The glory days of kpop are long gone

• The Golden Age of kpop has passed and its unfortunately never returning.

Gone are the days of 5 star discographies like those of TVXQ, SNSD, BIGBANG, 2NE1, T-ARA, f(x), SHINee.

Gone are the days of 5 star Hollywood beauties like Yoona, Sulli, Suzy, Seolhyun, Taeyeon, IU.

And gone are the days of national hits from more than just the 3 most popular current groups. Back in the day anyone could have a hit.

Find me a group today who cant even sale 2k copies of a single album that had a die hard fanbase like Crayon Pop. Their uncle fans chanted louder than BTS fans when V pants accidentally come undone and falls to his ankles during a performance.

Why do groups today get rewarded just for debuting? Who the hell is Aespa and StayC and Secret Number? Can we please wait for them to do something great before we give them this much attention?

Back in second gen you had to earn your money and fame. f(x) had to put in the work and time to get their first music show win which took two years for them to get. Nobody handed them shit. They worked hard for that trophy. But now Aespa comes along and wins 15 music shows for a slightly below average debut song because they are from SM and has Jennies little sister in the group.

Todays music is a joke. Theres not a single song today from any girl group that can touch nugu Rainbows "A".

I could go on and in but my cat just vomited on my Super Nintendo. I'll be back.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Golden age start 2016 once Blackpink debuted!

stream!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and some Dreamcatcher for bonus!

• Itzy is pretty good tho, you should stan Drew. Yuan and Yeji are so adorable.

Itzy are the exception. I love those girls.

• was the thikning the same ^^" brave girls realy ruin this thread

I still hope your super nintendo is alright though drew! Freakin cat

Brave Girls are second gen.

• Then go find something that brings you joy. Why keep on shitting on music that others enjoy and bring them happiness. You keep posting the same crap like your opinion means more than the people who are buying music and going to concerts of their favorite artists. You sound like that senior citizen who keeps bitching that the price of going to a movie isn’t 10 cents anymore

• Then go find something that brings you joy. Why keep on shitting on music that others enjoy and bring them happiness. You keep posting the same crap like your opinion means more than the people who are buying music and going to concerts of their favorite artists. You sound like that senior citizen who keeps bitching that the price of going to a movie isn’t 10 cents anymore

I'm trying to protect people from mediocrity. They need to know there is better stuff out there.

And I am a senior citizen. My generation paved the way for you kids.

• I'm trying to protect people from mediocrity. They need to know there is better stuff out there.

And I am a senior citizen. My generation paved the way for you kids.

Look, love, I’m nearly forty, and people have said this stuff from the dawn of the time. When I was a teenager or in my early twenties, older people said this about ‘modern’ music too. When my parents were kids, their parents told them that the Beatles or the Stones were music and culture going downhill. It’s a shallow, pithy argument that holds no weight as it is only based off your own personal opinion.

Listen to what makes you feel happy - it’s not going anywhere! - and let people enjoy other things as they will. It’s not difficult, but the world will not stop turning to align itself only with things that you proclaim to be good enough.

• Look, love, I’m nearly forty, and people have said this stuff from the dawn of the time. When I was a teenager or in my early twenties, older people said this about ‘modern’ music too. When my parents were kids, their parents told them that the Beatles or the Stones were music and culture going downhill. It’s a shallow, pithy argument that holds no weight as it is only based off your own personal opinion.

Listen to what makes you feel happy - it’s not going anywhere! - and let people enjoy other things as they will. It’s not difficult, but the world will not stop turning to align itself only with things that you proclaim to be good enough.

But I want to stay interested and invested in kpop. I know all my faves from previous generations are still there to enjoy. But I want kpop to remain a hobby for me for years to come. The last few years are making that extremely difficult.

• Look, love, I’m nearly forty, and people have said this stuff from the dawn of the time. When I was a teenager or in my early twenties, older people said this about ‘modern’ music too. When my parents were kids, their parents told them that the Beatles or the Stones were music and culture going downhill. It’s a shallow, pithy argument that holds no weight as it is only based off your own personal opinion.

Hi gorgeous. Love this post.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!