ITZY - In the morning (Eng ver.) [STAGE PERFORMANCE]

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The English version itself is still just okay, but the girls killed the performance as always. :yesr:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Itzy can't stop to impress me. Wow I never thought they would perform the English version and I''m surprise how well they did. :|:|:|

Oh for sure. These girls know how to bring out a great performance! :lover4:

b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The English version itself is still just okay, but the girls killed the performance as always. :yesr:

Their stage performance looks good. I never understood companies giving artist English verision of their songs. Just let them release a new English song.

• Their stage performance looks good. I never understood companies giving artist English verision of their songs. Just let them release a new English song.

I guess it’s because the korean versions are already familiar to their international audience and they want to make the songs more accessible to them? There are some cases where it works, but this isn’t one of them.

Thankfully, Japanese audiences don’t usually experience this issue since Korean is more similar to Japanese so Japanese versions of kpop songs tend to work, but Korean to English is just a lot tougher. *sigh*

Yeah, by releasing original songs in English, you don’t have to worry about being compared to original or flunking the translyrics so I do see where you’re coming from. I don’t mind Eng versions of kpop songs when they sound good though.

• I think it's a "sellable" song performance for something like the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards. If you are talking about the American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, or iHeartRadio Music Awards, Itzy would be lacking on the lyric and vocal fronts.

I'm sharing because I like Itzy. I also want to see K-Pop get more respect in the West. That's not going to happen if songs are lacking in ways that are seen as basic in the West.

• I think it's a "sellable" song performance for something like the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards. If you are talking about the American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, or iHeartRadio Music Awards, Itzy would be lacking on the lyric and vocal fronts.

I'm sharing because I like Itzy. I also want to see K-Pop get more respect in the West. That's not going to happen if songs are lacking in ways that are seen as basic in the West.

Did you just shade ITZY on their vocals as a Twice fan? The song is good and ITZY song could easily be on American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, or iHeartRadio Music Awards.

• Did you just shade ITZY on their vocals as a Twice fan? The song is good and ITZY song could easily be on American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, or iHeartRadio Music Awards.

Never assume a Twice fan just because they share similar symbols with American organizations.

I'm not shading Itzy, I'm just being honest and sharing my perspective. I'm not trying to harm, I'm trying to help Itzy's team understand what league they are hitting in based on their current efforts. If I felt JYPE couldn't do any better, I would have just ignored this MV single.

Is "okay" good enough? If the lyrics and delivery hit on the same level as the production, and it should, I would be one of few people to champion it even if it went against popular opinion.

• I think it's a "sellable" song performance for something like the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards.

Well it's quite rude how you said it, but i understood what you mean.

And I think it's wanted on the part of the company, to target a very young audience, Itzy have a "teen crush" concept the concept of the song is based on a game, I don't understand why everyone was expecting lyrics with a deep meaning.

If you are talking about the American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, or iHeartRadio Music Awards, Itzy would be lacking on the lyric and vocal fronts.

People like Justin Bieber and Dojo cat were awardeds at these ceremonies last year. Personally I don't see in what their lyrics are well done, maybe it's because I'm European and we have a totally different musical culture, but I don't think that the lyrics of a lot of American songs that I have heard is extraordinary. Either way these ceremonies wherever they are in the world no longer reward people for their talent.

Then I really don't understand this criticism of the lack of vocals and lyrics for Itzy. This concerns 90% of Kpop groups when you have a little honesty, Kpop companies like the big Western companies do primarily music for selling, they do not seek art.

I wonder if sometimes people really listen to music from YG, JYPE, and SM before criticizing Itzy on vocals and lyrics because those reviews are all equally applicable to these popular bands. All of these groups have always targeted audiences under the age of 25. RV is a bit of an exception among female groups because they have a more adult concept but they also have songs that are sometimes much lighter.

Itzy are young, they have a "teen concept", people shouldn't expect music of a quality similar to Pink Floyd. :eyebrowsr:

• Well it's quite rude how you said it, but i understood what you mean.

And I think it's wanted on the part of the company, to target a very young audience, Itzy have a "teen crush" concept the concept of the song is based on a game, I don't understand why everyone was expecting lyrics with a deep meaning.

Thanks for sharing your perspective. Nickelodeon and Disney are more geared to an audience who wouldn't be as discriminating when it comes to rap flows (like pre-teens). If JYPE wants to market smart in the West, that's where they should focus.

That's one of my misunderstood points. Americans are aware of this context. They know Nickelodeon is generally for kids. The other is this. It's not about being deep, it's about delivering whatever they are trying to say with a certain level of consistent impact.

People around 17-25 have been exposed to more rappers and rap flows. To name a few: Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion, Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, and Eminem. All these rappers know how to deliver a rhyme, so the bar of acceptability is going to be higher on the 25 end of Itzy's audience in the US.

You may never understand American music culture even if you do music research. Nothing I can do about that. If people who are 20 will accept the English version of Itzy's songs in your area, maybe JYPE needs to pivot and promote these songs more over there. Considering this information about marketing more towards Nickelodeon viewers and Europe, is that actually shade or useful information to help Itzy be more successful in the West?

• like Twice will have a chance in the US? I don't think Americans want a female Milli Vanili group performing on american award shows. How about stay in your line and focus on your faves?

• like Twice will have a chance in the US? I don't think Americans want a female Milli Vanili group performing on american award shows. How about stay in your line and focus on your faves?

I'll show you some compassion. Maybe you are a kid who is still learning how to self-manage when it comes to emotions and reasoning, perhaps part of Itzy's target pre-teen audience?

Carefully review the following statement made in this post: "Never assume a Twice fan just because they share similar symbols with American organizations."

I'll reason with you. What does this previous statement mean? It means, just because the symbol of the Washington Nationals looks a lot like the symbol for Twice doesn't make that person a Twice fan. Nice guess. I am not. Does that make sense?

Itzy is a group I like. I'd rather Itzy's team support the girls better by putting out English songs that will help them and K-Pop get more respect. Rhymes or lyrics that make you pause and think, "Huh?" won't make that happen. Continuing to be constructive, Itzy are pretty good performers when it comes to dancing. They have struggled with delivering rhymes since "Dalla Dalla". This is not new info. JYPE has to do better by not making the same mistakes 3-4 times when it comes to Itzy if he wants them to be received well in the West.

If you have a problem with honesty and objective sharing of different perspectives, tough. Get used to seeing it on these forums for any group that I like. I'm going to keep doing it.

• :pepefacepalm:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!