Mhj didn't realize she basically created a cheat code for K-pop with Newjeans

• Now, the question is when will this 'easy listening' trend die and we will return to more traditional Kpop sounds?

Or will this trend shape future Kpop forever since it's also a popular sound that can be accepted by non-K-pop fans all around the world?

• ILLIT Magnetic is traditional Kpop sounding with pluggnb, lofi, dance pop with anime style.

This is the next big trend from Y2K moving forward.

:pepe_akorns:

"No one has done what I have done during the 30 years in K-pop" - Min Hee-Jin

:meme-what:

Kpop world is a total mess because of greed and ego right now

:meme-bonk:

• Post 2020 kpop stans are so ugh. When I became interested in kpop the songs that were popular at the time and viral in its small niche in 2008:

-Wonder Girls Nobody

-SHINee's Replay

-TVXQ's Mirotic

-Lee Hyori's Ten Minutes

-Rain's Rainism

-Wonder Girls So Hot

-Lee Hyori's U-Go-Girl

Just to name a few that our small international community at the time hyped up. (On oompi)

So when I see comments like OP I just sigh because kpop has ALWAYS followed the trends the west sets.

• you ended OP

• Bunch of words just for the music fall under same category... Interesting

It's just girl crush songs just not that good enough you know. The easy listening songs stomp them so hard that the global public doesn't love girl crush as much anymore.

List of popular groups you can listen to

Girl Crush

Aespa

Baby Monster

XG

NMIXX

GIDLE

LE SSERAFIM

KISSOFLIFE

ITZY

Easy listening and or traditional

NJ

ILLIT

IVE

STAYC

FROMIS9

TRIPLE S

Look they all even out.

• seems like LSF is on the easy listening side now, Easy/Smart/Perfect Night don't sound like girl crush at all to me

• Who says they didn't follow the music trends from the West? The whole hip-hop genre was so strong in Kpop especially back then that created some false narrative that only that kind of music will works. So, that's my point with MHJ creating a new cheat code. She makes the Kpop industry realize that the soft, easy-listening music is not only for B-side materials. Surprisingly, it also works globally. And Hybe higher ups didn't even believe this type of music will works in kpop scene just for Mhj created a new huge new trend in kpop with Nj

• seems like LSF is on the easy listening side now, Easy/Smart/Perfect Night don't sound like girl crush at all to me

They will switch up as their next comeback title after Easy is Hot, and their main essence is girl crush.

• So, you just agree with me... Easy listening songs are more accepted among public

It's even funny that Lsf most successful songs are not even their girl crush song and Gidle just getting a Pak with their easy listening song over their gc one

• Who says they didn't follow the music trends from the West? The whole hip-hop genre was so strong in Kpop especially back then that created some false narrative that only that kind of music will works. So, that's my point with MHJ creating a new cheat code. She makes the Kpop industry realize that the soft, easy-listening music is not only for B-side materials. Surprisingly, it also works globally. And Hybe higher ups didn't even believe this type of music will works in kpop scene just for Mhj created a new huge new trend in kpop with Nj

And I'm saying MHJ did nothing and created nothing. Like many people before her, all she's done was bringing back a trend that was popular in the UK (to be very specific) in 2020-2021 in K-pop.

• So, you just agree with me... Easy listening songs are more accepted among public

It's even funny that Lsf most successful songs are not even their girl crush song and Gidle just getting a Pak with their easy listening song over their gc one

I don't think in this current era, the public wants to go super lady, Batter Up, or Untouchable you know.

2024 looks like it's in pain concerning the global status of war, inflation and everything so no one got time for hard core music. Everyone wants to relax you know. Unless the world gets back better, we will go easy listening.

What's the point in pointing at NJ or MHJ, when the music trends are on par with world events.

• If you're going to apply things like

1. Easy, a hihat heavy trap song
    2. Smart, a Afrobeat song
    3. Fate, a jpop with rock heavy instrumentation

Under New Jeans influence despite the fact that none of those songs overlap with New Jeans genres and soundscape at all and in I-dle's case, they've been doing rock infused songs before New Jeans debuted

Your post basically means fucking nothing.

You might as well say "New Jeans invented midtempo"

It's equally as fucking stupid.

• Stan baby monstersheesh

im getting ready

External Content www.tiktok.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!