So, are we gonna ignore mass-buying, again? No hate thread, just honest question!

• As said it many times, and some other older Kpop fans as well. Mass buying is still a thing, and it's stronger than ever! As much as I like to see talented groups succeed, YES, Babymonster girls ARE talented, but I hate to see YG spending billions on Youtube ads and buying their own albums. I honestly wanted to stan this group, because of their talent, but I won't, not only because I'm fed up with YG, but because they inherited a toxic fandom, and they're worse already than BLONKS ever was, and they're not even a year old group.

I'm sorry BABYMONs or whatever the fandom name is, but numbers don't lie!

So, you want to tell me that YG is lazy, and they only shipped out 70K the 1st day, then they became even more lazy the 2nd day, but woke up in the 3rd day, then passed out from hard work in the 4th day, and on the 5th day they shipped out more than 130K albums? If this doesn't scream mass buying, nothing does.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And NO, this isn't about the girls, this is 10000% about YG, and their clueless stans. I'm sorry, but I had enough, all I see from them is toxicity.

• Maybe I am Naive and not familiar enough with Music Sales, but isn't it logical that after people hear the album they would then consider purchasing the Album?

For example something I am more familiar with earlier this Year a Super successful game called PalWorld sold more on Day 7 than they did Days 1-6 combined (8 million the first 6 days combined and 11 Million Day 7 alone)

the overwhelming Majority of people who bought that Game didn't buy it on Day 1, and it was Digital Copies so it's not like they ran out of stock and had to delay sales

• Well you see the one more vocal about mass buying in this forum was ME and barely anyone apart of ME address the topic so of course the discussion about this topic is way less since I'm barely active

• Youtube is just full of ads, they can't brag about global streams anymore since ILLIT is so far ahead, and their K charting are non existent. They have to buy albums to give the fans something to post about or they will just be forgotten.

• Maybe I am Naive and not familiar enough with Music Sales, but isn't it logical that after people hear the album they would then consider purchasing the Album?

For example something I am more familiar with earlier this Year a Super successful game called PalWorld sold more on Day 7 than they did Days 1-6 combined (8 million the first 6 days combined and 11 Million Day 7 alone)

the overwhelming Majority of people who bought that Game didn't buy it on Day 1, and it was Digital Copies so it's not like they ran out of stock and had to delay sales

You made a good point, BUT games are much different, because you buy it digitally, the company doesn't have to make new copies. Also, even in the case of BIG4 companies, people won't buy more than 130K albums one day, and the next the company will ship out all. That's not how it works.

Yes, many people will buy their albums, because they are a YG group, and people like it or not, thanks to Blackpink. Younger Kpop fans want their own Blackpink.

Let's just say, even if 130K people ordered albums yesterday, YG would need at least a WEEK to short things out. I mean, albums and MD's you can find in the package, not growing on trees. Even BIG4 companies can't just produce 1 million copies and pray for people to buy it. They would go bankrupt.

YG making a huge mistake now, because people will see these numbers, they will compare it to streaming numbers and charting and the conclusion is that Babymonster is flopping digitally. So, there is no reason to believe that 350K people bought their album. Sure, in Korea people don't care about them, but internationally they aren't much better either.

The album sales aren't aligned with the digital numbers. Even if they're getting more popular day by day, the numbers don't show that. We can't even say: "Oh, their numbers were low because on the weekend there's no sales." The fact is that their numbers are going up and down, up and down, not up like in my cases. That's not organic.

• I mean all shipping rates usually look like this

Shipping rates, sure, but you won't see huge numbers from smaller agencies.

I mean, I finally found ILLIT's weekly sales. Day 7: 88K album were sold. That's almost HALF of how much YG (130K) sold today. Stats from 4 groups from the 5th gen.

External Content x.com

Kiss of Life numbers.

External Content twitter.com

Young Posse sales. Total Sales in South Korea (Circle): 2,686 copies sold

Moonbyul's new album sales. What I know is that 100K pre-order was confirmed WEEKS before the release date. I can't find any numbers on pre-orders about the groups.

External Content x.com

• Your hate towards Baemon is amazing!.. BM literally had 459k online viewers on the premier of Sheesh, so of course Millions of views is expected.

Ads and mass-buying are normal though, especially for boygroups.

Why speak now about it because BM achieved something great?

BM is going viral in China and China bars normally buy in bulk.

• and do not forget, YG has ISO 37001 or Anti-Bribery and Corruption certification unlike HYBE or SM. I think JYP got their certification recently.

The ABMS has the power to check the inflows and outflows of the company. In short, no payolas and bribing shits!

• BM is going viral in China and China bars normally buy in bulk.

yeah especially ahyeon

this thread is ridiculous those album sales are on the lower side if anything and baemon has a decent relatively fandom too, I was expecting bigger sales actually

also let me brings this up

they also have bars helping as well which in normal for most kpop groups

some are actings like these are big numbers or baemon don't have a fandom when they have been building their fandom for a while now. be serious

• Honey, BM wasn't even a thought when we already complained about muss-buying and Youtube ads. It's not about the Babymonster or any other group. They have zero say in this. This is all about the companies.

Last year, A LOT of people complained online that some Chinese fandom bought more than 600K copies of Jisoo's ME single, and "she" sold more than 1.3M albums I think.

This isn't about boy groups or girl groups.

Also, The fact that you're talking about Youtube views makes your argument less relevant. Everyone knows that some agencies, even smaller ones, paying for YT ads, but there's a HUGE difference when a BIG4 agency does it. More than 60% of their views on Youtube came from ads, and they can do for longer than small agencies.

Known Ad-Promoted K-Pop MVs - Music Videos ARE advertisements (daisuki.com.br)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

and do not forget, YG has ISO 37001 or Anti-Bribery and Corruption certification unlike HYBE or SM. I think JYP got their certification recently.

The ABMS has the power to check the inflows and outflows of the company. In short, no payolas and bribing shits!

You can put that on the shelf, but that doesn't mean anything, sorry.

this thread is ridiculous those album sales are on the lower side if anything and baemon has a decent relatively fandom too, I was expecting bigger sales actually

Actually, as I said already, their numbers are too big compared to how they perform on charts. Like it or not, Babymon is a FLOP, online. Their album sales don't align with their digital numbers. Their numbers are only good on Youtube.

• Here a boy group sale too.

• Do these accusations have a basis?

I see people claim companies buy their own albums

Yet never am provided anything approaching actual evidence.

Like a report

Photos

An invoice

Anything

I need more than just vibes.

Stans can't predict shit. Why should I trust y'all feelings on matters.?

• Are we talking about Sheesh here?? Daisuki is not a reliable site for gods sake. All of it are only based on their own calculations and estimates

• Here a boy group sale too.

Are we pretend that all fanbases have the same schedules when to order the albums?? Like come on!

Fanbases are even doing strategies when is the right time to buy for a music show win. :facepalm:

• It's not about feelings or bias, because as you can see, I shared stats about my own faves, too, not just groups I don't like or follow. Also, some articles. Use Google, it's free.

Netizens amazed at the buying power of Chinese fansites 

Netizens Raise Concerns Over Mass-Purchasing After Boxes Of K-Pop Albums Were Dumped On Streets 

"It's literally Sajaegi," A record company employee reveals the truth about the album sales number and pre-order culture

• Right??

• Shipping rates, sure, but you won't see huge numbers from smaller agencies.

Because they don't sell huge numbers period

Every group you posted had a sales spike on the 6-7th day. What's so absurd about Baemon's sales?

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Can you read? It's literally on their platform! Some fans are so freakin' clueless and lazy. Use your brain, for God’s sake.🤣

Really??

1. An expected number of Views and Views per Like for the video is calculated based on the statistics and formulas from the site explained on the article linked above;

In short with their algo, mass streaming are considered ADS.

• Because they don't sell huge numbers period

Every group you posted had a sales spike on the 6-7th day. What's so absurd about Baemon's sales?

Because they do it before Music Shows, every time, that's the point!

This isn't just about Babymonster. Fans and companies are crazy, especially the fans. They're doing fundraising for Music Show voting, album sales, streaming etc, and acting like it's organic.

For example, I won't say who was it, but I saw one Idol on Idol Champ voting app, they were #30 or so, the next day they were on top! You can only do that if you're paying at least 500USD or even more.

Don't you think that absurd? Agencies do mass-buying, fans do everything else, like a nice and cozy crazy family.🤣

And when people like me calls them out, because they're attacking small groups and their fans, being nugus, they're crying like little kids, and we're the haters. LOL! 😅

• of these, only the 3rd would count as sajaegi by its definition. And that's only if one can prove that the entertainment company is giving the record company the money to pay for those records.

If a record company agrees to put that money up front, that's just a business transaction.

• Welcome to the reality of life my dude! It happens everywhere and any workplaces!

You better accept it and sip some coffee.

• When you tried, but failed again. Now, I know you can't read. Did you read the whole thing? Oh wait, you can't read.🤣

• There's no proof that YG is mass buying albums. Maybe the fans but welcome to kpop. It'd be weird if Baemon wasn't pulling numbers like they are tbh

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• There's no proof that YG is mass buying albums. Maybe the fans but welcome to kpop. It'd be weird if Baemon wasn't pulling numbers like they are tbh

It would be weird, IF they're performing as they should, but they're flops on digital platforms all around the world, except on Youtube.

There won't any REAL proof because companies won't come out and say they bought albums, but stats don't lie.

I did. All stats and probabilities.

No solid data.

Nice try!

Dude, it's literally there, their data is from Youtube. They have their own FIRST and later they updated it from Youtube every week. Learn to read ffs. :pepefacepalm:

• Never understood why people care about how others spend their money. IMO it's only a problem if a company bulk buys their own albums

I think people don't understand that Sajaegi is a crime not due to bulk buying

But because Sajaegi is a form of Round Tripping. It's about the fraud that a company commits.

• It would be weird, IF they're performing as they should, but they're flops on digital platforms all around the world, except on Youtube.

There won't any REAL proof because companies won't come out and say they bought albums, but stats don't lie.

Wait til you hear about boy group sales...

• This thread contains 65 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!