Nayeon to comeback in sometime this year

• Group TWICE's Nayeon is making a solo comeback after two years.

According to the results of the Xportsnews report on the 9th, Nayeon will make her solo comeback in June. This is the first time in two years since her first solo mini album "IM NAYEON" was released in June 2022.

Nayeon, who was the first soloist among TWICE members, became a big hit with her first album, "Im Nayeon," which means her real name, Im Nayeon.

The title song, "Pop!" filled with Nayeon's unique bouncy and bright energy, was loved by men and women of all ages and successfully established its solo status.

Since her official debut as TWICE in October 2015, Nayeon has actively engaged in domestic and international activities by showing off her presence as a representative K-pop girl group.

Attention is focusing on how Na-yeon, who is also building her career as a solo singer, will capture the public's attention through her comeback activities.

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001712506

JYPE responded:

"It is true we are preparing Nayeon's solo album, but the release period is still unconfirmed. It will be announced once it's confirmed."

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/enter…ow/article/018/0005711026

OnceTaglist

• True, Jeongyeon even had to say it on bubble, she doesn't want a solo right now and to ask her in another year or so.

I think it can also be a daunting experience even for experienced idols likes twice...

they've spent their entire careers with each other as a team and lean on each other and to debut solo can be a scary experience

• 9 members and she is getting a comeback. I think I'm getting off here. What I feared the most when Jennie debuted as a soloist is happening to Twice. This has to be karma.

Slow down bro, this is not a unilateral decision by jyp or anything but all of twice decision. Blackpink and blinks ruined people minds with the mentality that everyone in a group seeks being a soloists and everyone has to get one before anyone thinks of a comeback, that's just absurd and illogical for a group like twice. Some members are more prepared for a solo now, others might not even want to have a solo at all like jeongyeon.

• Slow down bro, this is not a unilateral decision by jyp or anything but all of twice decision. Blackpink and blinks ruined people minds with the mentality that everyone in a group seeks being a soloists and everyone has to get one before anyone thinks of a comeback, that's just absurd and illogical for a group like twice. Some members are more prepared for a solo now, others might not even want to have a solo at all like jeongyeon.

EXACTLY - even with GG Sunny has never had a solo despite being a lead vocal and one of the more popular members.

• 9 members and she is getting a comeback. I think I'm getting off here. What I feared the most when Jennie debuted as a soloist is happening to Twice. This has to be karma.

I think too often people think solo comes at the cost of another or that we can only have one or the other.

That's just not the case. There are separate teams thst handles certain releases.

They can work on Nayeons solo while still working on someone else's. Keep in mind JYPE is the company that gave Twice 2-3 comebacks and a Japenese release in year, they can easily handle two solo releases at a time.

This is so assuming everyone wants a comeback. I think the recent Jeongyeon speculations has made it clear that not all members want solo or is ready for a solo just yet.

Finally, delaying Nayeons come back any further may prove harmful. In a fast moving industry like kpop, you have to capture the moment and JYPE is already bad at that. Longer than 2 years between solo comeback would just waste all the hype Nayeon had previously.

Again, this is not a zero sum game, Nayeons solo does not come at the cost of another members.

• nope, they wouldn't. They 100% discussed this and if another member is ready to debut there is nothing holding them back, they could debut this year too

I mean, you can defend her having a comeback, but you don't have to use something you made up. We don't know how these things work behind the scenes, and knowing some other members have said they would like to do solo music...

• I mean, you can defend her having a comeback, but you don't have to use something you made up. We don't know how these things work behind the scenes, and knowing some other members have said they would like to do solo music...

But Twice do have discussions regarding their comeback schedules and planification, they have been involved in the process for a while now

Do you mean I shouldn't assume they are not mad at each other? I guess you're right then

• They can work on multiple releases at a time behind-the-scenes, but they obviously can't have overlapping promotions, so it is still very much a "one at a time" situation in practice. The more solos and sub-units you add on top of group releases, the harder it becomes to find time for everything. And there are definitely members of Twice who want a solo who haven't gotten one yet.

• They can work on multiple releases at a time behind-the-scenes, but they obviously can't have overlapping promotions, so it is still very much a "one at a time" situation in practice. The more solos and sub-units you add on top of group releases, the harder it becomes to find time for everything. And there are definitely members of Twice who want a solo who haven't gotten one yet.

Surely within the a 12 month period, if there was a solo coming, there is room to fit it in.

If there's a will, there's a way.

The other question would be how long do you suggest Nayeon wait between comebacks for releases if they are to be serious about her solo career? Nayeon is still hot right now in the public eye.

Imagine if JYPE only worked on one solo a year. If every member did a solo, everyone would have to be on a 9 year rotation for every member to cycle through? That doesn't sound like a good plan IMO.

Plus Twice usual had been doing 2 or more comebacks and a Japanese release a year for most the years. Solo projects are less taxing for everyone since the other 8 members can rest in between. So take for example, on a 3 times a year release schedule (one group and 2 solo), each member only every participate in 2 of the projects at most (the group one and the solo) vs 3 group comebacks where everybody would have to participate in all 3.

• If they released only one solo a year... they would be continuing their current trend, because that's exactly what they've been doing, which only illustrates how long everyone else will have to wait if Nayeon has a comeback every couple years. Could they theoretically fit in more releases on an off-year where they aren't touring? Sure, but that doesn't mean they actually will. JYPE simply isn't that productive.

• If they released only one solo a year... they would be continuing their current trend, because that's exactly what they've been doing, which only illustrates how long everyone else will have to wait if Nayeon has a comeback every couple years. Could they theoretically fit in more releases on an off-year where they aren't touring? Sure, but that doesn't mean they actually will. JYPE simply isn't that productive.

But just because thats what they have been doing doesnt mean thats what they should be doing.

Maybe Im misunderstanding what your original message is. Im taking it as youre arguing Nayeon should not be having this comeback because others havent had theirs yet.

Nayeon should definitely have a comeback within a two year window with how quickly kpop fans move on from groups. As well as Misamo should have a comeback within two years and Jihyo, while still working on the next new solo release.

If they can't then they need to grow their team to be able to do so. I'm not arguing what JYPE will do, I'm arguing what they should do.

• I'm not arguing from the standpoint of what they're doing, or even what they should be doing. I'm arguing from the point of view of someone who isn't big on Nayeon (or the favoritism she receives) and would rather see others get a chance.

• Im excited but tbh I always feel like with solos especially at JYP, the debut is the peak for music quality. Like how can she top Pop? The album was mid but the title track was amazing. I just hope she continues with lighter concepts and doesn't go the route of experimental.

Also not Jeongyeon still not getting her solo yet :meme-disappointed:

Shes the most talented member vocally 🙃😒

She doesn't want a solo... or so she says.

• Is this the 'comeback' ?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!