We are at that point where Gen 3 fans should start realizing their era isn’t going to last forever

• Once I started seeing more “Gen 4 will never measure up to Gen 3” threads I knew the time was approaching. I’ve seen it happen with Gen 2 stans belittling Gen 3, and not long after all their biases start dropping like dominos: contracts expire, disbandments, long term hiatus, inactivity, irrelevancy, etc.

You will think it’s the fault of companies, “they did my biases dirty”, “mistreatment!”. But the reality is your biases are looking forward to that day. They made their money, now they want their freedom. No amount of shitting on the new generation or making “demands” to companies will bring back your groups to their glory days. It’s over. The faster you accept the inevitable the better it will turn out for everyone

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• people are too obsessed with eras. Just support ur favorite groups. No groups last forever, and those that do last long become inactive anyway. That's why you need to move on and support new groups when your faves disband. Find a new bias group.

• Yes, they will disband at some point, but it has nothing to do with the content of the letter.

I’ll tell you what it is honestly. Even top groups eventually lose their hype and relevancy they enjoyed for their first 5 years. Fans notice this and put all the blame on companies “they aren’t doing enough to promote my faves!” But they don’t realize that just like excitement and hype was part of the business plan in the initial cycle, so is down-hype for the final cycle. They have new products to promote, new deals, new cycles. This is why Apple pushes hard for new iPhone models and wants people to forget their old models, even though iPhone 6 was their best selling one

• No one cares about gens as hard as kpop stans. If your faves are gonna be relevant, they are gonna be. If they lose hype, they’ll lose the hype. It doesn’t matter what era or gen that happens in. What matters is themselves and how far they are willing to go.

It’s only in kpop a group’s success depends on another’s downfall. If you are gonna make it, you’ll make it :pepe-tea:

• I’ll tell you what it is honestly. Even top groups eventually lose their hype and relevancy they enjoyed for their first 5 years. Fans notice this and put all the blame on companies “they aren’t doing enough to promote my faves!” But they don’t realize that just like excitement and hype was part of the business plan in the initial cycle, so is down-hype for the final cycle. They have new products to promote, new deals, new cycles. This is why Apple pushes hard for new iPhone models and wants people to forget their old models, even though iPhone 6 was their best selling one

The user you quoted is correct, the letter was about a different thing. What pushed the RV support groups is because Irene's movie debut was yesterday yet Smtownglobal didn't tweet about it at all yesterday, BUT they did tweet yesterday about Shinee Minho's drama. So where's the fairness in that? Look at the twitter account you'll see it's true.

• Kicking and screaming won't change anything for 3rd Gen groups.

The only thing we can do as fan is supporting them for as long as they want to be in the industry, whether as a group, or in their solo projects :siptear:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!