One thing I really like about SM

• they keep their older acts active and give them comebacks and promotions even if they are not at their prime or profitable anymore, unlike HYBE which would put you in dungeon if you didn't sell the suitable amount of albums or not successful enough. Or Yg which would outright dispose you off while debuting new group.

That's probably why SM has most amount of legendary acts still promoting in kpop industry.

Tbh seeing the post of formis-9 member made me think that what would happen to txt, enhyphen, lesserafim when they are not at their prime anymore. Would hybe put them in dungeon too.

And the amount of new groups they keep on debuting every year, it just takes the spotlight away from older groups

• I think they have a brand reputation to take care of and their acts are generally really good singers so it's not a dead end for them if they get few wrinkles.

• They also do not set up their artists against each other as rivals to compete

this too, HYBE management is just full of greedy basta**s . Not that other companies don't think about profit, but they still manage to take care of their groups and prioritise their artistry to some extent, while hybe is just all in shady business like NFT, crypto, and AI (on which they spend like 45 billion won). I wouldn't have problem with their side business adventures if they hadn't used their groups to promote these things. Like NFT for bts, and now they are dubbing txt to do by using AI which makes it so weird like which fan would want to hear these AI voices over their idol faces. It feels creepy as hell.

• i think its different bec fromis 9 was not created by hybe. they have no control over their musical direction like svt. it’s purely pledis. for big hit, belift and source, they have same pds and many ips like webtoon connected to hybe and artists. in addition, wtv u say , hybe pays their artists well more than sm. thats why ul find more sm artists leaving or unsatisfied with sm mgt. since hybe/bighit just started with bts , it is yet remain to be seen how well they will end up. But their biggest advantage is that they have bigger global audience and source of profit - concerts, merchs sales, global endorsements, wider ips like webtoon etc. it is not limited to sk or east asia.

• yg and sm are old school kpop while hybe revolutionize kpop to be more global. jyp is in between. even kakao us trying to enter us market now bec ch market is going down for kpop. i think old kpoppies are just use to old system. hybe is trying to be more future-oriented . trying to get a piece of market share globally. its actually a good srategy, imagine if ur only market is sk , jp and ch and we all know they are the most toxic esp ch and sk. and sk gp is dwindling with their population declining 😂.

• Hybe is new, but they're already facing creative block. Pre-Hybe, their groups were distinct from each other. I know BSH understands that you shouldn't create another version of your biggest group while they're still on top, which is why txt came out totally different from Bts. Same goes to En-.

After Newjeans, all their new groups are adopting the same style: fresh, youthful, cheerful, a bit quirky, and cute concept and songs. While this type of concept sells now, how sustainable will it be in the future if everyone new in that company is doing almost the same thing? Because at some point, all of these groups will need to mature their sounds. The transition is not easy to accept. And if in the future their new group suddenly create a new trend and getting successful with a certain concept, they will also keep producing another dupe for that group until the trend change. Hybe is like a fast food now. It will just create unnecessary competition with themselves and minimise the support and hype that their group should get.

It take Yg 7 years before debuting BM, so even if they're using the same concept with Bp it didn't really bother many people. Snsd, Fx, Rv and Aespa are all different, same goes with Twice, Itzy and Nmixx. In conclusion, I don't understand why Hybe behave like this.

• I think they have a brand reputation to take care of and their acts are generally really good singers so it's not a dead end for them if they get few wrinkles.

Most people do not develop wrinkles until they are 45 years old. If you have good genetics, most people start wrinkling after 45. But since Koreans have a lot of care and plastic surgery, most of them age late anyway. Also, why should there be no place for older people in the industry? They need to break that perception. The obsession with young age and looking extremely young in the Kpop industry seems wrong to me. Every age definitely has its own beauty.

Of course, SM is better in this regard, but they don't promote as much as they used to. :thumbup:

• I like how SM employees are very loyal lol. SM must have injected some drugs to make them pink blood.

I think the loyalty comes from the satisfaction and pride of what they take part in creating. SM idols are very talented and very loved for decades. Who wouldn't be proud to be part of that?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Most people do not develop wrinkles until they are 45 years old. If you have good genetics, most people start wrinkling after 45. But since Koreans have a lot of care and plastic surgery, most of them age late anyway. Also, why should there be no place for older people in the industry? They need to break that perception. The obsession with young age and looking extremely young in the Kpop industry seems wrong to me. Every age definitely has its own beauty.

Of course, SM is better in this regard, but they don't promote as much as they used to. :thumbup:

Okay okay, but i wasn't saying anything negative about age or something, wrinkles was a metaphor to say the group is old, it has completely nothing to do with actually wrinkles or plastic surgeries.

My initial perception of kpop is a community with lot of young artists and groups which disband after 5 years or so, I had no Ill intention here.

I genuinely didn't knew this would be taken as offensive, I have to stop using metaphorical statements.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!