I watched BabyMonster performance and......

• Whoever choregraphed this needs to be fire ASAP !!!!

• first of all it seems that there's 2 version of the dance, because in the debut special stage, some moves are different in the school version, especially in the first part of i think Pharita (idk their name), there's one girl who raise her legs (school version) and the move seems so uneccessary and just put in the choregraphy just to make it look flashy but it doesn't even look really good

( that's probably why this part doesn't appear in the debut stage)

Screenshot 2023-12-09 03.08.57.png

• Then come the prechorus the first move looks so akward, it's the same move people do when they try to act like they can reach a high note for the fun i was not expecting to see it here
    • and also when listening to the song i always imagine a pretty chill dancing part but i was pretty surprise that a lot of move used in this part weren't the type of move i would have imagined

Screenshot 2023-12-09 03.23.08.png

• the whole part felt pretty busy for such a "chill" part of the song, so it was weird to watch it felt like the choregraphy wasn't really the most suitable for this part

And i actually think that the "batter up" move would look even more impactful and looks bigger if the prechorus dance was more chill and didn't look so busy

the second prechorus choregraphy actually looks much better and more fitted for the part

• and in another part of the song the girls in the back are trying to make square with their arms and it just feels so weird and just uneccessary to see one of the girl having to kneel down and then standing up the next second

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I really don't know who's YG choose as a choregrapher for this song, but i hope next time they'll choose a chregrapher who take better decision

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

Edited once, last by SooYoung ().

• Drag them SooYoung

But i agree, i think the no music shows announcement shows insecurity from YG. Initpicked Giselle to hell during debut, but i was only allow to do that, because SM released dance practices and went to music shows, with fixed camera’s and fancams to see mistakes/differences.

Baemon isn’t even polished enough to do that, and the switching choreography???

YG was just very unprepared to debut and it’s interesting because he delayed them for so long.

• that's funny because i'm actually dragging nobody

i didn't say the dance completely sucked and everything needs to be thrown away or the girls are untalented people who can't dance

nowhere in my comment did i talk about the girls skills

and my whole thread was targeted at YG and the choregrapher who created this choreography

but weirdo kpop fans like the BM fans in this thread are such young, naive and immature fans who can't even distinguish the choregrapher and the company ( to who my drag was adressed) from the artist itself

so i don't expect more on an intellectual level from them :pepe-tongue:

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Wow, people resorting to deflecting and shading other groups just because they dislike OP and dislike 1 of their bias groups getting criticised even for the slightest thing => because criticism on the choreo, come on, what are we even talking about :/

Some people are way too sensitive.

But i agree, i think the no music shows announcement shows insecurity from YG. Initpicked Giselle to hell during debut, but i was only allow to do that, because SM released dance practices and went to music shows, with fixed camera’s and fancams to see mistakes/differences.

Baemon isn’t even polished enough to do that, and the switching choreography???

YG was just very unprepared to debut and it’s interesting because he delayed them for so long.

I noticed this too, it's an YG habit.

As soon as YG or his people think attending a music show - or any show - wouldn't boost a group's image or could even result in a negative impact on a group's image, they simply won't let their groups attend.

Like how in the past they didn't let their groups attend a music show where they weren't sure they'd win that show - because standing on that stage while being 2nd and another group wins would make them look like 'losers'.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited once, last by FoReveries ().

• :pepe-peek: Sounds like madness! I'm glad I haven't watched any BM anything :pep-pj-pink:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BM are definitely already beating Ive globally. Ive globally flopped with the 3 Baddie title tracks. Don't know about Aespa.

BM has better numbers outside korea in Spotify, Youtube, Itunes than Aespa in their debut.

BM's potential is huge imo, they have solid fanbases in SEA, Japan and China already

• The choreographer is Silvergun of YGX

no she isn't there is another choreographer who was the main choreographer Chae-da-som I don't think all her choreo parts made it. I think the reason why the choroegraphy is a bit messy it's because many choreographers are involved

I know some collab but they usually have worked together and aren't many in this case even YGX choreographers are in it lol

I personally think leejung would have made a better job her choreos have a key point and tend to be more clean

External Content twitter.com

• outside Korea, BM has better numbers

Aespa is doing better on Spotify than Babymonster

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Aespa is doing better on Spotify than Babymonster

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

debut!! The numbers are close even BM just debuted over Aespa who is in the industry for 3 years already

• I think they are not doing a good job at executing choreo

If u focus on the redhead (Chiquita?) the choreo looks fine

the choreo is a mess if you see other dance performances they had made before their debut you'll see a difference

I don't what they were thinking with hiring izone choreographer for this and adding many choreographers I don't think having too many choreographers is a good idea at most 2 or 3

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

• I see. Because Silvergun is doing Batter Up classes in YGX studio. Thanks for the info though

• Dude, Aespa and IVE's debut did better internationally in the beginning than NewJeans, but we all know which group is the biggest internationally now.

GAogAIrbQAAe196?format=jpg&name=900x900

The numbers are for 4th and 5th gen btw

• ^ I've been arguing for a long time, it doesn't really matter how you do in Korea. Twice and Stray Kids definitely don't. Its not like BP spend a lot of time promoting there too. 50 50 with Cupid too was a hit globally and was only #10 in Korea. For these older groups I think Korea is only less than 2% of their revenue.

Maybe YG has decided not to spend any time and money to promote BM in Korea.

I mean why waste 2-3 years in Korea before you push globally. They already seem to be beating Ive globally now, as they seem to be holding so its unlikely they will flop down to way below 650k daily.

• External Content twitter.com

GAogAIrbQAAe196?format=jpg&name=900x900

The numbers are for 4th and 5th gen btw

yeah and you know that Kpop have evolved since 2020 i hope

literrally now you have gg selling millions of album because of how kpop became much bigger inteernationally in 2021-2022

Because of how you were presenting this as doing "much better " than them

i'm actually more surprise that Crown, and Black mamba were able to reach 10M so fast and actually surprise that the gap n days with babymonster is so small

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!