When will this forum stop giving Blackpink a pass?

• This is your hit song, guys? Seriously? Hasn't cracked 100mln after more than a year of charting. If this was Twice or Aespa song, you'd be writing dissertations how it is a "clear flop" and a sign of decline.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm curious how incredibly low the melon streams were for Set Me Free, Moonlight Sunrise, or Talk That Talk that would make you this salty.

With Melon's lower userbase these past few years, 85m isn't bad at all.

• bro put aespa in the same bracket as twice lol

aespa is definitely not considered to be "flopping" on the level of twice ANYWHERE right now

Yes they are my friend, 25M on spotify and only 63M after all those ads are not good results, half of the sales of their previous album and less than ready to be and the big shocking news for my korean charts validation friends is that drama is performing the same as talk that talk on melon:

screenshot-xn--o39an51b2re.com-2023.11.28-12_22_53.png

screenshot-xn--o39an51b2re.com-2023.11.28-12_21_31.png

Aespa deflated too soon, I even thought they were still a top tier girl group but after looking closely they lost that category last year. If you consider twice is flopping may as well add aespa to the list.

• :pepe-hips:

How does this data support the conclusion that Drama is performing similarly to Talk that Talk? I need that answer now. Are you extrapolating that from ULs alone? Please don't tell me you're pulling a page out of the Dive strategy guide, and there is some other data analytics happening here.

How does this data support the conclusion that Drama is performing similarly to Talk that Talk? I need that answer now. Are you extrapolating that from ULs alone? Please don't tell me you're pulling a page out of the Dive strategy guide, and there is some other data analytics happening here.

Well IVE the peaks and longevity but it seems like dives are living head in your rent free :teeheek:

Mate did you checked the columns which showed both drama and talk that talk are gaining similar amounts of streams in the same period of time?Almost no recent song on the top of korean charts right now is a hit, the top 10 of melon is meaningless

• this is so stupid. melon keeps changing every year. compare the ranks if u wish. or something like longevity in top 10/100. i doubt twice even hit top 10 with talk that talk.

• Mate did you checked the columns which showed both drama and talk that talk are gaining similar amounts of streams in the same period of time?Almost no recent song on the top of korean charts right now is a hit, the top 10 of melon is meaningless

This seems like cope. Also, why couldn't you just contextualize the numbers you presented and how they illustrate your overall point? Not everyone enjoys looking through tables. SUMMARIZE. Tired of these lazy debating tactics ;judgingpepe:

Also, it's all relative. In the current e environment, all songs have much lower ULs than what we're used to, but Drama is still performing much better relative to their competition than Talk that Talk did.

Why are you comparing a song that's top 2 to a song that didn't even hit the top 30? That was a very, very odd choice. I wouldn't have even quoted you if you hadn't done that. It completely invalidated and diluted your argument.

• this is so stupid. melon keeps changing every year. compare the ranks if u wish. or something like longevity in top 10/100. i doubt twice even hit top 10 with talk that talk.

You just proved my point, ranks and longevity are meaningless right now, entering the top 10 means nothing if the song is performing like scientist in the end, no a single song on the top of kcharts today is a hit until proven otherwise

• This seems like cope. Also, why couldn't you just contextualize the numbers you presented and how they illustrate your overall point? Not everyone enjoys looking through tables. SUMMARIZE. Tired of these lazy debating tactics ;judgingpepe:

Also, it's all relative. In the current e environment, all songs have much lower ULs than what we're used to, but Drama is still performing much better relative to their competition than Talk that Talk did.

Why are you comparing a song that's top 2 to a song that didn't even hit the top 30? That was a very, very odd choice. I wouldn't have even quoted you if you hadn't done that. It completely invalidated and diluted your argument.

I don't need to summarize, anyone with half a brain can see and compare those numbers and draw the right conclusions from it, if you need to be feed those things with a spoon each time please tell me so I can do it where is needed.

It's not relative, in a metric based category positions don't determine the final results but the overall count is the one doing it, and is very simple doing 1 million of streams and peaking at #80 means more success than peaking at #1 but only doing 250K, it's not hard science is just numbers.

• I don't need to summarize, anyone with half a brain can see and compare those numbers and draw the right conclusions from it, if you need to be feed those things with a spoon each time please tell me so I can do it where is needed.

It's not relative, in a metric based category positions don't determine the final results but the overall count is the one doing it, and is very simple doing 1 million of streams and peaking at #80 means more success than peaking at #1 but only doing 250K, it's not hard science is just numbers.

so like spotify. you can enter global say 1.2M stream rank #150 a few months ago. few months later you do 1.2 and cant enter top #200? but melon in the opposite way?

• I don't need to summarize, anyone with half a brain can see and compare those numbers and draw the right conclusions from it, if you need to be feed those things with a spoon each time please tell me so I can do it where is needed.

I have concerns about the half of brain you used to reach this conclusion with your numbers.

It IS all relative. Your argument would make sense if aespa had lower streams compared to the other top acts who have released music during the past half year, but we've seen Jungkook, NewJeans, AKMU, IVE and Taeyeon all come back over that time frame, and the ULs and streams remain depressed compared to what we've seen even just earlier this year.

Unless you want to claim all of those big artists flopped and their songs don't qualify as hits, which would be a laughably absurd position, this all remains relative. In thks environment, aespa's latest title track is competing for the top spot.

When EVERYONE was getting higher ULs and higher streams, relative to their competition at the time, Twice didn't hit top 30 with Talk that Talk. Did they even hit top 40?

I'm not defending aespa for laughs. But I did laugh at your attempt to remove all context and compare Drama to Talk that Talk.

Stop it. You can do better than that.

• My friend in no system where is a CLEAR COUNTER the success is relative or based on positions, the number in the counter determines the success and circumstances like how fast did it get the number, in what conditions and so comes after it to complete to clear picture.

I guess you missed all the times I said no song in the top of current charts is a hit and that the top 10 of kcharts is meaningless. So yeah that answer your question, no akmu's love lee is not even half the hit signal was despite that song spending more days at #1 than twice entire career, positions means nothing simple as that.

And mate maybe I need to put it this way for you to grasp the concept: current melon is pulling numbers the late mnet music chart and bugs were probably pulling on 2018, charting on top of those charts didn't mean a hit back then, competing for the top spot of bugs don't mean your song is successful either, that's the thing my guy I'm not explaining quantum physics to you. So let's go, you can do it, you can understand something as easy as this, I'm cheering for you.

so like spotify. you can enter global say 1.2M stream rank #150 a few months ago. few months later you do 1.2 and cant enter top #200? but melon in the opposite way?

Exactly, those genius are claiming songs are a success because of positions when we have a counter and even insight statistics to see and compare. The feels did better on spotify despite peaking below #50 than on the ground who spent days on the top of the chart, we have a counter that tell us about that.

• I didn't read most of that. If you can't communicate your thoughts intelligently without devolving into ad hominem nonsense, you don't deserve my time.

So let's do a do little experiment to assess the crux of your argument.

If Talk that Talk released this spring or summer, how do you think it would've charted?

:pepe-smug:

• Lisa working part time at McDonald’s between being the ambassador for several luxury lines wasn’t on my bingo card for 2024 but one of her songs couldnt even reach 100 million streams on melon so I guess deserved.

She's LaLovin it

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

6132d756b0e360d7f0e2a150433f78a825286b3e.webp

• I really don't care to be honest, you didn't comprehend the two images I shared at the beginning until I explained them to you so you are clearly below discussing about this topic.

How talk that talk would perform in the current weak charts is irrelevant my guy, talk that talk is a flop and songs right now are doing the same or below that flop, that's all that matters. Just because korean charts suddenly fell off in the last 3 months we won't redefine the definition of hits we had for the last 10 years.

And korean charts was the least important part of my point about aespa flopping, so you can focus on that one as much as you want, it won't change anything.

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!