I've come to realise, boy groups DO have concepts (they're just different ones)

• Thinking of this, I remember as A.C.E said their concept is to be the first and only hardstyle-boygroup ... aaaand woopsy they stoped after 2 songs and never returned to that

They never said that? On the contrary, they've been saying since pre-debut how they don't want to limit themselves in terms of music genres/concepts.

but the CEO of A.C.E's company found all problematic parts in the contract of the winner-group where 2 of the member of A.C.E would have been in, so she told every CEO to not let their idols sign the very shitty contract. She even told the whole world how bad it was by reading the whole contract out loud on camera arguing with YG that broke companys could go bankrupt trouight YG's idea so a lot people only remembered A.C.E in the end of 2017 as "the group who is the reason why a YG-show failed" and thinking of the CEO of Beat people only remembered how YG insulted her and she couldn't say anything against him cause she felt too hurt to be able to defend herself till the time she told him at the end of the show to beg off.

My head hurts reading this, lol. No one knows which companies disagreed with that contract. Where did you even get the "she told every CEO", "reading out loud on camera" and "insulted her" parts, it literally didn't happen? 😭 And the members even said in the interviews later that it's a shame the debut never happened, because it could be a good opportunity.

Also, I saw some of your other posts about A.C.E, and it feels like you are stuck in 2017 with so much misinformation about the group and the members. I understand that you are a fan, but I'd appreciate in you actually check things before talking about A.C.E on puplic platforms. Sorry, if it sounds rude, I just need to say this, because I don't want any wrong info about A.C.E going around.

• ofc bgs have concepts. check out this video for a list of some of them with examples. it's really good and even as a bg stan i learned a lot from it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Um, of course boy groups have concepts? Was this ever in doubt? This is pretty foundational stuff.

Some boy groups change their concept frequently (BTS and to some extent EXO), but I mean look at the Dynamite MV. You can't tell me you don't see a concept there (pastels! gentle energy!), which to some extent gets continued into the Life Goes On MV. BTS being BTS, they'll probably change it up for the next release but that doesn't mean they didn't have concepts. Girl groups tend to swap concepts less often (why? who knows. perhaps they're afraid to mess with a good thing, perhaps they have less control over their image vs. company control because misogyny) but that doesn't mean boys don't have it.

• I'm not the right target demo for BGs but as a distant observer of most BG songs, their concepts seem to come down to two choices: edgy badass vibe vs fresh/flowerboy vibe.

Here is edgy badass. Usually i cringe at these songs but holy fuck just listen to this masterpiece. The song was the best BG song last year and it wasnt close.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is cutesy/fresh. This song was also criminally underrated and made my top 7 male/BG songs of 2020.

• i mean its not that all bgs have the same concept, the problem is the market is overwhelmed by dark/badass concepts (in the form of vampires, chefs, pirates and what not else) and it makes it seem like bgs are boring the same when ggs are currently swarmed with teen crush concepts in the 4th gen

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• i mean its not that all bgs have the same concept, the problem is the market is overwhelmed by dark/badass concepts (in the form of vampires, chefs, pirates and what not else) and it makes it seem like bgs are boring the same when ggs are currently swarmed with teen crush concepts in the 4th gen

Dark concepts are the reason I'm into kpop wdym :froghype: many people I know like it because of the dark concepts.

Gimme dark concepts and take my life. Bg or gg, doesn't matter. Make it emo and powerful.

Teen crush is a thousand times more boring and cringe to me than kpop trying more cool concepts.

☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️

82c353870ef7fcc4f1a65e25a79150e5ffc6d555.gifv

• Dark concepts are the reason I'm into kpop wdym :froghype: many people I know like it because of the dark concepts.

Gimme dark concepts and take my life. Bg or gg, doesn't matter. Make it emo and powerful.

Teen crush is a thousand times more boring and cringe to me than kpop trying more cool concepts.

its a matter of taste i guess

i can take ateez but not skz, and teencrush is yuck

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• I don't like this whole having a concept thing. I understand having an image or a style but I would never like a group that forces their whole career, sound and image to fit into a predestined concept. That's one of the fakest and most manufactured aspects about kpop and I don't know why GG stans are so proud of them.

• its a matter of taste i guess

i can take ateez but not skz, and teencrush is yuck

It is a matter of taste. I don't understand though how something that explores fantasy stuff can be less interesting than a school concept. :whatr:

And usually most bgs mvs have stories which makes it interesting to follow besides the music part.

☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️

82c353870ef7fcc4f1a65e25a79150e5ffc6d555.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!