IVE make their much anticipated comeback on April 29. Will they keep their #1 hit streak alive though?

• Will IVE dethrone ILLIT from the top of the charts and keep their #1 hit streak alive? 49

1. Yes, the streak will live on (41) 84%
    2. No, the streak ends here (8) 16%

Mark your calendars. The second most popular girl group in Korea returns to the stage and the charts in a mere two weeks. Now if you're an "art before charts" person (unless conveniently your favs top said charts), exit now. This isn't the thread for you.

IVE is making their return right when the Korean charts are in an extremely interesting period. Fate secured GIDLE 's Perfect All Kill streak (4 in a row--what a flex). TWS's song is the most impressive song that will probably not hit #1 since Hype Boy. QWER is surging up the charts and looking like they're prime for a top 10 entry. Babymonster finally made it into the top 100 on the real time charts today! And ILLIT is getting Real Time All Kills and threatening to reach PAK status.

So that begs the question: Will IVE re-establish themselves as the second biggest digital superpower in Korea? Will this song perform like I Am or will it be another Baddie, which is already on a free fall down the daily charts?

And most interesting, and I can't believe I'm asking this already: Can IVE dethrone ILLIT, who are only gaining momentum and power each day.

POLL TIME

:meme-elmo-fire:

• NJ aren't really on the scale. Their only competition is their own standard and BlackPink.

But I'm not too sure about IVE in relation to what ILLIT is doing currently. That will be a tall task.

If they dethrone Magnetic, I'll be the first to give them their flowers.

And I'll have a narrative ready for that outcome :eyes:

• IVE were very fortunate to keep the streak going with Baddie tbh, one of the lowest listening/streaming PAK's across all channels. 260k or something? Laughable any other time.

Most of that is, luckily, to two factors that are fixable - poor song choice, and muddled promo roll out (2 pre-releases only works if the songs are absolute pearlers. Even NJ couldn't keep that up - look at ETA results).

So they've gone all in one a big title upon release and a follow-up, giving them 2 bites of the cherry. Basically the LSF strategy - and I think it's the smarter strategy. LSF have managed to get pretty middling songs to good results with that strategy. It makes sure you funnel first day listeners to your main song for the visibility- which in turn feeds more visibility and listeners. Pre-release can kill an entire comeback cycle if anything else is not locked on.

And the 2nd song is the added insurance. Let's all the 2-bit homers cope if the first song doesn't hit that their's a 2nd song coming. Win Win. Wonder if they'll go for an extended music show promo, switch mid stream depending on which one has the better results. Be interesting to watch it unfold.

So yeah, I think their strategy is far better this time around. The only drawback is them describing it as 'cvntquake' which is all sorts of cringe and side-eyeing, but their promo strategy is at least far more solid this time, and they'll debut higher. So I'd say a good chance to get a number 1.

• Well said and I agree on all points made here. I've expressed my thoughts on Baddie, free of any agenda and just looking at the objective performance of that song, which is already charting lower than the biggest hit songs from last spring/summer, but I can't do so without being accused of trying to bury IVE and then dance on their grave.

I think we can comfortably conclude that their attempt to replicate the NewJeans triple title track approach did not yield the results they were hoping for (EW and OTR plummeted out of the top 100 relative to their other songs), and the decision to go all in on their one title track was not a surprising one.

If their next song performs like Baddie, in the one market they've been, at best, the second most dominant group in, then that's officially a trend.

Like you? :pepe-toast:

:meme-sobbing:

• I do not recall Armys being such aholes to rival groups or this cocky and arrogant even during peak BTS dominance, with such instigatory threads...OP giving strong Hardy and toxic plastic Blonks vibe, ngl.

Will wait for 2 more years to see if OP remains on AKP or disappears like Hardy with their tail between their legs.

• I do not recall Armys being such aholes to rival groups or this cocky and arrogant even during peak BTS dominance, with such instigatory threads...OP giving strong Hardy and toxic plastic Blonks vibe, ngl.

Will wait for 2 more years to see if OP remains on AKP or disappears like Hardy with their tail between their legs.

hardy catching strays lmao

• Long story, users who have been on the forum for years will get what I mean

fair fair

to answer your question, the gg game has always been super close, its been this way for several years with the 4th gen ggs, plus BP/Twice chiming in, so the egos get huge and the bitterness builds up esp. with all the CBs they get

With BTS vs BP, I always got the sense when I came to AKP that BTS had already sped past BP and there wasn't much of a comparison anymore, plus BG vs GG is sometimes an apples vs oranges debate

Anyway, maybe i missed the worst of BP vs BTS, so I never got to see how toxic it got. Can't be much worse than rn i imagine

Edited once, last by KpopJop ().

• thats not official right

From the producers of the song themselves (at least we're led to believe they are the producers, but they definitely used the term, yes).

Their eligibility for 2 people who look like them even co-opting terms from the african american queer community I'll leave for more learned commenters. But on the surface it appears a bit suspect.

• To answer OP:

I love discographies, I like looking at them, thinking about them, and listening to them in order, because I love the narrative of a good artist. IVE's last CB was their 'experimental' era: triple TTs, girl crush, ballad TTs etc etc. History will tell you that artists with a lot of public goodwill (aka. IVE) often learn from their experimental phases then get BETTER. They consolidate their strengths and maybe learn a new trick or two.

IVE seem to be playing all their cards right, and they have the new confidence from touring. They'll do well

• Yes

Illit itself doesn't seem popular yet looking at the koreans forum, it feels like it's the song who's really popular

But IVE as the group is popular, they are currently in the situation of artist like nj/lsrf/aespa/gidle/iu/taeyeon

Who have build enough trust in them by the public that whatever they are releasing they are sure to get great result in the chart

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

oh and I forgot, back to Monday releases. They're consolidating their strengths for sure.

• All right, I'm home and had a chance to get caught up on some happenings.

paradis I don't care. Think what you want. You're almost as toxic and deranged as catzi, except you're less self aware somehow

To the rest, why do you take offense? We can't talk charts without your taking it personal? I said nothing wrong in the OP

IVE IS the second most popular girl group in Korea, and yet if their next single performs like Baddie, they will NOT take out Magnetic and their streak will end. That's my opinion and my vote.

It's not that deep either. Behind every song is data, and this is just a prediction using past data to inform us.

If this thread bothers you, you're just a salty success stan :meme-kek:

• You should also make a thread for NewJeans. Aren’t you at all worried about them? :pepe-smug: They’re going to get dragged real hard if they don’t do as well as or surpass their last comeback :cheer-bunny:

Unlike the insecure and spiteful GG stans here, mainly Catzi, some Once trolls and bored Blinks, I don't lose sleep over NJ not hitting some arbitrary benchmark.

I've seen many groups rise and fall, and I just enjoy the ride.

People hoping for my comeuppance through the failure of NewJeans will be very disappointed with my response :pepe-smug:

• This thread contains 234 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!