they were playing.

So much that in the case of RWTMR I had a bit of a struggle getting used to the replacement. But thankfully the replacement was just as good (maybe even a bit better) so that I could still watch the show and enjoyed it.

• yeah.. separate the artist from the art. it’s so normalized in america for an actor’s career to thrive no matter the scandal but i won’t support if it’s as bad as rape and bullying. only dating scandals and minor things

• It depends on what you consider a scandal.. If it's like dating or smoking weed then I don't care, I don't even think of that as a scandal. If it's more serious, like any type of assault, then no I won't watch it no matter how much I looked forward to it

Maybe, You and i are, Destined to be once in, A thousand, Years

• I am a big Seo Ye Ji fan i was disappointed when her attitude with the real-life partner was revealed. but I will still watch her next projects coz i like her acting, her voice, and she is so beautiful. I am currently watching her movie Recalled, which was released a few days after the scandal

• Noooope. The point of watching dramas is to feel better, but seeing someone problematic will bother me at every scene and I will keep remembering about it.

Of course, it depends on the scandal (I don't think dating or having a bad relationship with an agency will bother me lol).

It's weird for me because Moon Lovers is my fav drama but Jisoo is playing there, well he plays in most of my fav dramas, but I will not intend to rewatch them or watch something where he is playing. The same goes for SYJ.

Yes, they are amazing actors, but they aren't the only ones in the industry. There are lots of good actors (even way better than them) who are good at their job and they are clean and nice to others. So why would I spend time and money on someone like this, when I can support someone who is normal?

Private and work lives are different and there should be a line between them, but that's only when that person doesn't hurt others. I don't care who are they dating or about their religious or political beliefs, but when someone is bad to others I can't accept that.

• yeah.. separate the artist from the art. it’s so normalized in america for an actor’s career to thrive no matter the scandal but i won’t support if it’s as bad as rape and bullying. only dating scandals and minor things

i can't believe the OP mentioned problematic actor and you think about dating scandal lmao, i'm pretty sure thats not what she/he meant from problematic actor, dating isn't even problematic, drugs, bullying etc. (especially since this were the latest korean scandals).

As for OP depends on what the actor had done, i watched Seo yeji's latest movie, she's a shit and a bit crazy person but her acting is on point, her real life personality doesn't stop me from watching her movies/dramas, now if we speak about rapists, murderers etc (which i wouldn't call problematic, they are simply criminals), definitely not.

• I am a big Seo Ye Ji fan i was disappointed when her attitude with the real-life partner was revealed. but I will still watch her next projects coz i like her acting, her voice, and she is so beautiful. I am currently watching her movie Recalled, which was released a few days after the scandal

if it is something really serious like raping no i would not watch anything with that actor in it

• i watched a movie starring park si hoo and end up liking him. Searched his name and found out about him being a rapist. i avoid his drama n movie afterward. Also im avoiding anything with jisoo in it <X

• i watched a movie starring park si hoo and end up liking him. Searched his name and found out about him being a rapist. i avoid his drama n movie afterward. Also im avoiding anything with jisoo in it <X

i often rewatch strong woman do bong soon. thankfully, i always found his character terrible and always skipped his scenes so his presence doesn't bother me. if he was a lead tho? no, i wouldn't watch it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!