Make no mistake. The battle for chart supremacy in 2024 is a 3 person race between IU, GD and NewJeans

• Who will have the bigger hit song this year? 39

1. IU (23) 59%
    2. GD (9) 23%
    3. NewJeans (7) 18%

And even I'm not super confident to make any predictions against those two legendary titans of the industry :pepe-cringe:

It sucks that GD had to go through a fraudulent drug scandal, but emerging on the other end of it unscathed and 100% innocent will actually give him a swell of support from Korea, who strongly feel his investigation was flagrantly and clumsily mishandled.

The only question is when he makes his grand return.

With Queen IU also returning this quarter, the owner of more charting records than any artist in history, it's going to be hard for any other artists to compete.

I am excited for new music from both legends, but I think Korea's biggest hits are already decided :eyes:

I'll be pleasantly surprised if NJ still gets the biggest digital hit this year

• Do you have any source GD is coming back this year?

Didn't he say it himself? And I saw that he was heading to the U.S. for something possibly involving Madison Square Garden?

GD still the biggest idol in Korea imo.

And it's been so long since he's returned to his throne to release music. Koreans will go CRAZY for anything he releases.

I might favor him over even IU.

• IU, New jeans and then GD

Gd might spike the highest in ULs out of curiosity but I can see him falling just as fast because his song is stale, which it definitely will be

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• IU, New jeans and then GD

Gd might spike the highest in ULs out of curiosity but I can see him falling just as fast because his song is stale, which it definitely will be

Stale? What kind of disrespect is that for the King of K-Pop? Your favorite idol's favorite idol? His song would never fall down the charts.

GD is one of a kind.

Gdragon Gd GIF - Gdragon Gd Kpop GIFs

• I don’t feel so. He might have maybe a good first day I’ll give give him that. But will fall off.

YG “type” of music is dying in Korea imo. He’ll be too dated to have a hit is my feeling.

• GD was out of limelight for too long. And he will release something to please himself, not the GP.

However I will have plenty to say about the battle between New Jeans and the 1,345 years old.

• I don’t feel so. He might have maybe a good first day I’ll give give him that. But will fall off.

YG “type” of music is dying in Korea imo. He’ll be too dated to have a hit is my feeling.

But GD has never flopped ever. And the public misses him. He's never been out of the limelight musically for this long. I think it's literally impossible for a GD album to fall off.

He's GD! Regardless of our feelings on his music, he's one of the biggest idols in Korea ever. And now he has the good will of the people behind him more than ever.

GD was out of limelight for too long. And he will release something to please himself, not the GP.

However I will have plenty to say about the battle between New Jeans and the 1,345 years old.

I anticipate your future think pieces and essays on the inevitable clash between NewJeans and the 1,345 years old icon.

• But GD has never flopped ever. And the public misses him. He's never been out of the limelight musically for this long. I think it's literally impossible for a GD album to fall off.

He's GD! Regardless of our feelings on his music, he's one of the biggest idols in Korea ever. And now he has the good will of the people behind him more than ever.

I anticipate your future think pieces and essays on the inevitable clash between NewJeans and the 1,345 years old icon.

Sometimes too much time passes. That + Kpop artists having a short lifespan is why enlistment kills most every group. Taeyang came back with Lisa and Jimin and still didn't do super well.

• Stale? What kind of disrespect is that for the King of K-Pop? Your favorite idol's favorite idol? His song would never fall down the charts.

GD is one of a kind.

Gdragon Gd GIF - Gdragon Gd Kpop GIFs

I've never found one good quality in that man as a person or artist. Not one :pepe-no-sign:

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Sometimes too much time passes. That + Kpop artists having a short lifespan is why enlistment kills most every group. Taeyang came back with Lisa and Jimin and still didn't do super well.

Vibe did do well though. It was a top 5 hit on MelOn.

And don't compare GD to any other artist. That man is a legend among legends, and Korea is still obsessed with him, even though he's not half as active as he used to be.

I think you're all really, really underestimating his impact and influence just because time has passed. A GD comeback would be an event. Plus he has the aforementioned boost from the scandal.

No idol was in the news more than GD to close 2023 (for mostly bad reasons), and it ended positively for him.

• But GD has never flopped ever. And the public misses him. He's never been out of the limelight musically for this long. I think it's literally impossible for a GD album to fall off.

That doesn’t mean anything when it’s been years lol.

I don’t question IU who continually released music and has hits.

Sure him being the biggest idol when he was active and releasing music and relevant is vastly different from him releasing music now.

• That doesn’t mean anything when it’s been years lol.

I don’t question IU who continually released music and has hits.

Sure him being the biggest idol when he was active and releasing music and relevant is vastly different from him releasing music now.

I think your anti-YG biases are influencing your take ;judgingpepe:

Legends. Never. Die.

GD was gone for 6 years. Not 16. The king can easily reclaim his throne in Korea.

k-pop fantastic baby GIF

• I Mean he did stay in the lime light with his drug charges I guess so perhaps anticipation for him will still be high.

So maybe you’re right and his first comeback may do well. But beyond that I highly doubt he’ll continue to do well.

• I Mean he did stay in the lime light with his drug charges I guess so perhaps anticipation for him will still be high.

So maybe you’re right and his first comeback may do well. But beyond that I highly doubt he’ll continue to do well.

I still think he'll be a potential wall for my faves ;(

• Speak your truth Daisy :pepe-hehe:

Perpetually looks like the 2011 Tumblr "I'm not emo, I'm SCENE" aesthetic

Acts like a child

Voice that can only be described as Squirrel Halfway Through Being Run Over

Big Bang Member

Visuals ain't visualing,

Ricegum Hype Beast performance style

Minds me of how ugly Chanel clothes are on commoners but somehow worse

"Master producer" and there's zero BigBang Songs I like where he's listed first

I don't get it, I never will and I'll never want to

blackpink-no.gif

• What a distasteful hater, have some respect for Jennies ex. This man compose great songs like this.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What a distasteful hater, have some respect for Jennies ex. This man compose great songs like this.

Wow

Everything about him ages that bad huh

• What's this shade at IVE lol.

It's not shade. We saw how Baddie performed.

LSF is going to have a bigger comeback than IVE in 2024.

No idol group was competition for NewJeans in Korea in 2023.

Their last barricade to chart supremacy of the ones holding the reigns and occupying the throne, Queen IU and King GD.

If they unite again, even the new dominant group won't be able to topple them

External Content www.youtube.com

• Nah this is a personal problem. Nobody can be that tasteless. He composed so many numbers 1s and decent b sides.

Probably you're mad that he dumped Jennie for cheating on him with V

Rare case where cheating is justified imo :pepe-tea:

• Cause a Jennie Stan hates G-Dragon.. has to be the reason.

And that's not slut shaming, she was seen with V around the time they broke up. Not a wild conspiracy.

Hated him far longer than I've loved Jennie

Gets better with age:pepe-toast:

• Cause a Jennie Stan hates G-Dragon.. has to be the reason.

And that's not slut shaming, she was seen with V around the time they broke up. Not a wild conspiracy.

And they listed their reasons. You're the one who dragged in Jennie then tried to make this alleged "dumping" her own fault. We don't know what happened - neither do you, this is just "gossip" and on top of that dragging.

• And they listed their reasons. You're the one who dragged in Jennie then tried to make this alleged "dumping" her own fault. We don't know what happened - neither do you, this is just "gossip" and on top of that dragging.

It wasn't even confirmed that she dated GD right?

So don't know where this weird cheating rumor comes from.

I agree we'd best leave Jennie out of it as she gets far too much hate already.

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!