Did TXT fall off/lag behind?

• Why does it feel that way.

Even on things like tiktok where I felt they were easily a top group in 2022 they don’t feel as relevant any more.

Like I firmly placed txt above 17 till last year in overall intl popularity but it doesn’t feel that way any more.

What caused this potential drop?

• I'm not big on charts or stuff like that, so I'll just go with my personal opinion as a former MOA. HYBE is very clueless with TXT. Their sound has been changing back to back too quickly with every comeback. Not to say their comebacks are 'bad', individually I like those tracks, but as a whole, they have no unique sound. Hybe could have really stuck with their rock/emo concept and gone further with it, which would make them stand out and be unique, but they decided to go back and give them "Chasing That Feeling" and "Sugar Rush Ride" It's too confusing for non-fans imo.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I loved their music, but lost interest after Jonas Brothers and Anitta collabs :pepenomad:

They are doing fine though. It's just their last endeavors received lukewarm reception from fans and casuals alike.

Depending wether you exclude China and Japan as "international", they are at the same level as Seventeen I think, above them perhaps. If China and Japan are included then TxT was never nearly as big as Seventeen in any moment of their career

• I'm not big on charts or stuff like that, so I'll just go with my personal opinion as a former MOA. HYBE is very clueless with TXT. Their sound has been changing back to back too quickly with every comeback. Not to say their comebacks are 'bad', individually I like those tracks, but as a whole, they have no unique sound. Hybe could have really stuck with their rock/emo concept and gone further with it, which would make them stand out and be unique, but they decided to go back and give them "Chasing That Feeling" and "Sugar Rush Ride" It's too confusing for non-fans imo.

I fr don’t remember what txt released this year eye- I liked sugar rich ride actually when it dropped but I think o got over it quickly as well RIPPP

• I loved their music, but lost interest after Jonas Brothers and Anitta collabs :pepenomad:

They are doing fine though. It's just their last endeavors received lukewarm reception from fans and casuals alike.

Depending wether you exclude China and Japan as "international", they are at the same level as Seventeen I think, above them perhaps. If China and Japan are included then TxT was never nearly as big as Seventeen in any moment of their career

Yeah I mean outside Korea, China, Japan. This year I think I enjoyed EN- bite me the most for any 4th gen BG release.

Do you think en- suppressed txt internationally? Or were they always bigger?

Precisely my thoughts, from start to the end. I pretty much enjoyed their releases but after GBGB it became eeeh...

LOVESONG is still their magnus opus. I still wish that they kept that sound like you said.

• Yeah I mean outside Korea, China, Japan. This year I think I enjoyed EN- bite me the most for any 4th gen BG release.

Do you think en- suppressed txt internationally? Or were they always bigger?

Enhypen has been on the same level as TxT outside east Asia since their first comeback (i.e. Drunk-Dazed and Fever era)

Their baseline streams are close since last year, with TxT being ahead thanks to having a bigger discography but otherwise Enhypen generally matches TxT daily streams.

This year Enhyen released a song that was very well received, while the last 2 songs from TxT flopped hard. Next year will unfold whether Enhypen is going to surpass them or not. I don't think they will though, TxT fandom is quite big

• Enhypen has been on the same level as TxT outside east Asia since their first comeback (i.e. Drunk-Dazed and Fever era)

Their baseline streams are close since last year, with TxT being ahead thanks to having a bigger discography but otherwise Enhypen generally matches TxT daily streams.

This year Enhyen released a song that was very well received, while the last 2 songs from TxT flopped hard. Next year will unfold whether Enhypen is going to surpass them or not. I don't think they will though, TxT fandom is quite big

sweet venom is flopping on spotify already :excited-bee::excited-bee:

I have the same feeling about Enhypen. Their identity is too inconsistent, as a consequence, the way their songs are perceived/received is also inconsistent.

If they kept the Given-Taken/Drunk-Dazed/Bite Me's style I think It would do them wonders.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• I have the same feeling about Enhypen. Their identity is too inconsistent, as a consequence, the way their songs are perceived/received is also inconsistent.

If they kept the Given-Taken/Drunk-Dazed/Bite Me's style I think It would do them wonders.

Yes to this too.

I'd add Fever though.

If that had been released by a bigger group back then the song would have been a big hit (no pun intended).

• TXT seems to do this thing where they rise, then plateau, then rise, then plateau. They're in a plateau, I guess. I've really enjoyed the fact that they experiment with their sound each release. Keeps it interesting.

• Txt and Enhypen are both similar they have one big cb per year then the following up tanks.

I’m more familiar with ENH and till this day I don’t understand the need to change, TXT has always been changing concepts but with ENH, you can tell fans prefer songs like Drunk Dazed/Fever/Bite me instead either they pick A hip hop song or faceless pop song.

TXT so far hasn’t declined maybe in Album sales but most of them dropped their 2nd cb. The only thing they felt off is closing the gap with SKZ. Now you can tell which is the bigger group.

• I feel like many non fans stopped talking about them.

I loved their magical bright concept like when they did blue hour and runaway. But now they’ve been doing stuff that’s less unique. I can’t imagine another group doing their older songs, but their new songs feel like they could’ve been sung by other groups.

Enhypen released better songs this year imo

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited 2 times, last by lialve ().

• I think with how chasing that feeling flopped ppl forgot how big sugar rush ride was. That album has a b-side with over 100m streams and 2 more with over 50m. In comparison FML's highest b-side has 40m streams, Dark blood has 2 b-sides at 40m streams, S-class has a b-side with 50m streams and 2 more with 40m (though this is a full album while the other 3 are all EPs). On the other hand there is a 4 month gap between txt's album and straykid's with the other 2 being released in between.

Then again srr is the worst performing single out of the 4, bite me>>s-class>super>srr

Also while both txt and svt's 2nd comeback of the year flopped internationally, txt's still did slightly better on spotify. Actually enha's 2nd cb flopped as well, it seems like only skz managed to have both cbs hit this year.

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• I wanted TXT to stay with rock so badly. I was praying for them to go backwards in time, from 00s emo rock of Lovesong/Lover Loser to the glorious arena and hair metal rock of the 80s, maybe even exploring the classical rock of the 70s, or how about even Kpop/country fusion?

I would have put them on par with Izone if they had brought these sounds back to modern pop :TXT14:

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pack it up, MOAs. They've fallen too far this time, we can't save them after this :emotionalpepe:

• Honestly what went wrong was 2 basic/mediocre songs after Temptation. I get that BH was trying to get them bigger in the Latin + American markets but the choice for the songs/collabs were terrible.

It’s the same thing with Sweet Venom, it’s not a bad song but it sounds like it belongs on TxT’s Temptation instead.

I still believe the difference between Txt and SKZ is that SKZ stans are “louder and working harder”. Because, for example, how come TxT, SKZ and Enhypen have about the same monthly listeners on Spotify (TXT having the most) but SKZ have twice as many streams everyday?

TxT and Enhypen stans definitely need to be better organized + work harder.

• I don’t think they’ve fallen off at all - I think their releases are just thematically a bit divisive. Personally, I love that- think it’s good they’re not resting on their laurels and are keeping things interesting. But I understand there is a certain demographic that wants acts to find their sound and stick to it.

Personally, as a fan, I feel like I see growth, and also don’t particularly care about home turf results. Actually…, I don’t really care about global results! I only care about if enjoy it!

• Their last album sales decreased half million compared to their best seller. Lack of Chinese bulky orders hit them hard

That half a million gap (actually 488k) is in cumulative sales, aka 11 months of sales vs 2 months of sales.

If you compare the same timelines, they're on par with each other (despite the loss of the Chinese bulk orders).

Freefall had higher preorder and first day sales (despite the loss of the Chinese bulk orders).

Freefall and Temptation had comparable first month sales (despite the loss of the Chinese bulk orders).

Seems like the loss of those Chinese bulk orders didn't really hit them so hard after all :/

• Honestly what went wrong was 2 basic/mediocre songs after Temptation. I get that BH was trying to get them bigger in the Latin + American markets but the choice for the songs/collabs were terrible.

It’s the same thing with Sweet Venom, it’s not a bad song but it sounds like it belongs on TxT’s Temptation instead.

I still believe the difference between Txt and SKZ is that SKZ stans are “louder and working harder”. Because, for example, how come TxT, SKZ and Enhypen have about the same monthly listeners on Spotify (TXT having the most) but SKZ have twice as many streams everyday?

More monthly listeners just means there's more listening to at least 1 song from said artist, it does not mean that all those must be proper fans. Some listen to 1 song once in a while and don't necessarily care for the artist beyond that. A casual listener isn't always actually a fan.

And looking at charting around the world like European countries, Japan, US, Australia, etc. show SKZ is ahead and does have a bigger fanbase. Their next tour I'm assuming will make this even more clear.

• Super > S-Class > Bite Me/LA⁴ > SRR > Chase That Feeling > Sweet Venom > God of Music (I forgot to quote Chocolate-cheeks here eeeh)

TxT and Enhypen stans definitely need to be better organized + work harder

Not only Stray Kids fandom is more hardcore and organized, It's also sizeable bigger, despite, apparently, TXT and Enhypen having more casual interest. Which means, It doesn't really matter that much for Stray Kids If the non-fans love their music (Maniac), are indifferent (Case 143) or think It's the worst release of the year (S-Class), they will still do numbers and cover up any lack of interest/hate they music might receive, because their fans will like and stream. Especially since they are very consistent and are always giving what their fans want from them.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

Edited once, last by Minazuki ().

• Their music because I don't think many people like it this year. They can always bounce back since they are known for one of the group with great music. They are still the top 3 4th gen bg but starting next year groups like EN-, Ateez, RIIZE etc will move ahead.

:thinkerpepe:

• I don’t think they’ve fallen off at all - I think their releases are just thematically a bit divisive. Personally, I love that- think it’s good they’re not resting on their laurels and are keeping things interesting. But I understand there is a certain demographic that wants acts to find their sound and stick to it.

Personally, as a fan, I feel like I see growth, and also don’t particularly care about home turf results. Actually…, I don’t really care about global results! I only care about if enjoy it!

I agree with this. I think it’s good to mix up your sound even if you don’t do as well. It’s good for creativity and also maintaining a long term fanbase.

That’s not the conclusion I’d reach. It just means more of SKZ songs are liked. Which is actually a testament to their popularity and fanbase. You can have monthly listeners with even one hit song doesn’t mean the rest of your catalogue is popular as well.

• Oh, the monthly thread about Flopxt being flops, who's the next person making the thread next month? I've lost the count already. :emotionalpepe:

Anyway, STREAM GROWING PAIN :flirt-pepe:

External Content youtu.be

• Well we are talking about txt and enhypen and I think their main problem and obstacle is that they don't have their trademark sound.

I thought txt was building their own sound during their 2021 era but then they drop one song which can pass as txt song and give me txt vibe and then they drop random song which gives me 0 group identity. Same can be said for enhypen.

These 2 don't have their own identity I as non fan noticed.

• Their last album already dropped off circle top 100 weekly chart. The gap between Freefall and Tempstion is not reducing anytime soon.

• Oh, the monthly thread about Flopxt being flops, who's the next person making the thread next month? I've lost the count already. :emotionalpepe:

I don’t think I saw another thread at all lol

• Well we are talking about txt and enhypen and I think their main problem and obstacle is that they don't have their trademark sound.

I thought txt was building their own sound during their 2021 era but then they drop one song which can pass as txt song and give me txt vibe and then they drop random song which gives me 0 group identity. Same can be said for enhypen.

These 2 don't have their own identity I as non fan noticed.

Personally I find en- music to be better than TXT’s but I think TXT members are lot more known or charismatic than En-. Like I can at least identify a few of the TXT members I don’t think I’d know who an en- member is even now 😭

I like when groups experiment, I am not RV fan but I know when I hear both Zimzalabim and Psyhco that is RV song while I don't feel that with TXT. I think they just need stronger identity. But perhaps it is too early on for them to have it yet or maybe that is just how I feel.

This should have been title track!!!!

• This thread contains 54 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!