They are the greatest Kpop vocal girl groups and nobody can change my mind

• These groups actually focus on vocals, it's their main strenght or at least one of them and each member could receive worthy praise if you asked them to sing you a song out of the blue.

1. Big Mama

They debuted in 2003 under YG Entertainment (yes) and they are maybe the vocal standard for girl groups. They were active until 2012 but they had a revival around 2021. All the vocal groups listed in this thread impress me but Big Mama are something else.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2. CSJH The Grace

They debuted in 2005 and they are nothing more than SM best vocal girl group. They never quite made it but they were not complete nugus. I always come back to their acapella moments in particular their Can't Help Falling In Love cover.

3. Brown Eyed Girls

They debuted in 2006 and became a solid mid-tier group. They often produced their own songs and JeA is still a songwriter for others groups or OST. You know that you were up for a great start when JeA selected the members herself. Thye only had to train for three months and Gain released a ballad album before officially debuting with the group. They are kinda the most idol-like group of the list so far but a lot of their songs are empowering and challenge conventions.

4. SeeYa

They debuted in 2006 and were a sympathetic vocal trio. All the members left the group and were replaced in 2012 by a new generation called The SeeYa who were also talented.

5. Spica

Now let's talk about 2,5 or third generation groups with Spica who debuted in 2012. They are my second favorite vocal group. I really love their retro pop sound and the members all have a great voice. Two of them are still around and debuted as a duo called Keembo in 2020. Their It's raining men cover is legendary.

6. Kiss&Cry

They debuted in 2013 and were disbanded in 2014 because they had management issues but if you were already into Kpop back then, you migh remember their song Domino Game. Their Lady Marmalade cover was another great vocal moment. Their main singer Dia had a solo career before and after their disbandment.

7. Mamamoo

Last but not least, Mamamoo. The group that I don't need to present. They are really dear to my heart. If you want talent and a charismatic group who have a lot of fun on stage, then Mamamoo is made for you.

• You might be their only stan left here.

That's not true, I love them too, but don't really talk about them.

Great list, but I think you should add EXID, Apink and Sistar as well, and we have a TOP10.

Also, I think most of you will agree with me, neither of these groups (including the 3 other I mentioned) are not really "girl groups", they more like WOMEN group!

Almost forgot: JYP's Golden Girls should be mentioned as well.

• Vocalist from the Source Music's 1st girl group that they disbanded

External Content www.youtube.com

• I absolute adore brown eyed girls and Spica since i discover them

Especially Spica they were so good and had such a bright future, i really thought "tonight" would be their breakout moment

So much memory

Every international fans were talking about kiss&cry when they debuted and how much they liked their debut and expected their comeback sadly it never came

As for Seeya, i never listen to their songs but i really liked The Seeya debut song but like all their gg

MBK totally ruined the group and never made any effort to promote them really

Even their debut Mv was very low in budget and qulaity

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• I don't know Golden Girls but I will give them a try.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• SNSD?

External Content www.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!