Do you primarily listen to music from the current year or do you listen to various years?

• I'm just curious about this. It might be my OCD, or trying to perfect my Apple Music Replay to only include songs from the current year, but I feel like I mostly only listen to songs from the current year. As a result, I don't listen to some of my favorite songs from past years. And by this I mean, in 2021 I'll only listen to songs released in 2021. This honestly makes me sad though because so many good K-pop songs come out in a single year. Does anyone else do this or are you normal?

• Oooo interesting i'll say i do that too, i kinda enjoy all last year music in its time, then when the new year comes in, new amazing songs come out i would listen to them only and so on

But i'll always keep my fav songs saved from last years, cuz sometimes u miss a certain old song or especially if the group didnt make a comeback yet

• I’m old so... I listen to whatever the hell i feel like from whatever era whenever I feel like it. In fact I have such a lot of classics that I love, that I rarely can keep up with current trends in music - only if something particularly captures my attention. There’s too much good music out there in the world to only listen to whatever is current. I’d feel like I was shutting myself off from joy.

• I’m old so... I listen to whatever the hell i feel like from whatever era whenever I feel like it. In fact I have such a lot of classics that I love, that I rarely can keep up with current trends in music - only if something particularly captures my attention. There’s too much good music out there in the world to only listen to whatever is current. I’d feel like I was shutting myself off from joy.

You're not old. :P Only as old as you feel.

I aspire to be like you. I'm 25 and like music from all eras - K-pop or not. I occasionally even listen to music from the 80's that my dad has put me onto. But I'm obsessive about this and I have no clue why. And that's why I said it makes me sad because as you mentioned, maybe I am shutting myself off from joy.

• OCD manifests itself in different ways. It’s difficult. Listen to whatever makes you feel happy, but if you feel like it’s taking over that aspect of your life and that is making you less happy, you can work on this with a therapist. I’m hoping you’ve got someone who’s already helping you with everything else, anyway.

• For kpop, I have a playlist that covers the 4 last months. It includes enough songs that I can enjoy the latest releases quite frequently without playing them over and over again. Then I have yearly playlists but since I'm fairly new to the genre, they're not so many.

Otherwise I just go with what I feel like. For my first genre of choice (metal), I usually go by bands: playing a full album or a playlist that covers most, if not all of a band's career. Very recently I made a Children of Bodom playlist after the news of the passing of Alexi Laiho broke out. Tribute to the Wildchild.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!