Idk why is everyone surprised, "fake it till make it" has been Bighit's strategy since BTS

• Idc if armys come at me, I'll remind yall that 2014 BTS with no international breakthrough yet was casually selling 100k albums. By today's standards it might not seem big but if you check the same year, it was on par or more than what more popular groups B1A4, VIXX or BAP were selling :pepe-clown-walk:

• my God you people are insuffureable. :skull:

He is an old VIP, so its unsurprising he is here pulling this shit. Him and many like him have still not recovered from the wounds BTS dealt them with their success.

Big Hit on the verge of bankruptcy and about to disband BTS in 2015 due to said bankruptcy was indulging in "payola or sajaegi or fraudulence" as per some losers.

I am sure he and many of his co-fans would have participated in "Break the Wings" project, a systematic organised attack on BTS by Big 3 fandoms cause their immense success was driving them crazy.

The amount of bullying and hate BTS have received and continue to receive is unseen in Kpop and will never subside cause now they will use Hybe's groups success to make such overt or covert attacks on BTS. We all know the actual cause of hatred for Hybe groups for many of these old bitter Kpop fans is nothing but latent hate for BTS.

Nugu BTS who they cannot accuse of privilege, they will now accuse of sajaegi.

• Probably not worth a response, but as I don't get to post on this forum about BTS that often anymore I'll just do it anyway for my personal enjoyment lol.

BTS hardly were casually selling 100k albums in 2014. Their first album release Skool Luv Affair did 50k that year and the follow up album Dark and Wild ended the year with 100k. Considering that Boy in Luv found its crowd in Korea at that time it's logical that the next album would profit from it. BTS albums sales in 2014 were actually quite similar to GOT7's sales that year which was their debut year. GOT7's debut album Identify ended the year with 70k sales and only had 1.5 months of tracking, as opposed to Dark and Wild which had 4 months. Did they fake it till they make it as well? Just sill

In general through you can't really make the link between album sales back then and international popularity as the vast majority of sales were still coming from Korea.

• Is this the jealous VIP in you making a comeback?

Yes :pepe-flirt:

Big Hit on the verge of bankruptcy and about to disband BTS in 2015 due to said bankruptcy was indulging in "payola or sajaegi or fraudulence" as per some losers.

Read this again and again and again, as many times as you'd like and then it'll hit you. Selling 100k and going bankrupt, why? :pepe-notes:

• Idc if armys come at me, I'll remind yall that 2014 BTS with no international breakthrough yet was casually selling 100k albums. By today's standards it might not seem big but if you check the same year, it was on par or more than what more popular groups B1A4, VIXX or BAP were selling :pepe-clown-walk:

????

B1A4 and Vixx both didn't have international breakthrough. They were squarely.Korean popular groups

I was there. The fuck are you on about?

• Yes :pepe-flirt:

Read this again and again and again, as many times as you'd like and then it'll hit you. Selling 100k and going bankrupt, why? :pepe-notes:

Are you daft? Selling 100k is enough to cover all costs of running a company and paying for the expenses of managing a group and its repeated comebacks and all staff salaries? You really are a clown but I mean the whole forum knows that for years now, so not worth wasting time arguing with you.

• The minimum to break even in terms of costs from a project in album sales is 70k (minimum, not even the average)

People overestimate the monetary gain one would get from 100k sales, especially if it's not supplemented by other revenue sources

• The minimum to break even in terms of costs from a project in album sales is 70k (minimum, not even the average)

People overestimate the monetary gain one would get from 100k sales, especially if it's not supplemented by other revenue sources

Its not people, its low IQ foolish trolls in particular on here who do not understand basic finance and talk outta their ass.

• ????

B1A4 and Vixx both didn't have international breakthrough. They were squarely.Korean popular groups

I was there. The fuck are you on about?

Didn't say they did?

Are you daft? Selling 100k is enough to cover all costs of running a company and paying for the expenses of managing a group and its repeated comebacks and all staff salaries? You really are a clown but I mean the whole forum knows that for years now, so not worth wasting time arguing with you.

Dude, we are talking about times when selling 60-70k was enough for groups to be considered big and rich, wtf are you talking about, it was more than enough.

Ever heard of inflation?

• Didn't say they did?

Dude, we are talking about times when selling 60-70k was enough for groups to be considered big and rich, wtf are you talking about, it was more than enough.

Groups to be considered big and rich, are you for real? Do you understand costs at all??? The revenue source in music a decade ago is not vastly different from what it is now, it has been majorly touring and merch. 60-70k sales is peanuts for a company struggling in its first few years year with massive costs. Have you any idea about how businesses work?? Pretty much next to none startups make profits in the the first few years cause the whole cost of setting up is so huge that they start seeing profits only after 2-3 years of significant revenue generation or even later.

Bang furthermore IIRC was also indebted and had to take loans to run the business, so he had additional costs he would have been incurring in the repayment of the loan.

• Now Dreamer, you're still pressed about BTS in the grand year of 2024 will never not be funny. I'm about to call your bullshit like the chartmy I am because ain't nothing about BTS' sales even by today's standard screamed "fake it till you make it" even after KCON 2014 propelled them a little onto the international stage they were not on par with BAP/B1A4/VIXX what type of bald-faced lie are you trying to pass off?

And no tf it was not on par with BAP/VIXX/B1A4. Until Boy In Luv happened, they were strictly performing like a low tier group. What BTS had that the other three didn't was a consistent growing international fanbase and a company not sabotaging their early rookie years with lawsuits.

BAP released five albums in their debut year (three singles albums and one mini album+repackaged)

3gT7oj1.png

yUPT2Ub.png

rWdKsGG.png

Xhd6N15.png

fQTdVQz.png

Debut Year= 125K

BIA4

yqHgPeD.png

VIXX

3yn2JuF.png

BTS

Bhsf94n.png

ceoTNuz.png

QRwY2bF.png

fFx02cs.png

ppQGGj3.png

EQETaKxU0AA8HlM?format=jpg&name=large

Trying to include them in this topic as if they didn't gradually go up from debut is tragic even for you.

• Groups to be considered big and rich, are you for real? Do you understand costs at all??? The revenue source in music a decade ago is not vastly different from what it is now, it has been majorly touring and merch. 60-70k sales is peanuts for a company struggling in its first few years year with massive costs. Have you any idea about how businesses work?? Pretty much next to none startups make profits in the the first few years cause the whole cost of setting up is so huge that they start seeing profits only after 2-3 years of significant revenue generation or even later.

Bang furthermore IIRC was also indebted and had to take loans to run the business, so he had additional costs he would have been incurring in the repayment of the loan.

Do you understand 2014 was 10 years ago?

Trying to include them in this topic as if they didn't gradually go up from debut is tragic even for you.

Please tell me how one goes from 30k to 100k without any major breakthrough

• You really did not have to end him like that bestie....I mean you just look at BTS' 1st day and 1st week and 1st month sales and it so screams sajaegi :cryingr:

There has never been a more organic Kpop group than BTS and how much ever bitter Kpoppies may try to diminish their literal rags to riches, genuine underdog story, they will never succeed and only end up looking like jealous losers. Period

• Do you understand 2014 was 10 years ago?

That's the thing your pressed ass don't understand. BOY IN LUV WAS THEIR BREAKTHROUGH. That song even tho it flopped on kcharts was their ticket onto the international scene. It is not my or anyone else's problem your bitter ass was only paying attention to BAP/VIXX/B1A4 to be making these ignorant ass comments.

Do you understand that common sense was the same in 2014, 10 years ago?? Businesses will not suddenly start making profits in their initial years just cause it was 10 years ago?? The principles of finance and running a business are the same today as it was a decade back.

• Why are armys so insecure 💀

Why would we be insecure when OP is still bitter over BTS after how many years?? All because they started to encroach on territory they deemed as Twice land was when the OP started being an insecure bitter loser about BTS still today.

• Why would we be insecure when OP is still bitter over BTS after how many years?? All because they started to encroach on territory they deemed as Twice land was when the OP started being an insecure bitter loser about BTS still today.

Its not just the Japan angle that makes him froth but him being an old VIP too always makes him pressed about BTS' success.

Can you not read charts or tables??? Where is the jump from 30k to 100k???

2 Cool 4 Skool did 24k in 2013

ORUL8 did 34k in 2013

Skool Luv Affair did 86k in 2014

Dark & Wild did 100k in 2014

It is 34k to 86k to 100k

EQETaKxU0AA8HlM?format=jpg&name=large

Also in early 2014, with Skool Luv Affair, BTS were already starting to make inroads internationally...so the contention in your OP is fallacious

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.09.14 PM.png

This was Dark and Wild later in the year

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.11.11 PM.png

Edited 3 times, last by paradis ().

• That's the thing your pressed ass don't understand. BOY IN LUV WAS THEIR BREAKTHROUGH. That song even tho it flopped on kcharts was their ticket onto the international scene. It is not my or anyone else's problem your bitter ass was only paying attention to BAP/VIXX/B1A4 to be making these ignorant ass comments.

Internationals weren't buying the fucking albums back then, otherwise all their favorite groups wouldn't flop and disband. All ifans could do at the time was simply watch. Go away with your army bs.

I am talking about year not album. In one year they went from selling 30k to 100k, even if you put 80k in between it is a huge jump that is hard to explain.

• Internationals weren't buying the fucking albums back then, otherwise all their favorite groups wouldn't flop and disband. All ifans could do at the time was simply watch. Go away with your army bs.

I am talking about year not album. In one year they went from selling 30k to 100k, even if you put 80k in between it is a huge jump that is hard to explain.

See the screenshots above, they were already starting to chart internationally and why is a rise from 30k to 86k to 100k anomalous? If anything it is but gradual for a group which was starting to make inroads in the international scene too. I know it is tough for you to comprehend but BTS do make fans at a very fast rate more than that of rest of Kpop, always have...but even this was a normal pace for them.

The only thing that is hard for you to understand as a VIP and a long time anti of BTS is why is it that it was BTS that grew its fandom so fast and not your faves. You will even find a normal pace of growth suspicious cause for you BTS' success is undeserved and cause you dislike how far they have reached beyond the grasp of Kpop.

• Internationals weren't buying the fucking albums back then, otherwise all their favorite groups wouldn't flop and disband. All ifans could do at the time was simply watch. Go away with your army bs.

You're a clown. GAON tracks international sales and shipments. There was once a time BTS was dragged for having more international fans and their hanteo-gaon gap. Vipers and Ls would know they tracked every bit of their international sales/charting and called them nugu for years for having no Korean charting or Korean fans. Stick to your annoying ass threads of you refusing to unstan Twice or Hybe girl groups. Move the fuck on from BTS. It's about time.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You're a clown. GAON tracks international sales and shipments. There was once a time BTS was dragged for having more international fans and their hanteo-gaon gap. Vipers and Ls would know they tracked every bit of their international sales/charting and called them nugu for years for having no Korean charting or Korean fans. Stick to your annoying ass threads of you refusing to unstan Twice or Hybe girl groups. Move the fuck on from BTS. It's about time.

I am truly amazed that he is claiming "Internationals weren't buying the fucking albums back then"...LMAOOOOO. BTS literally started charting on Billboard World Albums Chart with effin SLA and followed it up with Dark and Wild. Is he being intentionally stupid?

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.09.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.11.11 PM.png

• That clown emoji is so apt because you are actually a clown....

Talking about KCON 2014, VIXX and B1A4 were also at that KCON but didn't make any noise even though they were supposedly bigger than BTS lol...

BTS performances literally made all the other kpop acts look average. They were the most talked about artist only after Girls Generation amongst the lineup of GD, IU, CNBLUE, etc. And people still wonder why they were the ones to grow in the west...

Also '2 cool 4 skool' & 'O!RUL8,2?' selling 13k & 16k in 2014 shows that the fandom was continually growing in 2014 as well. So the jump 34k to 86k should not be surprising at all for people with common sense...

• I agree with Dreamer95. Keep exposing the seedy underbelly of the inorganic titans of the industry that continue to lower the standards we used to value.

What were we talking about again?

• This thread contains 45 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!