Do you think gidle should fail?

• Honestly, i'm flummoxed at how this group got so popular in Korea. They literally defy every convention in Kpop. They dont have a superstar it girl like Ive, NJ, Aespa. Their songs dont properly fit in Blackpink's girl crush, Ive's chaebol rich, or New Jeans' 90s/Pink Panthers. They have had huge scandals. Their group is 60 percent foreign. They dont belong to the Big 4.

Yet somehow they out unique listened every NJ, Aespa, and LSRFM song last year with kwinka and every Ive song except I AM. They've had a run of three straight #1 hits with PAKS included =O=O=O .

• I never wish for a group too fail, but at the same time I don't mind if the hype for some groups that I think is overrated dies down. So maybe that can also mean "wishing for failure"........

Never understood the popularty of GI-dle, but fees like they hype around them have died down a bit so I have no problem if they go on, they sometimes do some songs that are "okay".

• Honestly, i'm flummoxed at how this group got so popular in Korea. They literally defy every convention in Kpop. They dont have a superstar it girl like Ive, NJ, Aespa. Their songs dont properly fit in Blackpink's girl crush, Ive's chaebol rich, or New Jeans' 90s/Pink Panthers. They have had huge scandals. Their group is 60 percent foreign. They dont belong to the Big 4.

Yet somehow they out unique listened every NJ, Aespa, and LSRFM song last year with kwinka and every Ive song except I AM. They've had a run of three straight #1 hits with PAKS included =O=O=O .

Their trajectory is so legendary. They used to sell few albums, their charting was meh, they had one the biggest scandal, kicked one of the most popular members then they cb with one of the biggest hits of the year since then they’re reaching a new peak after 6 years

That's what the true legends are made of, mate. :pepe-pray:

As for the OP, I'm not sure I understand the question.

• of course not

why would anybody want a group to fail??

I can understand not liking any of the songs or hell even not liking the members but to want a group to fail???

every group from the likes of BTS down to the nugus that can barely sell 100 albums worked hard to try to make it where they are - I don't wish failure upon anyone

• The industry needs them.

I personally do not like them doing very sexy concepts, because they don't need to and many solo artists once they go down the very sexy route, flop after say 2 years.

That said their biggest risk is at the end of their 7 year contract. Will they all still want to do group activities on so regularly or will they slow down and focus on solo activities like BP?

• Should or would

This is an important distinction. Will they fail? Probably not. Should they fail? With some of the bad songs they're putting out that inexplicably blow up anyway, yes, they should. It's getting to the point where Korea will seemingly accept whatever they're serving, which just leads to complacency and more bad songs.

they make their own music and they perform well, also their music tends to be catchy. Maybe they have more of an "artist" image to koreans.

• Their next World Tour, scheduled for the second half of 2024, will be a arena-sized tour.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!