The glory days of kpop are long gone

• But I want to stay interested and invested in kpop. I know all my faves from previous generations are still there to enjoy. But I want kpop to remain a hobby for me for years to come. The last few years are making that extremely difficult.

Look, if you’ve been around long enough, as you say you have, then you’ll know that trends and sounds and styling come and go (pretty quickly, tbh). Sit back, let things wash over you that aren’t your thing, focus on the things that you DO like ( you said you currently like Itzy, for example), keep one eye open for new things that might resonate with you and don’t get your knickers in a twist about the things that aren’t your thing. Next year, people will be trying something different. In two years, it will have moved on again... and hey, if you’re still watching in fifteen years, people might be at the point to doing throwback concepts to reference your old faves...?😂😜

• care to elaborate you love them?

Ryujin and Chaeryeong are my faves. Icy is my favorite song from them.

I was hoping they were gonna be my next gen f(x) but they fell just short of becoming that for me. But I still keep an eye on them cause they have potential to be great.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If you were talking about local music, i wouldve agreed with you. Although the peak for local music happened in 1989, not during Kpop 2nd gen heyday.

Back in the 80s you had LEGENDS like MJ, Prince, Springsteen, U2, Madonna, Houston, Collins, Joel, George Michael, Elton John, Summer, Ocean, Chicago, Journey, Ritchie, Kool, Mellencamp, Hall and Oates, Wonder, GunsnRoses, NWA, Run DMC, and Ross.

There will never be a pop music scene like this again in any country. Music was so diverse it makes me cry to think about what's happened to pop music nowadays. We had rock, metal, British synth, pop, reggae, RnB, disco, hip hop, lyrical rap, and every genre in between.

But nowadays, Kpop is the only place where real music with real notes, chord progressions, and instruments are still played, were real dance/choreo/performance is appreciated and rewarded, where there is a semblance of musicality. You aint finding it in the Hot 100 with a few exceptions like Drivers License and Anyone.

• But I want to stay interested and invested in kpop. I know all my faves from previous generations are still there to enjoy. But I want kpop to remain a hobby for me for years to come. The last few years are making that extremely difficult.

Dreamcatcher exists

They still haven't had their first win and their music stands out

Protect yourself from mediocrity by listening to what they put out

• Golden age start 2016 once Blackpink debuted!

and some Dreamcatcher for bonus!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Their debut killed the golden age. Dreamcatcher's cool, though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!