If Park Minju had remained in YG and joined BabyMonster, would it have crushed Illit?

• The most first week sales by a debut girl group record is currently held by Illit.

Baemon's first album outsold Illit's album, but since it debuted already 5 months ago, even though this album is their first album it is NOT considered to be a debut album . The sales figure for Baemon's debut album is 0, since it did not release such album.

Plus, Illit's song has entered Billboard Hot 100 and a bunch of other charts but Baemon's song has not entered any charts.

Baemon's vocals are more ore less decent all over, while there is Park Minju, there is and Park Minju and there is Park Minju as far as vocals in Illit are concerned.

And , to add even more to the drama, Park Minju was a YG trainee for some time. It is said she moved to Hybe in 2020. Early or later that year, not too many people seem to know.

Since BM's debut was rumored from 2021 and only took places 2 years later,, there would have been a possibility of Park Minju joining Baemon.

And now Illit threw a huge piece of rock on the path of Baemon.

A close example is JYP shunning a Choi Yuna at KPop Star 1, and Choi Yuna, now called Yuju, later driving Twice to Bay.

I did not watch R U Next to know the trainees well enough to judge who would have been the main vocalist without Minju, but without her YG style of singing, it is unlikely that Illit would have reached as far as what it has done so far.

And it is quite likely that whenever Hybe has to fight Baemon, she will be leading the fight with it in all cases

How the battle between Baemon and Illit , with Minju in Baemon, would have unfolded would be one of the points to watch this Baemon-Illit rivalry.

• BM and Illit were referred to as the BP and NJ copycats, lol. It appears that the primary problem with BM is the overly outdated music. If Illit had not gone haywire a week earlier, I believe all attention would have been on the BM release regardless. Just stating that the industry is unpredictable and that BM was intended to compete with major leagues such as NJ, IVE, LSF, aespa, and Gidle. Though, it's unclear if members would have had an impact, Illit was intended to have a similar outcome as Hybe's Nmixx. Hybe is fortunate to have Minju.

:check-bee:

• BM and Illit were referred to as the BP and NJ copycats, lol. It appears that the primary problem with BM is the overly outdated music. If Illit had not gone haywire a week earlier, I believe all attention would have been on the BM release regardless. Just stating that the industry is unpredictable and that BM was intended to compete with major leagues such as NJ, IVE, LSF, aespa, and Gidle. Though, it's unclear if members would have had an impact, Illit was intended to have a similar outcome as Hybe's Nmixx. Hybe is fortunate to have Minju.

:check-bee:

not really when the rumors about their debut started they were saying they were gonna be more big mama in the sense of being vocal oriented.

if you listen to their album only 2 songs have that yg signature sound the other ones not really. I actually think that for their next album they will have more their own flair. With Sheeh I guess they wanted to come a more YG style as some youtuber explained it , probably they went for the girl crush concept to go against the new trends that are today kind of like happened with their senior groups. I'm looking forward to the kind of music they will release later actually

• Knowing bros has been downhill for quite a while. NewJeans never showed up there silent

It seems Illit is more "YG" than BM because Minju still sings in the older YG style while the Baemon members are 'in between', not yet decided about what style to follow

• I doubt that Minju would have fit the concept/music YG is aiming for BM. As sad at it was not being able to make it in YG and be a part of BM, Minju must be so grateful right now not to be a part of that YG sh*t show and instead getting all the success with ILLIT.

• People acting like the idols in Illit have absolutely anything to do with their charting is a wild, wild take.

It's 100% on the song and the push it received from Hybe. I can guarantee that 80-85% of the people listening to that song wouldn't be able to name one member; let alone a member being make or break for success.

• People acting like the idols in Illit have absolutely anything to do with their charting is a wild, wild take.

It's 100% on the song and the push it received from Hybe. I can guarantee that 80-85% of the people listening to that song wouldn't be able to name one member; let alone a member being make or break for success.

isnt it the same for bm? they are no bp. no one remembers except their fans & most famous is the thai girl . they are no bp either. and usually,no one will remember a gg’s members name with more than 5 members tbh. in most cases, ggs songs are more popular than the members cuz its gp sounded. it takes time if any of them can be bp members in the future. even nj are not safe— let see if individual members can sustain popularity by looking at their individual endorsements EMV like bp has and when they start releasing individual music. so far , only bp members have that global impact with their individual careers — ips , influence thru endorsements ( emv, sns) and music ( spotify) wise .

• BlackpinkHouse he is calling Fake Mi*j*, Minju. Fight him pls.

Literally the first time in history i've been triggered by a Whyknock thread, he finally managed to offend me after 1343 tries :mads:

In case anyone needs a refresher...

THIS IS THE ONLY MINJU IN KPOP, EVERYONE ELSE IS A FAKE OMG.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!