Road To Kingdom was dumb

• They should have just made Road To Kingdom as a normal Kingdom.

Like you make an entire "Road To Kingdom" to play this sad story about groups not making it as big as other top tier groups and make everyone crying and sad and shit and all during the entire show. Like for Queendom everyone was happy as fk everyone was like WOOO YAY LETS HAVE FUN but Road To Kingdom was like cut-throat you die I die we all die bye bye. Bish you even eliminated Golden Child like they needed more exposure but you be like HAHA NAH BISH LETS JUST ELIMINATE YOU TO MAKE DRAMA AND CAUSE EVERYONE TO CRY

And after this entire saga only 1 group got to progress. And guess what, bish now you can't even find groups to join your actual Kingdom. Like if you just made "Road To Kingdom" a normal Kingdom show like a Queendom equivalent you wouldn't have this problem. I mean you can continue with a Queendom 2.0 or a Kingdom 2.0 with less popular groups since none of your big groups want to join. It would be easier for you to find less popular groups who needed the exposure to participate in your program.

Road To Kingdom should have just have the same format as Queendom. No cut-throat elimination. Everyone was having fun and all. We could have just moved on with life and continued with Queendom 2.0 or Kingdom 2.0 with ease. Mnet you dumb as fk like I know you are a snake and all but snakes are supposed to have brains right but nah you dumb af

• well even Knetz are now complaining that there isn't enough number of groups that can right now participate in Kingdom, and that it will be better if MNet would just do Queendom 2

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• well even Knetz are now complaining that there isn't enough number of groups that can right now participate in Kingdom, and that it will be better if MNet would just do Queendom 2

The problem with Kingdom now is that, you cannot ask groups who are less popular than those in RTK to participate, because that defeats the whole purpose of RTK. But how many groups out there are actually less popular or impactful than ... Pentagon? Tbh I don't even know why Pentagon is in RTK they should have been in Kingdom from the start.

And all the popular groups are like now thinking whether they should join or not. Those groups who are too popular can't join too because it would be too unfair

• god no. we want kingdom

for now it looks like there are only 3 groups that could be in Kingdom for sure so...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Yeah, I agree. With Queendom you had senior groups like AOA who were still active but weren't really popular who could benefit from it. Now if you try to do the same with Kingdom, it's not going to work because alot of the senior groups have members in the military, or are too popular.

They made it like some battle of the bands kind of thing, when it's really supposed to be just fun like with Queendom. And I didn't like the eliminations either, didn't give other groups enough of a chance to shine.

I mean I guess this Kingdom is going to be with like 3 groups or end up being scrapped entirely, because Mnet are having trouble finding some acts to join.

tbh I just want Queendom 2.0 so APRIL can go on and give me good performances :waterr:

• yeah, like you said, they made it into a battle, so of course the groups that are already very popular or years going, are not going to participate. Not to mention 2nd and 3rd gen group are performance wise very different than 4th gen, that have really intense dance routines. So they have nothing to gain competing with them.

And three confirmed groups are all so good performance wise (on similar ways, but have different strong points) and now they have to find someone that can compete with them and is also more famous/successful than the rtk groups.

It would be fun if they invite a band and a very versatile soloist, that could use the exposure. In that way the show would be more versatile and the performances on different levels, it would also not look like the competition, since they would have such different basis and strong points, that you can't compare

I've been saying this for a long time even on the old forum, they should invite Day6. They are different from other idol groups because they are a band. RTK was full of dance routines (and most performances were lipsync) it was more of a dance competition.

Day6 would spice things up and make things different. Then again if Stray Kids are already joining I don't know if JYPE will allow 2 of their groups

• The problem with Kingdom now is that, you cannot ask groups who are less popular than those in RTK to participate, because that defeats the whole purpose of RTK. But how many groups out there are actually less popular or impactful than ... Pentagon? Tbh I don't even know why Pentagon is in RTK they should have been in Kingdom from the start.

And all the popular groups are like now thinking whether they should join or not. Those groups who are too popular can't join too because it would be too unfair

Thinking of this, they should ask A.C.E but than again it would be to bad if they do stuff where they need many members for. You see on RTK some groups had to leave members out since one group had 6 member and all other groups where like 8-9 people...

Reasons why I would think A.C.E would be a good choice:

• Their song "Favourite Boys" was named as one of the most importaint KPop-songs of 2020 even tho they don't even charted that good or sold many CDs
    • The members are great dancers and even menage to dance better to songs of other groups than the original groups themself
    • They have awards, even tho they are from underrated award shows
    • They can mostlikly show how trought the show how it is when you come from a broke-ass company and than slowly make it bigger (even tho they are sadly still too underrated)
    • The style of their own songs is extremly different from the most other KPop-groups wich would bring a bit fresh air to the show

But than again, reasons why it would be bad to choose A.C.E :

• Too many viewer wouldn't even know who they are (that's like as TOO was on RTK and nobody even knew that they are a new group)
    • The few people who might remember them from somewhere wouldn't even vote for them when another group would be on the same show (as example imagine someone remembers them from "oh there were on that failed YG-survival show in 2017" and than let's say VAV would be in that show too vote for VAV instead)
    • Because they are just 5 members it might be to complicated when concepts require (as like on RTK) to have the same amount of members and groups with more as 5 member would be on a loss and fans of the groups could say that it is unfair to for example let only 5 from 9 member participate

Before the show was even fully announced people rumored back than that possible candidates for the show would be ATEEZ and THE BOYZ but oooh IDK if they would even go there now...

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• if they cant find enough bgs for kingdom then i say they just do bgs and ggs together instead of queendom 2.0 they just have a co-ed version, i think it’d be interesting

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• IMO they should just swallow their pride and admit that RTK was a bad idea and just revise their requirements.

- Get rid of the stupid rules they screwed themselves over with and have lesser known groups compete. Even if smaller groups don't have the budget or fanbase to win, at least they'll benefit from the exposure.

- Let Pentagon join Kingdom anyway (I wouldn't even mind if other groups got a second chance in the future, plenty of talent-based reality show competitions bring back previous contestants after they've improved)

I feel bad for the groups that were on RTK. Give The Boyz a different prize that's actually worth more than just competing again, but less than the prize of winning Kingdom.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• if they cant find enough bgs for kingdom then i say they just do bgs and ggs together instead of queendom 2.0 they just have a co-ed version, i think it’d be interesting

There's a Chinese version of this called 'We Are Blazing', which is pretty similar to Queendom/RTK in format.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!