It's time to stop acting like BTS and BP are equals in the West

• Seriously, Blinks, stop it. It's getting embarrassing at this point. Any time I peruse reddit or here or twitter, I keep seeing Blinks casually pairing BTS and BP together, as if they're both on the same level here in the states.

That's cap and you know it.

BTS have gotten multiple #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. BLACKPINK never will

BTS have multiple members, Jungkook and Jimin, who got #1 songs on the Hot 100. JK even debuted at #1.

The most popular BP member, Lisa, just debuted in the 70s.

BP has roughly 13 billion total streams on Spotify

BTS passed 39 billion a couple months ago.

It's not "BTS and BP"; it's just BTS.

And all the accomplishments BP had on Spotify and Billboard? Already matched or exceeded by both NewJeans and Cupid. The bar BP set wasn't unreachable. BTS's probably is.

tl;dr BTS speaking on BP: They not like us

That concludes my rant. Have a good day.

• I hope non blinks forget BP :pepe-pray: and BP, congrats for everything you achieved and will now achieve as soloists! A growth each era is better than to peak on the debut year!

Congrats congrats! :flirt-pepe2:

𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕒 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝔹𝕃𝔸ℂ𝕂ℙ𝕀ℕ𝕂

• BP still has tons of spotify and billboard achievements that have not been touched by cupid nor newjeans, even when excluding the various "firsts" they have that by definition won't ever be taken away. From highest peak on the Hot 100 for a girl group, to the most streamed week for a girl group/song on spotify, peak on the spotify global chart, global weekly chart etc. Claiming NJ and Cupid took those away are quite the exaggeration when most still remain.

• My reaction when you do threads about NJ, BP and Twice! :exit-pepe:

People run and hide from the truth all time throughout human history. Just remember that Flat Earthers were the majority opinion once upon a time.

BP still has tons of spotify and billboard achievements that have not been touched by cupid nor newjeans, even when excluding the various "firsts" they have that by definition won't ever be taken away. From highest peak on the Hot 100 for a girl group, to the most streamed week for a girl group/song on spotify, peak on the spotify global chart, global weekly chart etc. Claiming NJ and Cupid took those away are quite the exaggeration when most still remain.

No, they don't. Peak is cool, but it's irrelevant compared to the longevity of Cupid. And Super Shy lasted longer on the Hot 100 than any BP song not carried by Selena Gomez.

Most streamed week is cool, but NewJeans has the biggest second week of sales in BB 200 history and tied BP for most weeks on the BB 200, while also securing the second biggest year of streaming in Spotify history. BP is barely fending them off or has already been surpassed in several metrics and records.

They're clearly not untouchable, since a rookie group already put hands on most of their records.

But you know what's even more clear? The fact they're nowhere near BTS. BP is much closer to NJ than they are to BTS, and their fans need to stop pretending otherwise.

There are levels to this.

• I think it makes sense to mention BP not because of some alleged competition w/BTS but because they are the most popular GG when speaking about kpop it doesn't adequately represent the genre to just mention a boygroup since both BGs and GGs are signifigant yet very different components of the genres. Like two diff worlds really.

🍒 Chee~eer~ish 🍒

giphy.gif

• No kpop group has been close BTS. They are very dominant in every metric, definitely seem unreachable.

BP are still the 2nd most known kpop group though, even if they're not close to BTS or unreachable. But depending on the context yeah it can come across as disingenuous pairing them together.

38bf99de07f69029b8d303b7838cf4d934ce700c.gifv              a824a0703f0c41f2b675f07de8c8bd39873a05e3.gifv              883024cf4ebc88c6ad23227ca5cf52b7bcfe6620.gifv

• I'm just saying what everyone else is afraid to speak on.

People need to stop pairing these groups together. I wouldn't even want that were I a fan.

It's giving leech energy.

Lame and simping for Armys at a time like this :meme-point-bait:

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• I'm just saying what everyone else is afraid to speak on.

People need to stop pairing these groups together. I wouldn't even want that were I a fan.

It's giving leech energy.

Lame and simping for Armys at a time like this :meme-point-bait:

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• I think it makes sense to mention BP not because of some alleged competition w/BTS but because they are the most popular GG when speaking about kpop it doesn't adequately represent the genre to just mention a boygroup since both BGs and GGs are signifigant yet very different components of the genres. Like two diff worlds really.

I agree, if the context is that both groups had success growing their names in the West and accomplishing new milestones for boy groups and girl groups respectively. It should end there, but it usually ddoesn't. And I see Blinks oftentimes using that as an excuse to put the two groups on the same level of fame in the West. I've even seen them argue BP is MORE popular based on their tour.

I just feel like a reality check is needed.

Nobody is as popular as BTS, and nobody comes close, including BP.

• Even as a BP stan I've actually been having this same thought recently, especially because of other threads on here where the topic is brought up. I won't accept the "BTS paved the way for BP" as a means of discrediting everything BP has accomplished, but to put them together internationally is definitely a stretch. I mean, just look at the spotify numbers, they have nearly 4x as many cumulative streams, ranking #14 in the WORLD.

BP is absolutely massive in the world of kpop, but BTS is just massive in the world of music/pop. It's really not the same.

for funsies, i leave yall with this

bts_vs_bp.png

• Literally just responding to your statement "And all the accomplishments BP had on Spotify and Billboard? Already matched or exceeded by both NewJeans and Cupid."

Yes Newjeans has some records, but saying "all" when it is clearly far from the case is hyperbole; Even gave you examples that show it is not entirely the case. That's it. I wasn't responding to anything else in your post, considering I agree with the rest of it.

• Literally just responding to your statement "And all the accomplishments BP had on Spotify and Billboard? Already matched or exceeded by both NewJeans and Cupid."

Yes Newjeans has some records, but saying "all" when it is clearly far from the case is hyperbole; Even gave you examples that show it is not entirely the case. That's it. I wasn't responding to anything else in your post, considering I agree with the rest of it.

The most significant achievements are all I care about. Not who had the most streams for a week in a leap year during a solar eclipse.

Most weeks on the Hot 100

Most Spotify streams

Billboard 200 peak

Billboard 200 longevity

Those things. The fact is that Cupid is the biggest girl group song in Billboard history, and Super Shy matches what any other BP song accomplished.

Even if you favor BP, NJ is breathing down their necks.

Nobody is closing in on BTS any time soon

• The most streamed day and week for any girl group of all time on Spotify is a pretty big achievement no matter how you try to word it.

Super Shy did not match every thing that a BP song accomplished, some yes, others no.

Regardless, even your own words here go against the wording in your post. I don't know why you exaggerate your statements in the first post of your threads to then contradict them unless it's to spark engagement.

I never said I disagree with your BTS statement, since I said I agree with everything else.

• BTS and BP are not.

But no other girl group namely groups like new jeans and twice come remotely close to the relevance BP has for overall global popularity.

When people say BTS and BP they mean no BG comes close to BTS and no GG comes close to BP.

I don't think it's fair to mention NewJeans, they're only in their 2nd year and BP needed like 3-4 years to became massive in the west.

• The most streamed day and week for any girl group of all time on Spotify is a pretty big achievement no matter how you try to word

You're talking about days and weeks while I'm talking about YEARS and GUINNESS RECORDS

We are not the same, my friend.

Super Shy did not match every thing that a BP song accomplished, some yes, others no.

It accomplished more than any BP song not carried by Selena Gomez, and it's the most critically acclaimed girl group song of all time and that's no hyperbole.

The point is that many of BP's achievements in the West have already been claimed and at least grazed by what was a rookie girl group at the time, and a likely one hit wonder group has the biggest girl group song in Billboard history.

• BTS and BP are not.

But no other girl group namely groups like new jeans and twice come remotely close to the relevance BP has for overall global popularity.

When people say BTS and BP they mean no BG comes close to BTS and no GG comes close to BP.

That's wrong. NewJeans literally does.

They're more popular in Korea. They're vastly more popular in Japan. They're chasing them down in the U.S., and they have a higher global rank on Spotify.

That's literally close to BP.

Like I said earlier, BP is much closer to NJ than they are to BTS and that's facts.

• You are on a roll with these bait threads. Too bad the Blink population on AKP isn't what it used to be, this would have easily reached 5 maybe 10 pages a few years ago before the purge

I exhausted the remaining Blinks by the end of 2023, with their most obsessed stan crying to the mods about me and begging me to stop quoting them while they left passive aggressive comments clearly directed at me.

Those toxic frontrunners won't be missed.

:meme-mmm-tea:

• Are you trying to come out of the closet as an army on army day? Time to ditch NJ and join the borahae squad although I don't like male gg stans much tbh

Absolutely not. We're eternal enemies now after the MHJ/HYBE war that's still going actually.

But I won't let my personal grudges compromise my objectivity.

BG will always be bigger than GG because kpop's main audience is young girls.

GG have to rely on creepy old uncles.

SNSD happened. You know that right?

• Absolutely not. We're eternal enemies now after the MHJ/HYBE war that's still going actually.

But I won't let my personal grudges compromise my objectivity.

SNSD happened. You know that right?

yea and a lot of their fans were creepy old dudes I saw them live various times.

• This thread contains 158 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!