Will you unstan if your fave get exposed for being an egotistical?

• well Nayeon is the biggest narcissist of them all so if you are a nayeon bias or ult...then...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I would understand why but I don't support narcissism so I would be concerned. It's always good to be caring about other people over yourself.

I agree.. I think the profession might affect them and they develop the trait or it come out even more thanks to it. But I had a narcissistic teacher and she made life hard for her fellow teachers and us students and everyone else.. it’s not pleasant to be around such person

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• well Nayeon is the biggest narcissist of them all so if you are a nayeon bias or ult...then...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That’s self confidence :pepe-hehe:

• I agree.. I think the profession might affect them and they develop the trait or it come out even more thanks to it. But I had a narcissistic teacher and she made life hard for her fellow teachers and us students and everyone else.. it’s not pleasant to be around such person

You're totally right.

Especially if you're in a super successful group, sometimes that success can get to you.

• I don't support extreme narcissism and i care about people's personalities, so they affect me if i 'stan' someone or not. I wouldn't 'unstan', but i don't think my fave is narcissistic in the first place, if i would think there is a tendency to be extremely narcissistic, i wouldn't 'stan'.

• I guess it depends if their 'narcissim' hurt other people.

We don't really know the 'true' personnality of idols anyway, so as long as they don't hurt/abuse people because of that, I probably wouldn't unstan.

To be honest, while I understand why it can happen to idols, this also seems very hard to deal with if you're in a group. I can't see a narcissistic idol last very long inside a group, especially if they are not the lead or the most popular.

• Depends on what you mean by extreme.

If they love to look at themselves in the mirror, take tons of selfies, watch all their fancams 10000x, read every SM post about them, i'm completely ok with that.

If they're extremely selfish and lack empathy or consideration of others, it would bother me.

If they're so extreme that they cross the line into a sociopath, then no, i would stop stanning ASAP.

• Narcissism is actually a psychological disorder. I don't get why society babies those with depression and anxiety, but demonizes narcissists as if they're not humans. Narcissists need treatment just like everyone else with mental health issues.

If we really want to get rid of the stigma associated with mental health issues, we either do it all or we don't do it at all.

Ok.. English is not my first language so maybe a better word is egotistical? I had in mind a celeb who is Full of themselves and have no regard or empathy for other people..

Is every bad trait a disorder? Someone can choose to be extremely selfish or self centered or manipulative

• My apologies. I didn't mean to be disrespectful.

Yes, I think that would be a better word for it. I still think we need to hold them accountable for their actions regardless of their situation. There's no excuse to hurt others.

Of course, not every bad trait is a disorder. There are narcissists who've learned to live their lives without hurting others. They made the choice to be better.

No worries.. it’s a good reminder to be mindful of our words and have empathy for others..

I’ll edit the thread

superyeah maybe trash it? I think it will do more negative than good..

• I-dont-cAre

Changed the title of the thread from “Will you unstan if your fave get exposed for being an extreme narcissist?” to “Will you unstan if your fave get exposed for being an egotistical?”.
  • Narcissism is actually a psychological disorder. I don't get why society babies those with depression and anxiety, but demonizes narcissists as if they're not humans. Narcissists need treatment just like everyone else with mental health issues.

If we really want to get rid of the stigma associated with mental health issues, we either do it all or we don't do it at all.

Mental illness that harms others Vs mental illness that harms yourself. It’s quite easy to see the difference. The victims of the people who faced narcism have to deal with much more trauma than the actually narcist.

Mental illness does not dissolve you of the harm you do to others. Never has and never will.

Yes they deserve treatment but no not all mental illness are the same. Or deserve the same kind of response. I will flee from a narcissist. I will try to help an anxious or depressed person if it is within my means.

Also what is this poor take saying either we do it all or nothing eye-

• True. As someone that has dealt with some people with mental illness that harmed others or even caused them mental illness, i agree. They of course need to be helped, but we can't excuse them like that, that is not a help. Also at one point sadly you have to think of yourself and people close to you first and distance from people causing harm a bit, to not cause any more of it. Not stop helping them, but there is a limit to what you can do without being influenced yourself.

• No. I hope it wouldn't happen. I think all the K-Pop stars I like seem fairly grounded.

But at the same time there's that social structure in Korea which means it would be hard for them to stay grounded. (Probably much the same as everywhere else really.)

• Haha, I never said to let them run wild and let them do what they want. They should still be held accountable. I mentioned this in a later post.

We don't want to deal with them, sure. I don't either. But the least we could do is acknowledge it as a mental illness so these people don't hurt others others. We can prevent people from getting seriously hurt by doing this.

By "do it all or nothing," I mean we should consider the fact that not all mental illnesses are just the favorable type that's often romanticized. There's a dislikable side to it that we don't like talking about, but it exists.

I addressed your extremely unwarranted comment about ‘babying’ people with depression and anxiety. No one is going to baby a person with narcism. If you didn’t mean to say it perhaps try to word things better.

• "Extremely unwarranted" is a stretch, isn't it? ^^ Not sure why you're upset about it. Relax.

I'm just pointing out the double standards. People are so quick to be advocates for mental health when it's convenient, but they don't realize mental illness takes many different forms. That's my whole point.

comments like yours are dismissive, it’s a micro aggression. Which sadly you don’t even realize it is.

It’s like talking to a wall. I already addressed how not all mental illness is the same and how they won’t and actually shouldn’t be treated the same.

But you do you.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!