After NewJeans,which girl group had the biggest debut and rookie year?

• Which girl group had the bigger debut and rookie year? 48

The result is only visible to the participants.

There's no debating the biggest debut and rookie year of all time, but second biggest is an actually interesting discussion potentially.

I pick IVE

680904d6b2ebf1784e15c01ea7065885b4ff7091.gifv

Edited 2 times, last by YamaChwan ().

• YamaChwan

Changed the title of the thread from “After NewJeans,which girl group had the biggest rookie year?” to “After NewJeans,which girl group had the biggest debut and rookie year?”.
  • Fifty Fifty's Cupid was the most impressive breakthrough in girl groups history. They even surpassed BP in international charts. That was a miracle

Fifty Fifty

But Cupid wasn't their debut song

(Edit: You meant their rookie year, i got it... Sorry for correcting you, I misunderstood)

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• They left how they entered. With a bang.

unfortunately, parents' greediness did not let them to develop a further success. I assume FF will remain in kpop history as the one-hit-wonder.

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• I’ll add QWER. I expected these kind of numbers for KISSOFLIFE but it didn’t happen.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Top 3 on YouTube daily chart South Korea

Broke into Melon Daily and looks to be rising fast. #82

Was in Top 10 most searched girl groups in Melon for November. At #7 I believe

EDIT: Nvm I thought you meant AFTER newjeans as in after 2022 who had a big debut year. Anyway carry on.

피어나

• If I cooked up something good the first time around, I figured everyone would want seconds :pepegrin:

I'm really curious with how the poll results will play out :eyes:

Everyone is playing nice so far, and no fandom has been triggered ¬‿¬

• My honest opinion is that Twice had the biggest 1st year in kpop history with cheer up being one of biggest kpop groups hits on korea in the last 10 years (only behind spring day and boy with love) and TT being the 2nd biggest hit from kpop on japan (only behind dynamite), no rookie can ever dream of that outside twice. Newjeans outside spotify numbers driven by paid playlisting and the charts that depend on such paid streams haven't done anything special, like their youtube numbers are low asf, I am more impresses by blackpink having two videos hit 1 billion views from their rookie years than anything newjeans have done.

My ranking is:

Twice

Blackpink

Newjeans

Ive

• Your logic and criteria are both atrociously horrendous, but thank you for your participation.

We are all enlightened now that we can see NewJeans is the first group in history to have their company invest time and money into them :pepe-joy:

In their debut year Ive got the top 2 longest charting gg songs on melon, paks for both love dive and after like, the highest uls peak for 4th gen, 4 soty daesangs + rotys and aotys, sold 1m with a single, and the highest entry on international charts out of 4th gen and only behind bp for ggs

I'll let these facts speak for itself

LMAO @ that last IVE stat. I was lurking when you found out about that. Are you going to include that in all IVE brag posts going forward? :pepe-smug:

But I agree. They have the most impressive debut and rookie year.

If it wasn't for those meddling bunnies suddenly popping out their rabbit hole with no announcement, most of the meaningful records would belong to IVE

• No company has invested as much money in playlisting for a rookie group like hybe, that's just pure facts :pepe-toast:

• I always find it funny when this stale drag always leads back to big 3 company stans bragging about their company being worse at managing money and resources :pepe-joy:

:pepestare:

Well that certainly is one of the most opinions of all time

ask koreans and I can assure you at least they will agree more than anyone in this list
    Tell Me is considered the hit who put the idols back to the industry
    idk how they are not in your list when they humiliated SNSD :pepestare:

• I always find it funny when this stale drag always leads back to big 3 company stans bragging about their company being worse at managing money and resources :pepe-joy:

:pepestare:

Well that certainly is one of the most opinions of all time

Well nobody in big 3 had a senior group like bts making hundreds of millions so their company can invest several of those millions into spotify playlisting ;judgingpepe:

• ask koreans and I can assure you at least they will agree more than anyone in this list
    Tell Me is considered the hit who put the idols back to the industry
    idk how they are not in your list when they humiliated SNSD :pepestare:

What??? They're definitely on my list though?

Well nobody in big 3 had a senior group like bts making hundreds of millions so their company can invest several of those millions into spotify playlisting ;judgingpepe:

giphy.gif

You accused someone of doing mental gymnastics in another thread. You must have been able to utilizing your obvious experience as a gold medalist in mental gymnastics to make that assessment :pepe-joy:

• Newjeans having the bts privilege and their millions to promote is a hard fact my friend, and even with all that their first year is less impressive ;(

• Newjeans having the bts privilege and their millions to promote is a hard fact my friend, and even with all that their first year is less impressive ;(

I know, right? PayolaJeans stay rigging the game in their favor. How else can these groups from destitute, penniless companies, like YG and JYP, hope to ever compete when they have such meager resources and limited industry connections?

It's just not fair how NewJeans keep getting away with this :drinktears:

Biggest #1 song in Melon history, most PAK hours, 66 consecutive weeks in Melon Top 10, fastest group to 1 billion streams on Melon, 167 cumulative weeks in Melon Weekly top 10, 5 songs on the Billboard Hot 100--ANYONE could do those things if they paid the gatekeepers of music success enough money.

You right.

:boompepe:

• korean charts of today are like scoring goals in the saudi football league so these achievements mean almost nothing but believing newjeans have the biggest song in melon history is insane, get some help yama :pepestare:

• It's true though? You asked first year, and IVE, in their first year, did set some international records without any effort from starship

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Besides for biggest week for debut on spotify only babymonster broke the record now

External Content twitter.com

It's worth remembering that ive did that without going viral on tiktok, without big playlisting, without any articles hyping them. In fact to this day western magazines still pretend they dont exist, they'll include anything from xg to kep1er but refuse to mention ive

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• From what performance is yujin gif in your profile avatar from? :pepe-notes:

• korean charts of today are like scoring goals in the saudi football league so these achievements mean almost nothing but believing newjeans have the biggest song in melon history is insane, get some help yama :pepestare:

My brother in Christ. Ditto was #1 on every chart in Korea for over 3 straight months, breaking a record set by BTS. And the songs in #2 and #3 were also NJ songs. Lmao. Nobody TODAY has come close to doing that, but keep writing it off based on era.

I better see you reppin Seo Taiji and the Boys from now on. They didn't have a Hallyu Wave, the rapid globalization of K-Pop or even social media during their legendary run. Twice's achievements mean nothing compared to that.

It's true though? You asked first year, and IVE, in their first year, did set some international records without any effort from starship

I said I picked IVE. What are you trying to prove to me? :pepe-cringe:

• From what performance is yujin gif in your profile avatar from? :pepe-notes:

here!

External Content youtu.be

JCsIq3Q.gif

• My brother in Christ. Ditto was #1 on every chart in Korea for over 3 straight months, breaking a record set by BTS. And the songs in #2 and #3 were also NJ songs. Lmao. Nobody TODAY has come close to doing that, but keep writing it off based on era.

I better see you reppin Seo Taiji and the Boys from now on. They didn't have a Hallyu Wave, the rapid globalization of K-Pop or even social media during their legendary run. Twice's achievements mean nothing compared to that.

Just felt like doing it 💅

JCsIq3Q.gif

• My brother in Christ. Ditto was #1 on every chart in Korea for over 3 straight months, breaking a record set by BTS. And the songs in #2 and #3 were also NJ songs. Lmao. Nobody TODAY has come close to doing that, but keep writing it off based on era.

Mate let my try to explain it to you like this:

2015-2019 charts: premier league

2020-2022 charts: premier league second division

2023 charts: saudi league

scoring 100 goals in the saudi league means nothing, just like ditto doing all that and barely making numbers of a normal hit from 2018 charts, you are just fucking delusional

• Source : randkpopstan ‘s ass :thumbup:

• just facts friend, ditto doing 747M of points in 11 months and it wouldn't make 2018 top 15 on gaon, wake uuuuuuuuuppp

This is because user base in sokor is split across many services and not just melon now. Some of which aren’t even tracked by Gaon. It’s not just “one” song that’s been going down it’s the whole platform.

Do you just think South Korea in its entirety stopped listening to music or something 💀

It’s the other way round if ditto was released in 2016 it would have probably gotten some staggering metrics.

• This thread contains 28 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!