SHINee's Atlantis MV out now!!!

• I think their voices need to grow on you, for me it was the same.

I just needed to find a song that fit with keys voice very well and the same goes for taemin and since then, i feel like something would miss without their voices

i have known SHINee since their early years, Jonghyun's and Onew's voices have always been my favorites in the group. besides, i don't know if it is just my imagination but i feel like Taemin's voice regressed in the past few years, it is especially apparent when goes high. he sounds fine in his lower register though.

• i have known SHINee since their early years, Jonghyun's and Onew's voices have always been my favorites in the group. besides, i don't know if it is just my imagination but i feel like Taemin's voice regressed in the past few years, it is especially apparent when goes high. he sounds fine in his lower register though.

Yes, but he didn't sound too disturbing to me. He sounded like a rocker. My favorites are Jonghyun and Taemin but in SHINee I like the all the members voice in general.

• area is very interesting. way different than i expected.

check out Minho's lyrics for area

Its lovely

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Oh hell yeah this is a bop! :pepemusic:

I really like the song. The chorus is catchy. Onew and Taemin really owned this song. I love the colors in the MV and the styling is top notch. The fancy outfits they wear toward the end (when Key is in the sparkly purple best) is especially nice. I can't wait to see the live stage since the choreography looks very good.

• I like this way better than Don't Call Me. This is their signature sound and they look and sound natural in this.

i have known SHINee since their early years, Jonghyun's and Onew's voices have always been my favorites in the group. besides, i don't know if it is just my imagination but i feel like Taemin's voice regressed in the past few years, it is especially apparent when goes high. he sounds fine in his lower register though.

He regressed a bit -not drastic- (likely due his hectic schedule resulting in his vocals being taken care less especially juggling his solo, Shinee, Superm, etc. working non-stop unlike his hyungs who were on a break , went to the army and now fresh out of military) but he still retain most of his good vocals technique as before and is still a competent vocalist. He sounds fine imo. This is like Onew who also regressed around 6 years ago before he went to get surgery after that for his vocals nodules and now sounded better and pulling vocals better than before.

However, I believe when you mentioned you don't like Taemin's and Key's voices, those have nothing to do with vocals. The correct term you might be looking for is vocal tone (voice). The sound/color/voice, etc. whatever you call it. It's subjective, it's what they're naturally born with. Just because you don't find their vocal tone pleasant, doesn't mean they don't hit the right notes (nor is it a vocal flaw). It doesn't have to do with vocal skills and techniques. Even during Taemin's vocal peak 5 years ago when he showed tremendous growth and adopted some impressive vocal techniques that even other main vocalists were lacking, there are people that didn't like his vocal tone (voice). Vocal tone is subjective. Some people like it, some ppl don't. Same for Key.

Meanwhile, Onew for example has a very popular vocal tone that is liked by most people. Onew is like naturally blessed with a vocal tone that's well-liked by many people. His technique is good too.

Now, there might be some idols'/singers' voices that you may like and may sound good to your untrained ears but it doesn't mean they have the right singing techniques nor do they hit the right notes/adequate technique. For example, it's common that alot of people find themselves liking certain singers who's actually nasal (without realizing it because they like the vocal tone) when nasality is actually a vocal flaw. Another example, (not really nasality but other types of vocal flaws) alot of ppl might have an opinion that they really like Rose's, Park Bom's, Jimin's, etc. vocal tones, but technique-wise, they're not good.

An opinion of a good vocal tone(voice) doesn't necessarily mean good vocals. Likewise, for an opinion of bad vocal tone =/= bad vocals.

• Well, I said I don't like their voices, not their vocal technique lol. The comment on Taemin's vocal regression was just a side observation.

And to answer the rest of your post, my favorite kpop vocalists are Kyuhyun and Ryeowook so yep I pretty much know everything you wanted to say.

• I actually think Key's vocal really jumped out in this one

He did more than half of the adlips

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• chounim

Suuure...

Whoever you may stan even if they're good vocalists, doesn't mean you know shit.

Anyway, I wanted to add and correct you that at the start of the song that Taemin sang, that's actually a stylistic choice - a rock style vocal. That's not an example of vocal regression. He did fine there. If you have problem with that, that's just you having a problem with his vocal tone. Not his fault.

• There's no need to get pissy about this. You're the one who started writing essays over a subjective opinion.

• yeah it's very pretty, i love the "save water, save us" poster hehe

the choreo is great too! parts of it remind me of dcm and view!

my prediction is that this is gonna be minho's era!

he really stands out in this, from his rap to visuals, center parts, + everything!

ofc they all did well, im very proud of them.

hahaha I laughed seeing that poster.

This song is so good. But I want to see the performance-/dance-focused version. They're definitely one of my favorite performers in terms of their dance skills.

• Atlantis is pretty good but Days and Years is probably one of my favorite b-sides of theirs period! (granted I don't know all their b-sides but still)

• There's no need to get pissy about this. You're the one who started writing essays over a subjective opinion.

You directly say you don't like Taekey's voice and you say you will never like their voice, I think you don't need to twist it, this is hate comment. So far I haven't seen any negative comments about SHINee vocals from reactors. Even first-time listeners were surprised and appreciated that Taemin started out with rock tone in the song. If you don't like it, you don't need to come and make excessive negative comments. You can follow your favorite singers and groups.

• You directly say you don't like Taekey's voice and you say you will never like their voice, I think you don't need to twist it, this is hate comment. So far I haven't seen any negative comments about SHINee vocals from reactors. Even first-time listeners were surprised and appreciated that Taemin started out with rock tone in the song. If you don't like it, you don't need to come and make excessive negative comments. You can follow your favorite singers and groups.

you're overreacting. not liking a singer's voice isn't hate lol. and this is a public forum and this thread was not supposed to be an appreciation thread. next time just scroll down if you don't like my comment.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!