LSFM feel more iconic than New Jeans

• Like the group and the members and their performances.

The way they operate and present themselves just feel more iconic than New Jeans for me.

Who do you guys genuinely think will have a higher peak in the long run 👀

I have a feeling LSFM members have much more of a star quality than New Jeans members.

Currently of course I enjoy NJ’s musical direction more but I just find LSFM members much more charismatic.

What does everyone else think 👀

• Isn't that by design?

NewJeans are the relatable, girls next door

LSF are the strong, girl boss icons of...whatever their concept is.

I agree LSF has more star quality but i still think NewJeans will win in the end, or at worst they'll be equalish. It really just depends on how SouMu and Ador play the solo cards

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Isn't that by design?

NewJeans are the relatable, girls next door

LSF are the strong, girl boss icons of...whatever their concept is.

I agree LSF has more star quality but i still think NewJeans will win in the end, or at worst they'll be equalish. It really just depends on how SouMu and Ador play the solo cards

I think you can have charisma regardless of the type of music you release no

• Well, this is how I felt about EXO vs BTS, especially in 2015-2016, regarding the members' star quality and how iconic they would be in the future, even when their popularity gap was still huge back then. Turns out, I was very correct about that. So, we can just wait for the future for these two groups. If a group like BTS, coming from nowhere, can end up being the biggest acts Kpop ever had, then everything is possible. Especially when LSF and NJ didn't have a huge gap in popularity and are from the same huge company.

• Well, this is how I felt about EXO vs BTS, especially in 2015-2016, regarding the members' star quality and how iconic they would be in the future, even when their popularity gap was still huge back then. Turns out, I was very correct about that. So, we can just wait for the future for these two groups. If a group like BTS, coming from nowhere, can end up being the biggest acts Kpop ever had, then everything is possible. Especially when LSF and NJ didn't have a huge gap in popularity and are from the same huge company.

Yeah ofc very comparable. SM’s decision to give EXO their deliberately “mysterious” air and EXO’s inherent introverted nature played a lot into how appealing they could be to a fast growing kpop crowd. BTS was more accessible, more available and readily reachable to their fans. These things definitely played into how EXO was perceived.

EXO having any success at all is the biggest mystery in kpop :angryr::cryingr:

Anyone else would be flopping :angryr::cryingr:

• I love them both and this is just my personal POV:

it’s true that for LSRFM, I love their music and have interest in the members esp Yunjin, Sakura, Kazuha but for NJs, I love their music and have very little interest in the members - even if I like Haerin and Danielle. They don’t draw me in beyond appreciating them for their music but for LSRFM, I will check out their other content occasionally.

• I love them both and this is just my personal POV:

it’s true that for LSRFM, I love their music and have interest in the members esp Yunjin, Sakura, Kazuha but for NJs, I love their music and have very little interest in the members - even if I like Haerin and Danielle. They don’t draw me in beyond appreciating them for their music but for LSRFM, I will check out their other content occasionally.

Yeah I’ve been the same. Even when I was causally into LSFM I was checking out some of their individual fancams, tiktoks etc.

They are all very charismatic and fun to look at.

• I think in general LSFM performances are much more engaging and memorable than many other 4th gen groups not just New Jeans.

Their stages has a lot of creativity that showcases the skills and performance talents of the members they are up there with ITZY for me when it comes to performances.

Popularity or chart performance that we won't know in the long run. Tbh I feel like the top GGs will all have their equal memorable moments.

Like even though ITZY for example isn't the most talked about at the moment, nothing beats the Wannabe shoulder dance and their iconic dance breaks for me

• I think you can have charisma regardless of the type of music you release no

I think NewJeans has plenty of charisma but when the very basis of your image is being relatable and approachable, expressing it is pretty limited. Groups like Blackpink, LSF, I've are supposed to exist on a level above their fans and the average person. Groups like NewJeans, early Twice etc are supposed to be on equal footing.

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I think NewJeans has plenty of charisma but when the very basis of your image is being relatable and approachable, expressing it is pretty limited. Groups like Blackpink, LSF, I've are supposed to exist on a level above their fans and the average person. Groups like NewJeans, early Twice etc are supposed to be on equal footing.

Hmm I don’t think I’ve referring to that. Twice is extremely charismatic to watch on stage I don’t think they’re comparable to New Jeans. Twice in fact is very much like LSFM. All the members are uniquely identifiable and their stages are very energetic. (thats actually one of the things they’re known for as well)

New Jeans are talented and have good music but I don’t feel like going out of the way to re watch their stages nor to like consume content from their members.

I’m not talking about the music or concept.

LSFM is much more fun to watch on stage than NJ.

• Yeah ofc very comparable. SM’s decision to give EXO their deliberately “mysterious” air and EXO’s inherent introverted nature played a lot into how appealing they could be to a fast growing kpop crowd. BTS was more accessible, more available and readily reachable to their fans. These things definitely played into how EXO was perceived.

EXO having any success at all is the biggest mystery in kpop :angryr::cryingr:

Anyone else would be flopping :angryr::cryingr:

We did talk about the star quality and iconicness of the groups, and that's exactly how I felt back then. It turned out to be right anyway, whether influenced by the company or anyone, as why I said we can only see it in the future. This also might happen to Nj or Lsf.

It's kinda funny when Big 4 stans, especially from SM, claim "anyone else will flop..." Seriously? SM is too big to fail. Exo had it all - a huge company, great songs, massive debut hype during SM's peak, and explosive first comebacks. With all of this, they secured loyal fans from the start, even with declining promotions later in their careers. Their first comeback in 2012 alone hit 300k sales in the first month. That's way before all the crazy numbers we have today. It would be such a huge mystery if they flopped.

Look at other SM groups too as this issues isn't only exclusive to Exo. Rv, F(x) and Aespa (before 2023) still really successful with similar treatment.

• We did talk about the star quality and iconicness of the groups, and that's exactly how I felt back then. It turned out to be right anyway, whether influenced by the company or anyone, as why I said we can only see it in the future. This also might happen to Nj or Lsf.

It's kinda funny when Big 4 stans, especially from SM, claim "anyone else will flop..." Seriously? SM is too big to fail. Exo had it all - a huge company, great songs, massive debut hype during SM's peak, and explosive first comebacks. With all of this, they secured loyal fans from the start, even with declining promotions later in their careers. Their first comeback in 2012 alone hit 300k sales in the first month. That's way before all the crazy numbers we have today. It would be such a huge mystery if they flopped.

Look at other SM groups too as this issues isn't only exclusive to Exo. Rv, F(x) and Aespa (before 2023) still really successful with similar treatment.

You think after losing 3 popular members. And having no promo after year three. Literally never being open with fans because it’s an image SM thrust on them by their company, anyone else can survive?They’re having a career high hit 10 years later after multiple scandals and a member marrying 😭 Lol.

Debuting in a big company doesn’t mean success. NCT never saw EXO’s success. GOT7 never saw EXO’s success. Nor did any of the YG BG’s. Big3 just means you will have some fandom support always. That won’t give you the explosive career EXO has. That’s because of their immense star power.

I think you’re here because you got offended by the thread and want to trigger me by saying something about EXO. You’ve yet to engage with the topic at hand at all.

But I don’t like engaging with low level debates like that. If you want to talk about LSFM and NJ use this thread. Otherwise if you want to make bad faith arguments make them else where. It’s cringe.

• I mean really doesn't that come down to personal choice again?

"different strokes for different folks"

bunnies will say of course NJ has more charisma or is more iconic

whilst fearnots will claim LSFM does...

from my personal pov I don't know NJ that well I haven't checked out much of their content or anything besides knowing danielle and hanni are australian (aussie aussie aussie)

I picked up on LSFM initially because of izone and sakura and chaewon - if one talks about star quality then sakura has it in droves...is she the best singer? dancer? rapper? hell no lol

and also because of their personalities and group cohesion from the various variety content that they've put out

but that's me and I'm sure someone like YamaChwan will tell us all the star qualitie from NJ members

• That’s how forums work. The question is literally asking about people’s personal choices. That’s quite literally the point of having a discussion in a forum. Lol.

• That’s how forums work. The question is literally asking about people’s personal choices. That’s quite literally the point of having a discussion in a forum. Lol.

and I gave my opinion with respect to why I prefer LSFM

• What’s considered iconic and charismatic for one is over the top and cringe for others. I think NewJeans concept and stage dynamics will be more palatable and conducive to success out west.

Time will tell.

Interesting perspective. But explosive performances have actually always been more preferred in the west. We can ofc speculate that more people might end up preferring NJ but let’s not shoe box the west‘s preferences lol.

• btw ISaidISaid

besides the music and performances have you watched any of the NJ content that they put out to get a reference point as to their charisma and personalities off the stage?

I consume a lot of content on tiktok and the groups that are funny and charismatic are LSFM, NCT, Seventeen, surprisingly NMIXX maybe that’s why they have a fandom inspite of releasing less than subpar music.

For some groups their charisma helps them get more popularity.

For some groups it’s just music driving their popularity aka my boring af favs EXO and now I feel the same for New Jeans

Sometimes in kpop I feel in the long run people will eventually always prefer the groups that are more charismatic. Might mot always be true tho. Hence the question on what people think lol.

• Well, I've definitely watched more LSFM content, but that's all bartkun 's fault! :pepe-hips:

me, like Sakura right now

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• hmmm that depends on the reason one stans a group

for me I can listen to any music - BG or GG etc etc but for me to get into a group it has to be their personalities and group cohesion (at least what we see of it on camera) - obviously I still like the music coming from my favs but that's not the most important thing

your fav group is exo and whilst you might have gotten into them through the music you still consume their non-musical content right? and I would assume you think the members are pretty funny and interesting personalities and stuff like that?

in terms of the charismatic aspect - that's where the parasocial relationship nature comes in right? it's certainly not through the music but rather the members themselves and one might say the better the company does at selling the idols as products (ie. charisma?) the more popular the group gets?

• With LSFRM's concept and having experienced members, LSFRM are indeed the better performer right now but people seem to stereotype NJ's performance as boring because they have easy to listen songs which is not true at all. On the contrary if you watch them perform, you could see that their choreo is a lot faster/upbeat compared to the song.

• this is why i think both nwjns AND lsrfm will become top groups in their own ways...

nwjns has great music that appeals to a lot of ppl + a great marketable concept etc

meanwhile lsrfm has the appealing personalities (loud, chaotic and more iconic to some) and fastgrowing fanbase etc

i think both groups would do VERY WELL in the future tbh

(this is NOT to say lsrfm doesnt have great music or that the jeanies dont have appealing personalities. its just that they are known for those things in particular and those qualities is what draws ppl in more)

• yeah newjeans just feels like a bunch of little girls to me but the lessarafim girls truly feel like real individuals. like when i watch newjeans content(not lives/mvs) they feel very bland, but when i watch lessarafim i really see their personalities and who they are. also the styling too, each lessarafim girl has her own style

• I can compose myself enough to articulate a point now.

LE SSERAFIM are the most entertaining idols of the 4th gen (girl groups of course).

NewJeans are already the most iconic idols of their generation, and I don't really think it's close. And I LOVE LSF. A lot. I only like NewJeans a smidge more, because I like their music a good deal more.

And it's not just a NJ/LSF matter. They've lapped everyone, and their global recognition and adoration is already beyond what anyone could ever predict.

They are wrapping up a year where they performed in front of 70k+ at Lollapalooza, performed the anthem for the 2023 Worlds, won at and performed at the BBMAs, outsold the Barbie OST in America and will close the year with a performance at the legendary New Year's Rockin' Eve. It's actually just insane, their scale.

• Their music is iconic and their brand too. I don’t think the members themselves are if that makes sense.

• There’s always place for both💯💯

• Their music is iconic and their brand too. I don’t think the members themselves are if that makes sense.

I disagree. The individual members dominate brand recognition in Korea every month. Wasn't Minji top or top 3 for months? Haerin had an event in Hong Kong last month and there was mass hysteria everywhere she went. Each member has secured multiple deals as ambassadors for massive brands.

But I digress. They are very intentionally marketed as a true group, and that's fine. They're all completely new to the industry and still relative babies.

Meanwhile LSF has a member that has been an idol for 10 years and 2 members who were a part of one of the most popular girl groups in Izone. It's not really an apples to apples comparison.

Can we really take issue with how NJ have been handled? Because I think ADOR is putting everybody to shame and are MILES ahead of every other team in the business.

It was even revealed last month that SM allocated MILLIONS into researching how NJ has been so successful this year. They're a once in a generation type group already imo.

• My harshest critic I suppose for new jeans is if you completely replace new jeans with five other girls, I think they would have still been the hit they are now. That’s my assessment of new jeans popularity

60619b148b25d76d88138e9fb9a750ba.gif

You could say that for almost any girl group but Mamamoo ;judgingpepe:

But I respectfully disagree. The unique bond and chemistry of the NewJeans members cannot be overstated. There is so much I could get into but I'm relaxing in bed and seeing how long I can last through this 60 hour long AAAs :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

Maybe later

• My harshest critic I suppose for new jeans is if you completely replace new jeans with five other girls, I think they would have still been the hit they are now. That’s my assessment of new jeans popularity

60619b148b25d76d88138e9fb9a750ba.gif

This isn't an attack to the girls or any idols let me say this clearly first

But NJs is the only group that I see people constantly praising the producers and the people behind it aka MHJ and Ador so much that there are literally MHJ shooters that exist. The only other example I think of is Teddy. Literally you have people praising that woman to the highest of heavens on what a genius she is.

Which actually leads me to think about the point that you made, which is if it was 5 other girls and MHJ is still behind the whole thing would they still be as successful?

You can't say the same for other groups like IVE and LSFM who have experienced idols in the group that carry a lot of the initial fame and hype. And you don't see people praising Starship for IVE success for example even though (I might be wrong) they have been using the same producer for their hit songs

• Imo all this would have happened to anyone debuted by MHJ under HYBE. That’s my feeling. Sure to some extent that’s true for big companies over smaller. But imo it’s especially true for New Jeans the most.

I never said NJ are not popular. But imo their popularity so far has nothing to do with… well themselves.

• This thread contains 138 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!