lets talk about how some of the people that constantly belittle girl group's hard work and keep shading are female.

• I've seen many situations where kpop fans degrade girl groups and GG stans which is honestly sad considering some (i pointed, not all of them, not even majority/most) of them are women. you can see it almost everywhere even on this forum. I won't assume that all of them are female but statistically, some of them are, yet they are the loudest one complaining about misogyny and double standards when it comes to their own faves but in fact, they also are the ones that contribute to it. This might also just be because the majority of the K-pop community is female but that still doesn't change the fact that it's mostly women who hate on girl groups. Whether it be sexualization or cultural appropriation, you name it. The one that hating Nancy&Momoland back on 2018 ? Also during Irene scandal you can see countless thread saying about how she is a problematic (she is still wrong i dont defend her tho) and how "i never like her since the beginning" and when she apologized they suddenly become quite. The one that constantly hating and shading on Blackpink ? To the point where we cant have an appreciation thread without antis ruining it. These people are so quick to point out double standards in the K-pop community but they don't realize they are the ones causing it. Like, the same people who said to support feminism but degrade female groups and then blame it on the misogyny and double standards that YOU caused?

before ppl come and say "so how about girlgroup stan/boy that attacked boy group?" you already know that the behavior is problematic and wrong yet why u still behaving like that ? just because other do it too doesnt mean that you obligate to do that ? ppl always need to be the best version of them.

also before people come and say "so its only wrong when come to female? youre saying thats its okay for male fans to hate on female fans and vice verse?" god give u braincells to think its not that hard to process.

//WHEN I MENTIONED MAMAMOO ITS ABOUT THE AWARD SHOWS CA DURING LAST YEAR MAMA AND THE FACT WHERE PEOPLE COMING FOR THEM FOR CA DUE TO THEIR OUTFIT AND STAGE CONCEPT. NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR PAST CA . APOLOGIZE FOR NOT SPECIFICALLY MENTION IT//

• again with the poc/black fans are just haters narrative. when will people realize that criticism for something an idol does wrong isn't anti behavior? we call out cultural appropriation no matter who does it. does calling out ca by boy groups mean we're misandrists? stop making things up. i don't really care about or understand this thread(your argument is kind of confusing) but stop dragging cultural appropriation into it. it has nothing to do with hating on women.

• again with the poc/black fans are just haters narrative. when will people realize that criticism for something an idol does wrong isn't anti behavior? we call out cultural appropriation no matter who does it. does calling out ca by boy groups mean we're misandrists? stop making things up. i don't really care about or understand this thread(your argument is kind of confusing) but stop dragging cultural appropriation into it. it has nothing to do with hating on women.

edited. deeply apologized for it.

but this mostly about their MAMA performances tho

my mistake for not mentioning it specifically

• You raise many good points

I’ll also like to add to the list some handful of questionable male fans who abuse feminist rhetorics as to why their faves are superior yet contently belittle female fans as hysterical little girls.

• Internalized misogyny is a thing, not only in kpop, but in literally every fields. :sweatr: As sad as it is, I expect men to be shitty toward women, but I agree it's a lot more frustrating when women are being dismissive of other women's struggles because they are... I don't know... prettier, I guess.

Some women didn't watch Mean Girls and Legally Blonde enough.

• you should not be the person talking about that when you do that yourself especially to specific groups

Exactly. OP is doing what she says to BGs. A fresh example in my mind, In the iconic songs thread, she names a shitload of GGs songs and no BG song, basically saying that BGs don't have any iconic songs. If that isn't recognizing other's hard work, I don't know what it is.

So before you demand something OP, maybe you should start with yourself.

• Exactly. OP is doing what she says to BGs. A fresh example in my mind, In the iconic songs thread, she names a shitload of GGs songs and no BG song, basically saying that BGs don't have any iconic songs. If that isn't recognizing other's hard work, I don't know what it is.

So before you demand something OP, maybe you should start with yourself.

just that?

she subtly and non-subtly shades twice all the time while claiming to be a multifandom GG stan

so much about women hating ggs smh

• just that?

she subtly and non-subtly shades twice all the time while claiming to be a multifandom GG stan

so much about women hating ggs smh

I don't even understand which GGs is OP supporting, kinda confusing. But yeah, I've seen the bias towards Twice and she got called out for it multiple times.

• I hate this ”females should support females“ narrative so much. People should in general not hate on anyone nevertheless their gender. This should be the same for men and women. Threads like this are just double standards. Why do I have to support a woman just because I am female,too?

People should support who they want to support and the gender should not matter in my opinion.

• I came to the conclusion that some people just want to defend their faves even if that means to throw their own kind under the bus.

But why would I have to defend another woman just because I am female? Why do I have to always choose the person with my ethnicity? We are individuals with different values and wishes. People should stop using this kind of mob mentality.

People will throw their own gender under the bus BECAUSE they are individuals in the first place and not only a woman, poc or more. That‘s why generalizations do not make any sense. Yes, it does influence your decisions but there are more factors to it than just being in a certain social group. Everyone has different morals and values in the end

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!