Jennie tells Harper’s Bazaar why she apologized for vaping indoors.

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I can't tell if she realizes her act or not. But she apologized and it's better than remaining silent

100% if she was still under YG they won't send an apology letter and they will just cut that video like nothing happened.

I get the feeling that she doesn't think that she did anything wrong going from that response :wellr:

• when they say vaping do they mean like weed vape or nicotine? either way who gives a shit lol

She was vaping while doing her makeup was being done.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I can't tell if she realizes her act or not. But she apologized and it's better than remaining silent

100% if she was still under YG they won't send an apology letter and they will just cut that video like nothing happened.

She should have left it at the apology.... how did her team approve this question lol... they should have been careful...

People mainly had an issue with ver vaping so close to her makeup artist... so now they will relate her explanation to that and come up with all sorts of stuff.

• She should have left it at the apology.... how did her team approve this question lol... they should have been careful...

People mainly had an issue with ver vaping so close to her makeup artist... so now they will relate her explanation to that and come up with all sorts of stuff.

Just like they let her upload that vlog without reviewing it in detail, neither Jennie nor her team seem to be paying attention. :pepe-shrug:

• Just like they let her upload that vlog without reviewing it in detail, neither Jennie nor her team seem to be paying attention. :pepe-shrug:

Jennie would be swamped with so many things managing this and that as its a first independent comeback... but the team is there to do the said tasks... they need to be careful....like so much more careful...

• Jennie would be swamped with so many things managing this and that as its a first independent comeback... but the team is there to do the said tasks... they need to be careful....like so much more careful...

A few hours ago they got the fandom name wrong, now these!

Are there any professional staff on her team or the team is just random people who follow her around. Seriously, this is so embarrassing :pepe-back-away:

• I was surprised this controversy wasn't mentioned on here when it first happened.

But... outside of Korea only Blackpinks second fandom even gave a shit

I remember seeing it on reddit but it was just such a nothing burger to me I never even read into it. Though I am coming from the perspective of someone in the US in a state where THC vapes are legal and I commonly see teenagers smoking nicotine vapes in public.

• She should have left it at the apology.... how did her team approve this question lol... they should have been careful...

I'm really starting to side-eye Odd Atelier/Jennie's responses. Like what's the point of bringing this up again? Antis are going to dissect her words like in this one she sounds like she was forced to apologize. Tbh I also don't get her response here lol the it's time part. What does she even mean?

Also that BamBam thing. I hate YGE but one thing they do right is that they hardly ever respond to dating rumors. Like it wasn't making any noise and only after Odd Atelier made that statement that it started making noise...

• This reeks of "I didn't sincerely want to apologize, but here are the reasons I had to." Should've let sleeping dogs lie. She's lucky it didn't blow up bigger in the first place, and now she's mentioning it again?

Are there any professional staff on her team or the team is just random people who follow her around. Seriously, this is so embarrassing :pepe-back-away:

Maybe you should ask her, she hired them.

• You know, at first i thought: She should send everybody to hell. "Is my body, i do what i want with it" But then i thought, Kpop idols are seen as role models. Seeing idols vaping can send a negative message to their younger audience. They are naive, they don't have a defined personality yet. They could think "Omg, Jennie is vaping, she is so cool, i should be vaping too" And that's a problem.

Mmmm, Idols should be more careful with things like this.

Btw, what the hell she meant when " Its cultural, its history. I can't go against time"

• I'm really starting to side-eye Odd Atelier/Jennie's responses. Like what's the point of bringing this up again? Antis are going to dissect her words like in this one she sounds like she was forced to apologize. Tbh I also don't get her response here lol the it's time part. What does she even mean?

Also that BamBam thing. I hate YGE but one thing they do right is that they hardly ever respond to dating rumors. Like it wasn't making any noise and only after Odd Atelier made that statement that it started making noise...

This.... even Koreans didn't link them up as them dating, even responses on shit show korean sites were decent ... they should have refrained from responding...

Vaping issue should have never been brought up again and the response to that was awful no matter how we look at it... :whatr:

This response would have been a 10/10 on a dating question though... would have called out koreans and their thought process towards how they amplify at as a scandal...but it didnt suit the vaping incident...

• Her answer seems fine to me. It seems she does not regret smoking, but she's sorry cause it probably insult Korean. And since she's Korean and Korean public figure, she did what she need to do.

The question definitely to provoke her, I like she made it simple.

• I understand the need to apologize to the people in the room with her IF they weren't okay with it. What I find weird is why she needs to apologize to anyone else. I wasn't personally impacted by her vaping, she doesn't owe me an apology for it. She definitely doesn't need to apologize to Koreans or whoever else.

This doesn't need to be a public matter - it just needs to be between Jennie and whoever IN THAT ROOM felt unhappy with her vaping.

• I get the feeling that she doesn't think that she did anything wrong going from that response :wellr:

I mean if people are unable to think properly and look at the full context which is why she apologised in Public that was her response which makes total sense.. but actually looking into it requires a iq which is hard for a lot of KPOP fans.

You know, at first i think: She should send everybody to hell. "Is my body, i do what i want with it" But then i thought, Kpop idols are seen as role models. Seeing idols vaping can send a negative message to their younger audience. They are naive, they don't have a defined personality yet. They could think "Omg, Jennie is vaping, she is so cool, i should be vaping too" And that's a problem.

Mmmm, Idols should be more careful with things like this.

Btw, what the hell she meant when " Its cultural, its history. I can't go against time"

She was asked why she apologised publicy by a western interviewer this was the response.

Feels like another sorry I got caught apology but worse

Its not.. but sure

She needs media training, she's always giving dumb blonde rich.

I guess she expects more from 0 iq people.. guess not based on how many people I have to reply to.

She should have left it at the apology.... how did her team approve this question lol... they should have been careful...

The question was fine? its just ignorant people not looking at the full context

I'm really starting to side-eye Odd Atelier/Jennie's responses. Like what's the point of bringing this up again? Antis are going to dissect her words like in this one she sounds like she was forced to apologize. Tbh I also don't get her response here lol the it's time part. What does she even mean?

She was asked a question on why she apologised this was the response.

This reeks of "I didn't sincerely want to apologize, but here are the reasons I had to." Should've let sleeping dogs lie. She's lucky it didn't blow up bigger in the first place, and now she's mentioning it again?

Maybe you should ask her, she hired them.

Wrong it reeks of people like you ignoring the question and just looking at the answer and lose even more braincells.

I understand the need to apologize to the people in the room with her IF they weren't okay with it. What I find weird is why she needs to apologize to anyone else. I wasn't personally impacted by her vaping, she doesn't owe me an apology for it. She definitely doesn't need to apologize to Koreans or whoever else.

This doesn't need to be a public matter - it just needs to be between Jennie and whoever IN THAT ROOM felt unhappy with her vaping.

Finally someone here has a brain that was the whole point.. she was asked why she had to apology which is why she said its the culture etc..

The whole interview was basically comparing the cultures.

• I mean if people are unable to think properly and look at the full context which is why she apologised in Public that was her response which makes total sense.. but actually looking into it requires a iq which is hard for a lot of KPOP fans.

Why spend time looking it up when I have Jennie's PR team here to let me know within 24 hours? :pepe-toast:

• The fact that it's you, of all people, accusing half the forum of lacking intelligence is just ironic beyond all belief. Did Jennie hire you for PR? Because you're doing just as bad a job as the rest of her label.

• The fact that it's you, of all people, accusing half the forum of lacking intelligence is just ironic beyond all belief. Did Jennie hire you for PR? Because you're doing just as bad a job as the rest of her label.

Says the people unable to look into anything and spout bs lmfao.

"This reeks of "I didn't sincerely want to apologize, but here are the reasons I had to." Should've let sleeping dogs lie. She's lucky it didn't blow up bigger in the first place, and now she's mentioning it again?

Maybe you should ask her, she hired them."

How desperate are you, she didnt mention it a question was asked and she responded. Grow up.

• You want me to grow up? I'm not the one clueless enough to think, "Yeah, I was forced to apologize for something I couldn't care less about, because Koreans are all old-fashioned and stuff" actually amounts to a decent response. She's shot herself in the foot again, but as long as you're there to reprimand the gun, she'll be okay! :S

• the only one ignorant and acting dense is you if you didn't understand what I said. Reserve your comments and advices for others...

• And i think she's right to apologize

If you live in a country then respect the culture

If the culture think that indoor smoking is bad then it's normal that she take responsability for her act and apologize

She have the right mindset

I totally get why koreans would be mad

I feel the same when i see foreigners coming in france and not saying hello or bonjour to cashier or server cuz for them the customer is always right cuz it's like this in their country

When in our country it doesn't work like this

So i get why it could make them mad and i think jennie is really smart and mature to think like this

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• She needs media training, she's always giving dumb blonde rich.

She knows what she is doing and she just doesn't care? Like at a certain point, especially in the west, and less common in SK, but you just in fact stop caring because you get dragged in the public square for doing something that other ppl do and no one cares.

So yeah, i think she essentially said, she apologized because she had to, its korean culture. Now my opinion is, i don't think, that SHE THINKS she did anything wrong. Which is fine by me. She knows the situation more. Maybe that is her usual make-up team and they are ok with her smoking while in the chair etc etc.

Plus from the video, it looks like she blew the smoke up, which is kinda like a courtesy smoke, because she's being somewhat conscious of the staff around her.

• the only one ignorant and acting dense is you if you didn't understand what I said. Reserve your comments and advices for others...

You said similar dumb shit in this thread so added you into it.

You want me to grow up? I'm not the one clueless enough to think, "Yeah, I was forced to apologize for something I couldn't care less about, because Koreans are all old-fashioned and stuff" actually amounts to a decent response. She's shot herself in the foot again, but as long as you're there to reprimand the gun, she'll be okay! :S

She never said she was forced to apologise it was about her having to apologize in public vs private..

I’m a one of the few people (it seems) that understood what she meant?

Glad you have a brain unlike the people in this thread xd

She knows what she is doing and she just doesn't care? Like at a certain point, especially in the west, and less common in SK, but you just in fact stop caring because you get dragged in the public square for doing something that other ppl do and no one cares.

So yeah, i think she essentially said, she apologized because she had to, its korean culture. Now my opinion is, i don't think, that SHE THINKS she did anything wrong. Which is fine by me. She knows the situation more. Maybe that is her usual make-up team and they are ok with her smoking while in the chair etc etc.

Plus from the video, it looks like she blew the smoke up, which is kinda like a courtesy smoke, because she's being somewhat conscious of the staff around her.

Literally not what she said lmfao people really are unable to think.. crazy.

She was asked why she apologised publicy by a western interviewer this was the response.

• Im not the one being stupid here... go try somewhere else.

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!