Has YG Entertainment gone insane with Babymonster youtube ads?

• Has YG obsession with youtube ads go to far with babymonster? 32

1. Absolutely (28) 88%
    2. Maybe (3) 9%
    3. I'm forced to vote No (1) 3%

Alright I think there is a point where you should stop and reflect if you are overdoing things. Youtube ads are a reality on kpop, since years almost every kpop act has used it to promote their music from the top groups to the nugus, and even when a company doesn't do it the fans unite and paid themselves the ads, with a way lower reach but still use it as little promo the company refuses to invest on. But the ads have a stigma too, is undeniable that kpop fans pretend having youtube ads to be a drag, personally I think is fine because outside some extreme cases is just a promotion boost totally legal.

And then we have the worrying cases like yg obsession with babymonster views with ads, I have never seen something so crazy in kpop, almost every video of them gets ads, a ton of them, the common for kpop was primarily the music video and maybe the principal teaser, but almost every video of them gets ads, performance videos, dance practices, covers, even yang hyunsuk talking about their future schedules got damn ads. And the thing about the thread is, they are spending legit a FORTUNE, the amount of money they are spending looks surreal, so let's break it down:

Screenshot 2024 Known Ad-Promoted K-Pop MVs - Music Videos ARE advertisements.png

Ads views checker: https://kpop.daisuki.com.br/

In just 11 of their most viewed videos there is a total of 554.5M ad views, basically half the views in their most viewed videos are from ads and if you don't understand how fucking insane this is, this is probably the biggest amount of ad views of any kpop group so far in only 11 videos in barely 8 months of debut, way more than other kpop groups paid in years with more videos. For example, some other 4th gen groups

Itzy (since Mafia in 2021): 212.5M

Lesserafim: 163M

Aespa (since forever in 2021): 394M

Ive: 190.5M

Gidle (since Hwaa in 2021): 251.5M

Twice (since More & More in 2020): 193.5‬M

The amount of money spent by yg in babymonster couldn't be known for sure but with most sites proclaiming that youtube ads usually go from $0.1 to $0.3, with some claiming the lowest is $0.03 and the max even $0.5 per ad view then the figures are scandalous, so lets see:

$0.03 price: $16.6 millions

$0.1 price: $55.46‬ millions

That's the two figures seem more believable, the other the ones are two high to be real to be honest, I think the reality is anything near these two amounts of money. But even the lowest estimation is a lot of money investing only on ads, like if you think in everything involving babymonster we could be talking about $50M-$100M invested so far in a damn rookie group... I know yg made a lot of money with the born pink tour but this makes no sense, they are really really reaaaally desperate.

And the worst part is that yg also uses the trick they used to increase blackpink views with the people & blogs tag with EVERY video on babymonster channel, so this is the biggest fraudulent scheme on youtube history I think, shameless company.

• BP success with YouTube has kind of made YG obssessed with those YT numbers I guess, he is trying to replicate that no matter what the cost maybe?

BM still gets decent views without them ads so I really think it's just insecurity at play :iconpepe:

• nope nope i wont listen to this. say whatever you want, baemon may not be doing well on other streaming but they dominate youtube and it's not even close. They may even have Njs beat on youtube. Not everything is payola

And not just their main channel videos, literally anything they release has high views or anything related to them. Sheesh soon to be the highest viewed Its Live in just a few months, beating out NJs Its Live thats been up for over a year. Every performance they do gets millions of views, every fancam, every reaction video, etc etc. No way all of that is YG. show some numbers or get outta here with this nonsense.

• nope nope i wont listen to this. say whatever you want, baemon may not be doing well on other streaming but they dominate youtube and it's not even close. They may even have Njs beat on youtube. Not everything is payola

And not just their main channel videos, literally anything they release has high views or anything related to them. Sheesh soon to be the highest viewed Its Live in just a few months, beating out NJs Its Live thats been up for over a year. Every performance they do gets millions of views, every fancam, every reaction video, etc etc. No way all of that is YG. show some numbers or get outta here with this nonsense.

70% of the views are fake

The best way to measure views ands avoid ad views after the first month or so. Clearly Baemon views is the best among GGS right now. NewJeans is not doing so hot on MV views, so i don't know why Baemon need to beat them.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So, the current active GG ranking go like this.

1. Baemon 2. Aespa and the rest in 3. There is no consistently beside Baemon and aespa so that I put everyone in 3rd.

Edited once, last by KangK ().

Bro you jumped before listening my breakdown, read it and there is no way you can still say the same. They have high views in everything because they use ads in most of their videos and the blackpink's people and blogs trick in ALL their videos

BP success with YouTube has kind of made YG obssessed with those YT numbers I guess, he is trying to replicate that no matter what the cost maybe?

BM still gets decent views without them ads so I really think it's just insecurity at play :iconpepe:

Spot on, they don't realize youtube views don't impress kpop fans as much as they did from 2018-2022 anymore

70% of the views are fake

More like 55%-60%

• Hmmm yea I just quickly peeked at the numbers. I was even going to say, even if 50% of the views are ads (which they appear to be lmao), baemon is still the best performing gg on youtube.

As for OPs actual question I surprisingly agree, it's pretty insane for YG to be putting this much into ads when it clearly isn't necessary, they'd still be doing good numbers. But it was the same for BP so I guess they he still cares about that

• Babymonster ads can run for months in their main music videos, they had ads with batter up until february. Funny thing aespa is the second girl group with more ads, although sm decrease a lot recently.

• Bro you jumped before listening my breakdown, read it and there is no way you can still say the same. They have high views in everything because they use ads in most of their videos and the blackpink's people and blogs trick in ALL their videos

okay ill agree YG uses an insane amount of ads but that wasn't exactly a secret and even with the ad views taken out babymonster is far outperforming the top 4th gen groups on YT. Their pre-release has half as many real views as supernova, in 12 days. So babymonster owns youtube regardless of ads and I just wanted to make that clear.

• Babymonster ads can run for months in their main music videos, they had ads with batter up until february. Funny thing aespa is the second girl group with more ads, although sm decrease a lot recently.

It really doesnt matter. These 2 group daily Mv views is consistently charting better than all the active GGs. Just ignore everything and look at this daily chart and tell me which GG doing better than Baemon and aespa.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you Want to skeptical about views without ad. Look at these 2 groups comeback stage views, they are clearly ahead all the active GGs.

• Hit the submit button by mistake :pepe-shoooketh: , is already up

Thanks.

See they still pull decent numbers compared to their peers even without ads but YGE cant help it. They are better off using that money in other marketing tactics to increase their reach (like Spotify/Tiktok/Variety/YouTube shows).

• okay prove it

In the case of Sheesh, 55% are from ads. Then there's bot views, which there's no hard data from Youtube for obvious reasons, but an estimate says web bot traffic can be as high as 24% for "malicious bots" and 13% for "good bots".

Known Ad-Promoted K-Pop MVs
    List of K-Pop Music Videos with Ad promoted (non-organic) views
    kpop.daisuki.com.br

How Many Bots Are On The Internet? What Percentage of Users Are Bots?
    Dive into the world of internet bots and find out what percentage of internet users are actually robots and their impact on the web.
    lunio.ai

• Okay some of these stats are insane. Twice and Itzy have both released at least 13 CB's/singles since the dates mentioned yet combined, JYP hasn't out-bought YG on the ads they've spent on BM in 8 months.

Thank the lord YG doesn't have trainee debt because can you imagine being $55 mill in debt because your company is overspending on ads?

• In the case of Sheesh, 55% are from ads. Then there's bot views, which there's no hard data from Youtube for obvious reasons, but an estimate says web bot traffic can be as high as 24% for "malicious bots" and 13% for "good bots".

https://kpop.daisuki.com.br/en/promoted_mvs.html?aid=5229

https://lunio.ai/blog/ad-fraud…ternets-users-are-robots/

Are they the same thing as stream farms? Or that's another pandora box?

• That's the more professional version of botting

So that would be another thing to account for in any music streams/views? :holding-back-tears:

I saw a video on western labels using stream farms etc and I was really surprised how fake the views/streams can be. Now add bots, pay4play radio/spotify streams and ad views on top of it ._.

I used to think albums would be a good metric but that can be manipulated with bulk buy etc as well. I guess concert attendance are the least affected metric now?

• Twice core

You loser can keep crying and lying as much as you want about it, not only twice music videos until what is love never used ads, aka their most streamed videos have 100% organic views but sm used ads for flop don't fight the feeling and it barely made it into 100M so cope as you want, exo have low views because they are simply flops on youtube, exo will always be below twice

Screenshot Known Ad-Promoted K-Pop MVs - Music Videos ARE advertisements.png

• YG is actually smart. They offset the ad views cost by tagging their music videos "people & blogs" which pays them more. But my question to you randkpopstan is if it debuted on YouTube Global Daily? YouTube introduced this to combat bot/ad views.

• So that would be another thing to account for in any music streams/views? :holding-back-tears:

I saw a video on western labels using stream farms etc and I was really surprised how fake the views/streams can be. Now add bots, pay4play radio/spotify streams and ad views on top of it ._.

I used to think albums would be a good metric but that can be manipulated with bulk buy etc as well. I guess concert attendance are the least affected metric now?

Big time. I remember YG went ham with the bot farms for iKon when they debuted and everyone noticed. Now look at iKon. I don't know where they went

• And It's not even necessary. Babymonster would have higher views than most active K-pop groups even If they used 0 ads.

I don't think so, half their views are from ads, and their real views are boosted by the people and blogs trick, we could be talking if yg played fairly for once half of their organic views will be gone, at least.

Yeah, insane payola, but nobody cares since YG is irrelevant.

:pepe-shrug:

YG's girl crush privilege, as long as they serve in their comebacks kpop stans can overlook anything a yg group does.

okay ill agree YG uses an insane amount of ads but that wasn't exactly a secret and even with the ad views taken out babymonster is far outperforming the top 4th gen groups on YT. Their pre-release has half as many real views as supernova, in 12 days. So babymonster owns youtube regardless of ads and I just wanted to make that clear.

Babymonster also uses the people and blogs trick, they get way less filter of views from youtube and with just watching 3 seconds your view counts meanwhile the rest of kpop groups that correctly put their videos in the music tag get a brutal filtering and need to watch 30 seconds to count the view. Babymonster views is the biggest lie on kpop after newjeans spotify streams.

Did it debut on YouTube Global Daily?

Yes but their position there is always lower that the views in the counter, like they could easily be getting the highest counted views but be below top 30 on youtube charts

Okay some of these stats are insane. Twice and Itzy have both released at least 13 CB's/singles since the dates mentioned yet combined, JYP hasn't out-bought YG on the ads they've spent on BM in 8 months.

Thank the lord YG doesn't have trainee debt because can you imagine being $55 mill in debt because your company is overspending on ads?

Started to sweet profusely because I never thought about this for other kpop acts, thankfully groups from small company rarely go overboard with this, so I hope the debt isn't that big.

• Started to sweet profusely because I never thought about this for other kpop acts, thankfully groups from small company rarely go overboard with this, so I hope the debt isn't that big.

Luckily! But considering the training debt normally includes debut prep, I wonder if YG doesn't charge for training but will charge for the actual debut and promotions? Kind of like MLD did with momoland, charging them for the debut TV show. I hope not but its something to keep in mind.

• YG is actually smart. They offset the ad views cost by tagging their music videos "people & blogs" which pays them more. But my question to you randkpopstan is if it debuted on YouTube Global Daily? YouTube introduced this to combat bot/ad views.

They are for sure the sneakiest company, they do this so purposely that after some time they change the people and blogs tag to music to pretend this never happened, the fact lisa did exactly this even outside yg tells you how well it works and spread is in yg groups culture.

Yes they debut on youtube daily but the difference on positions is brutal, look at this difference, on kworb babymonster is one of the most watched videos, even above lisa

Screenshot 2024-07 Today's Most Viewed Music Videos on YouTube.png

but they are free falling on youtube

Screenshot 2024 YouTube music charts Global Daily Top Music Videos.png

• That is heavy filtering :skull: kworb just shows counter views/raw stats and they should have been #5 but on youtube they are at #35

YouTube Music Charts
    Top Songs, Artists, Videos on YouTube.
    charts.youtube.com

• So that would be another thing to account for in any music streams/views? :holding-back-tears:

Mostly but It depends honestly. Sometimes they limit the amount of tickets up for sale to say its sold out (apparently YG did this loads for BP during their first world tour), some can cut down ticket prices really low and depending on the area, I've heard of concert promoters literally giving away tickets outside venues (check out this thread which has a bit more info https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop_…a_seems_really_desperate/)

• YG is actually smart. They offset the ad views cost by tagging their music videos "people & blogs" which pays them more.

Actually, no, YG is dumb as hell! Trust me, they don't even got the money back what they spent on Ads. Doesn't matter which category they use.

"On average, YouTube advertising costs $0.11 - $0.50 per view or action, with businesses typically setting a daily budget of $10."

And this is what you get from YT!

pasted-from-clipboard.png

This whole ad views for articles. It's literally throwing money out of the window for zero reason, because they don't win anything. More views can help them win Music Show Awards or popularity Awards on MAMA or MMA like Jisoo did it with FLOWER.

But do people think this is a good thing? You have a talented group, you want to make them an Award winner group because they have 200M views? No one in this industry will take them seriously, and it's already showing, btw. That's why they're flopping with FOREVER.

They have massive numbers on YT even without ads, YG should spend these billions on real PR and hiring real producers and writers.

Just look at Kiss of Life, or back in the days, Sistar, Mamamoo or Gidle. They proved that you only need good songs and approachable members to be successful.

• Babymonster also uses the people and blogs trick, they get way less filter of views from youtube and with just watching 3 seconds your view counts meanwhile the rest of kpop groups that correctly put their videos in the music tag get a brutal filtering and need to watch 30 seconds to count the view. Babymonster views is the biggest lie on kpop after newjeans spotify streams.

I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with you on speculative nonsense. If we wanna go by the legit numbers you posted, then I'll agree that yes 55-60% of the views are a "lie", it doesn't matter if those views were from 3 or 30 seconds. But even without those views they body every other group.

And I don't see how anything else you mentioned explains why any content related to them is often among the highest viewed content on those respective channels (performances and reactions). You can literally be a no name youtuber with 100 views on every vid but if you post a babymonster/BP reaction itll get thousands of views. Let's not even get into their pre-debut content (48m on Aheyons Dangerously Cover, 100s of millions of views across their all pre debut content, etc). Even if we take the same 55-60% away from those, no group can even come close.

So yes their youtube numbers are quite inflated but even so they are massively popular on there with or without ads. This is not my opinion, it's quite literally a fact based off the numbers you've posted.

• Mostly but It depends honestly. Sometimes they limit the amount of tickets up for sale to say its sold out (apparently YG did this loads for BP during their first world tour), some can cut down ticket prices really low and depending on the area, I've heard of concert promoters literally giving away tickets outside venues (check out this thread which has a bit more info https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop_…a_seems_really_desperate/)

"apparently YG did this loads for BP during their first world tour" They didnt btw

• Luckily! But considering the training debt normally includes debut prep, I wonder if YG doesn't charge for training but will charge for the actual debut and promotions? Kind of like MLD did with momoland, charging them for the debut TV show. I hope not but its something to keep in mind.

I think big 4 use the revenue from their sales to cost all those things (also from the money other more successful groups make). But there are cases we need to start worrying already like badvillain, just in 2 music videos they have at least $1.3M spent, that's with the lowest price.

• I don't think so, half their views are from ads, and their real views are boosted by the people and blogs trick, we could be talking if yg played fairly for once half of their organic views will be gone, at least

They have the 7th highest amount of subscribers by a female group even though they only started to post content last year.

Also, 'Sheesh' alone has 3.8 million likes what is more than great for a group with nearly 120M real views in 3 months. Apart from the overwhelming amount of ads, I don't think there's any relevant trick.

HUNTER X HUNTER COMEBACK 10.07!

img.gif

• This thread contains 111 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!