how many idols do you think are really passionate about music and performing? how many of them do you think are just in it for the fame and fortune?

• i think if they're genuinely in it for the art, then no matrer what, they're just gonna keep doing what they love. on the other hand, if they're just clout chasing, then i hope they make it because they're still probably gonna end up miserable even if they're treated fairly and the working conditions are alright. i guess we can add the people who just really need the money but i'm sure there are a million other ways to earn some without having to put yourself through all that insanity

GEQkJhUasAATrcd?format=jpg&name=large

• Most people become idol for that celebrity status

I agree.

And I think that along the way, being authentic about their music gives them a unique identity and brand so it makes them work harder.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• None of them become idols because they are passionate for music.

I think some do especially those that produce music or make sure they learn how to and the very skilled vocalists. it does not make sense for one to practice so hard and get good skills just for clout when even those who can't sing get so popular anyway.

Their love for music drives them to sing and perform better.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The majority of Idols start off as Trainees when they are Minors so naturally they want fame and fortune because that's why they will go to an audition.

By the time those kids debut they are already workers and any dreams they have are on the back burner and will only be realized if they make money for their company.

• Probably majority went into it thinking of celebrity life, or the spot light. Some may take a detour and found their love for music, performing or even variety. It's the same for regular folks. We go into most jobs, or wanted to get jobs where the pay is good, but then realized later on that there are better things than this. Some may stay for the pay, some may venture out, some just do things differently. Same with idols.

If you want some rough numbers, just gotta pay attention to which idol releases singles, albums, talk about music and STILL doing all of those to this day. Then you'll know if music is their passion.

Again, nothing's wrong if they want that celebrity life status, its just that majority of the time, only the elite4 idols truly enjoyed those privileges.

---======---

• i think that people who want fame also want to perform in someway. For example dancing and singing are both pretty fun ways to perform and get famous rather than be a famous politician who has to give speeches.

So I figure they must enjoy dancing around and acting cute or whatever

• but also I think kpop is closer to being a stripper than a musical person(not in a bad way) so yeah I dont really think it's about the music for them, but also I'm sure they're unhappy when they get bad music given to them like nmixx or something

• I think some do especially those that produce music or make sure they learn how to and the very skilled vocalists. it does not make sense for one to practice so hard and get good skills just for clout when even those who can't sing get so popular anyway.

Their love for music drives them to sing and perform better.

True yes money and fame is a motivator but ultimately most idols are in it for the passion. You can tell which idols are just there for a paycheck. This industry is extremely hard competitive cut throat and rife with abuse overwork etc you really have to LOVE your job to do this, the pay offs are not always worth it you hear the confessions from BTS to jaejoong to many others that despite being rich af and popular af that the things they had to witness go through suffer etc wasn't always worth it. Some even said they discourage their own kids from doing it. So yes highly doubt most join for the money, because without the passion to actually love this job, the hardships alone not counting all the other baggage would make most people quit. Especially when alot of super successful idols keep going despite not being paid we have seen that with that one company that never paid their idols and actors

• probably a lot...

one has to remember that being an idol is that for them it's a job - a career and one has to be paid and earn a living...and I'm sure like most employees some of them do it only for a paycheck just like us non-kpop people

• lol i think y'all lowballing the number by a lot.

I will go by Izone stats. 8 of the 12 members are still focused on music after 5 years as an idol - Eunbi, Yena, Yuri, Chaeyeon and the four in Ive/LSRFM. Only four of the members have given up their music careers (Hitomi, Nako, Minju and Hyewon).

2/3 of all idols are passionate about singing, dancing, or writing music.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!