vcha over itzy at lollapalooza?

• Maybe jype just decided it is not in Twice's interests to go. The same reason they promoted their last single for 4 days in Korea. They seem to be very confident about vcha, being chosen to open for Twice and for lollapalooza instead of Itzy or Nmixx.

• Nothing against VCHA, when I saw this news yesterday, it made me realize being able to play at Lolla doesnt depend on how big or popular a group is but more just connect or money.

With that said, its also made me realize JYPE has had the power to send Twice this year or all the other years....and chose not to. Something to think about.

But have you ever seen a Major Festival's line up before? Most of the performing acts are new, small and/or niche acts who are going to festivals to be promoted to a wide audience in specific markets. That's exactly why they are going to Festivals and not doing big tours worldwide. And, of course, they will need connections for the promoters to be aware of their existence.

For me It's not surprising VCHA is going, but going this soon. I think they have what? 3 or 4 songs? I have no idea. But they will need to fill a 45-min set.

• it's definitely a weird choice because vcha is nothing interesting and definitely don't appeal to a festivals crowd

i mean they have literal kid disney channel music

a lot of people don't like kpop but at least it is korean and different. vcha is just nothing

i also feel like it is unfair of jyp to send them over itzy or nmixx who also need exposure. i hope he sees soon that this project is stupid

• But have you ever seen a Major Festival's line up before? Most of the performing acts are new, small and/or niche acts who are going to festivals to be promoted to a wide audience in specific markets. That's exactly why they are going to Festivals and not doing big tours worldwide. And, of course, they will need connections for the promoters to be aware of their existence.

For me It's not surprising VCHA is going, but going this soon. I think they have what? 3 or 4 songs? I have no idea. But they will need to fill a 45-min set.

I get the reasoning for VCHA, the exposure would be great for then.

I'm just hope JYP doesn't think Twice is "too big" for things like this. I work in hotel revenue in Chicago, Lollapalooza is one of the largest event each year. The total attendee is as much ad Coachella.

JYPs "US promo" foe Twice this comeback was one daily show and a few clips with Lauv, which I promise would be lower than the actual exposure from a music festival like thus.

Like I said, I get why they did it, but I can't help but wonder if JYP is really doing everything they can for Twice. We all know JYP isn't known the way their groups are promoted.

• I get what you mean. I personally don't think TWICE would benefit from a Festival's spot like VCHA's, but more as a Headliner.

At the state of their career, they are more than capable of drawing in huge crowds and bringing visibility and engagement from their already existent following to the event.

In return, headlining would guarantee a big media exposure and significantly impact in TWICE's reputation as s performing act and industry standing, of course, more casuals would know their name.

• The best time would have been last year where they could go as headliners before starting stadium tour in North America. Blackpink also were headliners for Coachella and bst hyde park. Big names like Billie ellish and dua lipa also headline such festivals.

Skz also headlining big events. They r good events to show why ppl should attend their concerts.

Again twice is fine as they r doing stadiums still and earning alot so maybe it doesn't matter either. Jyp isn't looking for anymore growth for them I assume.

⬘⬔⬖ 𝓒𝓗𝓐𝓔𝓦𝓞𝓝 ⬗⬕⬙

250dd14621ef751098a3df2008a9e3f511ceb487.jpg6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifvf657d8969a69954701c97b1c9f34bfb59f7e1c29.jpg6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv7acbf075b7a90db21c0e73ed477047213b33a9dd.jpg

• Nothing against VCHA, when I saw this news yesterday, it made me realize being able to play at Lolla doesnt depend on how big or popular a group is but more just connect or money.

With that said, its also made me realize JYPE has had the power to send Twice this year or all the other years....and chose not to. Something to think about.

You think all performers are relevant ?

Festivals are a way to promote mainstream and non mainstream artists. Like you don’t have to be Beyoncé to perform at a major festival.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!