Almost 6 years later and JYP still doesn't know what to do with Twice

• Surprise, surprise but then again, what would you expect from a record label that is notoriously gun shy when it comes to their hottest groups building momentum?

Most groups in K Pop either come off as contrived, forced and/ or ARE charisma vacuums but with Twice, what you see is what you get.

And for whatever it's worth, probably not a lot, as someone who had a brief run in the music business, I can tell you that is saying a whole hell of a lot.

I pretty much get the same vibe from Twice that I do from BTS when it comes to charisma and "IT" factor. Unfortunately, JYP has YET to tap into "IT."

What is "IT"? How do you define "IT"?

Well, whatever the case maybe, JYP doesn't know what to do with "IT".

(PS: Please don't complain that you don't want to read an essay. I have yet to block someone on here and I don't want to start. I'm in some kind of mood right now.

Over the year that I've been here, I've had to read some pretty ridiculous shit, both in short and long form. You can spare a couple minutes. I have at least that much faith in your country's education system.)

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• JYP rn

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I heard JYP is busy debuting like 3 groups this year or something.

I heard 4. Meanwhile, Itzy, IMO, has no direction, Stray Kids seem to be doing almost everything by themselves and then we all know about Got7, who by the way, had this solo artist named Jackson Wang?

Having Jackson Wang in your boy group and NOT succeeding is like having Kawhi Leonard on your basketball team and you still can't make the playoffs.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• Loud this year. Chinese BG also this year

American GG show next year( think) and i think JYPNGG is coming next year to replace twice

I am interested in that American GG but everything else sounds like a rush to failure, especially since I feel that Stray Kids has built some momentum. Why not use those assets to help Stray Kids instead?

• Honestly JYPE’s lack of competency stems from their greed to keep on debuting new groups and tap into different markets.

4 groups in the next year?? Why not focus on building your biggest money-maker Twice so they can keep growing rather than just leaving them be? We all know that Itzy’s best step would’ve been the Japanese market but JYP is on a mission to right the wrongs of Wonder Girls trying to break into America. NiziU is great, but rather than making a group in the exact same region as an existing group, Twice, and essentially making them direct competitors, why not build elsewhere??

• JYP just keep getting debuting new groups, then just let them getting handle by their respective division. I'm not surprised if after the TWICE contract ended, some members or all of them will not extend their contract. Is there any JYP group that lasts more than 7 years and still stays at JYP? No.

Feels bad for DAY6

• I heard 4. Meanwhile, Itzy, IMO, has no direction, Stray Kids seem to be doing almost everything by themselves and then we all know about Got7, who by the way, had this solo artist named Jackson Wang?

Having Jackson Wang in your boy group and NOT succeeding is like having Kawhi Leonard on your basketball team and you still can't make the playoffs.

I think Itzy and Stray Kids will be fine

But it seems JYP is debuting alot in a short period of time, I wouldn't be surprised if one gets halted or delayed.

• honestly it's hard to name other group which for 5 releases had 4 quality bops :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Honestly JYPE’s lack of competency stems from their greed to keep on debuting new groups and tap into different markets.

4 groups in the next year?? Why not focus on building your biggest money-maker Twice so they can keep growing rather than just leaving them be? We all know that Itzy’s best step would’ve been the Japanese market but JYP is on a mission to right the wrongs of Wonder Girls trying to break into America. NiziU is great, but rather than making a group in the exact same region as an existing group, Twice, and essentially making them direct competitors, why not build elsewhere??

The irony is that the Wonder Girls were making strides in America before JYP gave up. They were about to extend their North America tour before JYP pulled the plug.

You ABSOLUTELY do not add another leg to your tour unless there is interest, and Wonder Girls had a buzz among many industry insiders in the United States, including Akon.

• Feels bad for DAY6

#JusticeForDay6

Seriously though like JYPE don't actually even contribute to the music production process of Day6 because they write all their stuff themselves and work with a few producers (there is this 1 main producer which they work closely with in all their songs).

The only thing JYPE does for Day6 music is choosing 6 - 10 songs to put on the album, out of the 20 - 30 songs that they submit to the judging panel.

And promotions which we all know how that is going although at least these few months we have more content I guess with Dowoon's clogs and Young K's covers. But it's like other fansite or twitter accounts posts and updates Day6 activities even faster than Day6 official account itself.

Day6 don't even need JYPE for music, they only need them for promotions. And unlike other groups it's not like Day6 tag along JYPE with their 'Big 3 Privilege' you rarely or never ever see anyone say Day6 has Big 3 privilege

• Jyp has moved on from twice i feel. They want the new groups to step it up. The stepping stone is twice. Twice got jyp to this position but now they don't need them aside from money.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• Jyp has moved on from twice i feel. They want the new groups to step it up. The stepping stone is twice. Twice got jyp to this position but now they don't need them aside from money.

Loud this year. Chinese BG also this year

American GG show next year( think) and i think JYPNGG is coming next year to replace twice

They say that every year even before Itzy and NiziU debut yet Twice comeback 5 times a year on both 2019 & 2020

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• I was discussing this on another forum recently (something funny about Juan's forum being a banned word) and I also think Twice are stuck in no-mans land. Will just copy my post from there about Twice/JYPE but to put it succinctly they are lacking incentive until renewals happen.

If you want to read a mini essay

• I actually read all those u wrote and i Agree to most points. I strongly disagree when peopke say JYP is the best company because obviously they are so selfish and has been milking onces in a very scary way. 5-6 releases a year.

I really can feel it when u said JYP is using profit generated by Twice and invest in newer groups like Stray kids and ITZY. It is just so obvious. At this juncture, twice is like the cash cow that JYP want to milk as much

• They say that every year even before Itzy and NiziU debut yet Twice comeback 5 times a year on both 2019 & 2020

External Content youtu.be

On 26th Jul 2018 JYP promised Itzy's debut, japanese girl group and others to follow after. However since that day, Twice still manage 10 comebacks without counting repackage and Kura Kura:

Yes or Yes

The Best Thing I ever Did

Fancy

Happy Happy / Breakthrough

Feel Special

Fake & True

Fanfare

M&M

Better

ICSM

Shelving Twice for other groups? I dont see that at all and just after Got7 just left the company? Where are they even going to get their income from?

• They say that every year even before Itzy and NiziU debut yet Twice comeback 5 times a year on both 2019 & 2020

Exactly. Twice is their biggest cash cow. Like I mentioned it's Twice's biggest purpose in jyp atm. They'll be milked till the end. Coming back 5 times a year is just being overworked. Jyp cares more for the newer groups and Twice is used for it. Where is the solo promo for a group reaching 6 years?

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• Exactly. Twice is their biggest cash cow. Like I mentioned it's Twice's biggest purpose in jyp atm. They'll be milked till the end. Coming back 5 times a year is just being overworked. Jyp cares more for the newer groups and Twice is used for it. Where is the solo promo for a group reaching 6 years?

Overworked? No, they arent. They are hard working for sure. 5 times a year is not a lot with proper schedule. Sometimes they sort it out pretty well but the other times, they werent.

Solo promo is coming soon, I know it should be earlier but Twice themselves are not in rush, it is just demand from fans and I totally understand them.

Edited once, last by Armedryu ().

• I keep saying, Day6 should sign with a Japanese record label. Is there a chance that they could get lost in the mix? Perhaps.

One thing I know for sure, is they'll get way more gigs in Japan and their prior experience in the K Pop genre will give them a leg up on the competition IMO.

• I keep saying, Day6 should sign with a Japanese record label. Is there a chance that they could get lost in the mix? Perhaps.

One thing I know for sure, is they'll get way more gigs in Japan and their prior experience in the K Pop genre will give them a leg up on the competition IMO.

U want day6 to ditch Korea and move into Japanese market? Interesting. Why tho?

I hope this isn't true but I could see it happening, unfortunately.

• This thread contains 83 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!