Itzy got hit by the chinese fraudulent sales curse too, who's next? Newjeans? Ive? Blackpink? Lesserafim?

• The "curse" strikes again folks T_T, both aespa and red velvet lost around 50% of their sales from their previous album, lot of people conclude is because a decrease in the purchase of albums from these groups chinese fandom that's why I unseriously named it a curse referring to that. The new victim is itzy, a group who increased their album sales exponentially when this trend started in 2020 until reaching 1M of sales on 2022 at the same time as twice which sold way more albums than them since forever and always had a bigger stronger fandom everywhere, midzys even laughed at this and let blinks used them to shade twice.

And today the curse strikes, itzy lost more than 50% of sales from their previous album first day sales on hanteo, a very insane comparison

JYP Charts (@jypcharts) on X
    [HANTEO] 230731 ITZY (@ITZYofficial) 7th Mini Album "KILL MY DOUBT" @ 22:21 KST — 317,821 copies (317,821 total) [1st Day] *still counting* #ITZY #MIDZY…
    twitter.com

JYP Charts (@jypcharts) on X
    [HANTEO] 240108 ITZY (@ITZYofficial) 8th Mini Album "BORN TO BE" @ 21:20 KST — 123,482 copies (123,482 total) [1st Day] *still counting* #ITZY #MIDZY…
    twitter.com

The fact that all those groups lost around half their sales and chinese fandom still represent a huge part of their latest albums sales tells you how tiny kpop actually is.

I can't wait for the rest of top girl groups who were selling millions like nothing to see if this trend continues (newjeans, lesserafim, ive, gidle, blackpink, twice) or any of them survives it, gidle is having a comeback at the end of the month, both lesserafim and newjeans comebacks are near and twice album is coming at the end of february, let's wait yeorobun :iconpepe:

• But Itzy don’t even have a strong fanbase in china lol. The most they sold was max 250k sales.

So where tf are their sales coming from? What is the country with huge fanbase getting them to 1M of sales?

1st day sales are not indicative of total sales.

Yeah but the trend is downward even in their ktown4u numbers, jyp didn't announced their pre orders numbers like previous albums either so is simply not looking good

Which group have the biggest sales from China?

For girl groups is blackpink, around half of their sales are from china alone, like 800K-900K of the album sales were from china, for born pink like 1.2M to 1.5M, aespa also had lot of sales from china too like one member cbar alone could get 300K albums, and overall seventeen and stray kids sales in china were massive, way more than blackpink.

• Well speaking about Chinese sales the Chinese fans are different. There will be those who won't buy because they are Lia's fans, and also there will be those who won't buy because it's 5th year already, and they are used to groups promoting for 2-3 years, sometimes a bit longer

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You never realize that China is rarely loyal. it is difficult for them to be loyal like the Japanese. as much as I love twice and aespa. I always knew Twice was luckier because of Japan. Aespa on the other hand has China. they practically don't buy much in the drama era for reasons of injustice that are actually bullshit. they did the same thing with blackpink.

• For girl groups is blackpink, around half of their sales are from china alone, like 800K-900K of the album sales were from china, for born pink like 1.2M to 1.5M, aespa also had lot of sales from china too like one member cbar alone could get 300K albums, and overall seventeen and stray kids sales in china were massive, way more than blackpink.

aespa holds selling china more than blackpink. China abandoned pink in the born pink era. they don't give much. lol

• aespa holds selling china more than blackpink. China abandoned pink in the born pink era. they don't give much. lol

China did not abandon BP wtf you speaking?

So where tf are their sales coming from? What is the country with huge fanbase getting them to 1M of sales?

Yeah but the trend is downward even in their ktown4u numbers, jyp didn't announced their pre orders numbers like previous albums either so is simply not looking good

For girl groups is blackpink, around half of their sales are from china alone, like 800K-900K of the album sales were from china, for born pink like 1.2M to 1.5M, aespa also had lot of sales from china too like one member cbar alone could get 300K albums, and overall seventeen and stray kids sales in china were massive, way more than blackpink.

For girl groups its Aespa a bigger % of their sales are coming from China. 1.2M to 1.5M???? Its not 1.2m to 1.5m what you smoking. No idea where you got these numbers from would be interested to know.

BP actually have a lot of fans in China though as we can see with digital sales.

China only really buy during first week and BP have sold like 1m since then..

Anyways BP Chinese fans are generally pretty loyal dunno about other groups.

• they do. You must be delusional if you think China contributed a lot in the born pink era. The album was their biggest selling act but in the born pink era they were no longer there. they say baikot, buy a little for solo members, don't buy karma injustice. it's all a lie. they did the same thing to aespa. You clearly see a decline in their sales in China. they have reasons but it's not enough. they were never as loyal as the Japanese. even asean is always more loyal to pink girls. you clearly know that

• You should have posted after first week tbh

Twice doesnt really rely on Chinese sales but think they still get some there and there JP fans basically do what Chinese fans do.

• they do. You must be delusional if you think China contributed a lot in the born pink era. The album was their biggest selling act but in the born pink era they were no longer there. they say baikot, buy a little for solo members, don't buy karma injustice. it's all a lie. they did the same thing to aespa. You clearly see a decline in their sales in China. they have reasons but it's not enough. they were never as loyal as the Japanese. even asean is always more loyal to pink girls. you clearly know that

BP sold a lot of digital albums and fans still supported it quite heavily, so they do still have a loyal fanbase. I think there was a lot of uncertainty and new rules around when BP released.

Anyways you should argue with the other person who thinks 50%+ of BP sales were China ;p

Born pink cost $50, and have you seen jisoo sales lmao. It surpass bp record in ktown4u. I hv a theory about kpop gg sphere but I'll save it now till it's proven.

• BP sold a lot of digital albums and fans still supported it quite heavily, so they do still have a loyal fanbase. I think there was a lot of uncertainty and new rules around when BP released.

Anyways you should argue with the other person who thinks 50%+ of BP sales were China ;p

blackpink is too big for their fanbase to go. but they are not as loyal as before. that's a fact we know. Blink no longer relies on China sales. and only delusional people believe that pink sales are 50 percent from china. I've argued with that guy and he hasn't replied.

Not even 1 million sales of born pink from China. This is clearly far down compared to the previous era

• Born pink cost $50, and have you seen jisoo sales lmao. It surpass bp record in ktown4u. I hv a theory about kpop gg sphere but I'll save it now till it's proven.

They are loyal to pink members. not blackpink. BP Dichina's fanbase is obviously big but doesn't pay as much attention as it used to. 2 million sales of the album China silverware bought one million. but born pink didn't even reach 800 sales of their three million albums

that's a clear decline. Of course Jisoo goes beyond Blackpink. China is always full of solo stans

• For girl groups is blackpink, around half of their sales are from china alone, like 800K-900K of the album sales were from china, for born pink like 1.2M to 1.5M, aespa also had lot of sales from china too like one member cbar alone could get 300K albums, and overall seventeen and stray kids sales in china were massive, way more than blackpink.

Actually I'd say Aespa have the most c-bar sales. For my world they sold 1.6mill first week, their c-bars accounted for 1 mill of that. I found the old pann thread and this was the total:

Karina 476,043 copies

NingNing 309,086 copies

Winter 176,253 copies

Giselle 39,621 copies

• selling 800 thousand is a drop after one month. the previous comeback was 1 million more or less

Is it because there's no Lia?

• This fool is just desperate for a hit thread.

You won't pull thebadguy or Dreamer95 numbers with a low effort thread like this. Sorry :pepe-joy:

• Chinese sales aren't always fraudulent, it's just a common issue. Groups that do well digitally in China are thought to have a higher amount of legitimate sales, and ITZY appears to do well digitally in China. Nearly all groups are getting hit by low Chinese sales recently though. Both legitimate, and fraudulent.

• actually I don't understand that sales can go down. I mean I know my twice sometimes fails in digital but in sales they survive or increase.

Does comeback twice hurt the aespa fanbase?

Because I didn't see this on ive? They made back to back comebacks and their sales increased! I don't understand why.

• I'm confused

isn't this their highest 1st day sales

Cheshire which sold 275k in 1st day.

The second one OP linked isn't opening. Kill my doubt is their best selling first day at 318k, born to be is around 123k

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I say lets wait until the first month before judging.

• Actually I'd say Aespa have the most c-bar sales. For my world they sold 1.6mill first week, their c-bars accounted for 1 mill of that. I found the old pann thread and this was the total:

Karina 476,043 copies

NingNing 309,086 copies

Winter 176,253 copies

Giselle 39,621 copies

Blackpink's Chinese fanbase is always bigger. they just prefer to support blackpink solo not blackpink groups. of course they still support them but not as much as their solo activities. China always wants to go solo

and even aespa is really down in the drama era. They say it's because of the member's injustice and you see? it's always like that solo stan.

• Blackpink's Chinese fanbase is always bigger. they just prefer to support blackpink solo not blackpink groups. of course they still support them but not as much as their solo activities. China always wants to go solo

and even aespa is really down in the drama era. They say it's because of the member's injustice and you see? it's always like that solo stan.

Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out the % of Aespa sales from their c-bar compared to total album sales is higher than BP.

Also isn't China in the middle of huge economic issues? just Karina's solo stans protesting doesn't explain the huge drop. It makes sense c-fans as a whole are less likely to waste money when they are trying to resuscitate their economy.

• actually I don't understand that sales can go down. I mean I know my twice sometimes fails in digital but in sales they survive or increase.

Does comeback twice hurt the aespa fanbase?

Because I didn't see this on ive? They made back to back comebacks and their sales increased! I don't understand why.

Most of kpop sales are due to fans buying multiple copies, however fans purchasing power is not infinite hence short time comebacks can end with lower sales than the previous one

• IVE passed the problem with a perfect score :tea-bee:

They released the album before the problem started so we have to wait until their next album to be sure ;judgingpepe:

I'm confused

isn't this their highest 1st day sales

Cheshire which sold 275k in 1st day.

No these are their lowest sales in 2 years

ITZY Charts | BORN TO BE | UNTOUCHABLE ≷ (@ITZYChartsData) on X
    .@ITZYofficial highest 1st Day Sales on Hanteo: 1. KILL MY DOUBT — 318,352 2. CHESHIRE — 275,189 3. CHECKMATE — 251,509 4. #ITZY_BORNTOBE — 123,489 🆕🎉 5.…
    twitter.com

You should have posted after first week tbh

Twice doesnt really rely on Chinese sales but think they still get some there and there JP fans basically do what Chinese fans do.

I am not sure if I will be here in a week and can't wait for gaon either, and can't trust in anyone but myself to point this out in this forum

Twice sales will be very interesting for that exact reason, if their sales drop the problem is more than chinese sales, that's why I'm waiting for them so hard.

Time will prove one of us right friend :iconpepe:

Actually I'd say Aespa have the most c-bar sales. For my world they sold 1.6mill first week, their c-bars accounted for 1 mill of that. I found the old pann thread and this was the total:

Karina 476,043 copies

NingNing 309,086 copies

Winter 176,253 copies

Giselle 39,621 copies

I don't remember born pink chinese contribution I need to check that out, but yes I know is aespa and blackpink at the top of chinese albums purchase for girl groups

• I wouldn't call them fraudalent sales it's more like mass bulking but that has always been happening even korean fans do that. Anyways I want to mention that for born pink it was mostly rosé chinese fansite hardcarrying Lisa's chinese fans didn't contribute at all and jennie and Jisoo's fansite only initially but later not much because of what they perceived mistreatment.

• Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out the % of Aespa sales from their c-bar compared to total album sales is higher than BP.

Also isn't China in the middle of huge economic issues? just Karina's solo stans protesting doesn't explain the huge drop. It makes sense c-fans as a whole are less likely to waste money when they are trying to resuscitate their economy.

well that shows bp fandoms doesn't only rely on chinese fandom in fact only less than half from their sales it's more individually jisoo has the highest individual sales of them all though based on her solo album sales

• I wouldn't call them fraudalent sales it's more like mass bulking but that has always been happening even korean fans do that. Anyways I want to mention that for born pink it was mostly rosé chinese fansite hardcarrying Lisa's chinese fans didn't contribute at all and jennie and Jisoo's fansite only initially but later not much because of what they perceived mistreatment.

Do you have born pink numbers?

• Do you have born pink numbers?

BP is mostly likely around 1m, BP currently nearing 3m. Chinese fans mainly buy physical first week never really after.

This was the sales by D1, rose about 300k later due to solo digipacks that were released later I think.

• This thread contains 38 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!