Will JK in 2028 regain any of his potentials he is giving up now?

• My assessment that BTS would lose half of its popularity by now and another half by end of 2024 seems to be correct as BlackPink was named the top KPop act and NewJeans named the biggest act in Korea.

Jungkook's efforts kept the fire of BTS going but it is now extinguished and there would be no BTS going around for the first half of 2024, giving Min Heejin an exclusive control over Hybe.

I have not seen someone who turned into solo at the age of 31 and became a super star.

Justin Timberlake turned solo at the age of 21, Bad Bunny also at 21, Harry Styles at 23.

BTS' archenemy debuted as a soloist at the age of 15.

Jungkook's first solo album came out when he was 26.

===

Given Bang was trying to use Jungkook to push singers Bang felt like pushing, it is likely that Bang wanted to push JK's solo career till at least well into next year.

So it is likely that RM, who is said to have a lot of influence over JK, who convinced JK to finish the military services earlier so BTS could operate as a whole in 2025 , primarily to thwart Min Heejin's plans to order BTS around.

It seems Taehyung working with Min Heejin, showing her influence over in Hybe, alarmed RM who knows her ambitions and her desire to order BTS around.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And I think this was the last straw.

This battle is a battle between RM and Min Heejin for the control of Hybe's future, with Bang pushing whoever is bringing more profit to him. Basically it is Bang's fault to allow this kind of situation to arise.

So Jungkook is sacrifice like a pawn in this game of chess between RM, smart but less experienced, and Min Heejin, shrewd and very experienced in corporate politics. The Japanese, who excels making corporate dramas, might make a show about this , transformed into some japanese entertainment company, in the future.

However, JK will be the greatest victim of this corporate drama. The fans he gained in this round of promotion will be lost by 2028, the first year he can really resume his solo activities. Bang gave JK a carrot to allow his own brand merchandise, but it seems Hybe will get a cut.

JK's enlistment makes BTS' archenemy, who did contribute to the downfall of BTS to some significant degree,albeit indirect, the greatest soloist in Korean history of all time.

At age 31, will he realize even half of the potentials he is giving up now? I seriously doubt it. In 2028 he will realize that things are not as good as he had expected in 2023. It would not matter whether he overdoes BTS' archenemy by then - the archenemy will be 35 (1,349) and won't really care too much by that point of time.

Corporate politics consuming a great solo careeer.

• There is one very important player in this game that you have forgotten who I would rather not mention now, just let me tell you there are many many powerful people other than Bang too who want JK's solo career to thrive.

1.5 years is a measly time period, most western pop stars have that much gap or more between their releases and that only builds hype...he does not even have to release a full album, even singles and collabs can keep his solo hype going after he returns and resumes group activities.

BTS members have said that they will be balancing group work with solo work and knowing the fact that it took Jk max one week or so to record his whole album, I do not see his 2nd full album getting delayed beyond 2026, with singles and collabs coming out before it.

P.S. Jungkook is flying to LA again any time now as per rumours and he only does 2 things when he is in LA - record music and film MVs. So be seated, if anything the last 1.5 years have shown me is that Jeon Jungkook is very intelligent and perceptive and knows better than anyone else what needs to be done to achieve his goal...aka of becoming a giant pop star. As long as he has the same drive and ambition after he returns, sky will be the limit for him.

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• I've always been in favor of rolling enlistments, i dont like the idea of all members doing their service at the same time for any group. If female idols all had to serve, i would always choose to have them go separately so i could still get regular fanservice and music related content with subunit comebacks.

I read somewhere that JK didnt have to go until 2027. WOuldnt it have made more sense for him to stay and continue to promote as a soloist for 2024, and then back with the whole group in the reunion comeback in 2025? He could spend all of 2025 and 2026 promoting the group comeback.

• I've always been in favor of rolling enlistments, i dont like the idea of all members doing their service at the same time for any group. If female idols all had to serve, i would always choose to have them go separately so i could still get regular fanservice and music related content with subunit comebacks.

I read somewhere that JK didnt have to go until 2027. WOuldnt it have made more sense for him to stay and continue to promote as a soloist for 2024, and then back with the whole group in the reunion comeback in 2025? He could spend all of 2025 and 2026 promoting the group comeback.

Yet now they can come back and promote as a group without enlistment hanging over their heads...

• JK and Taehyung are screwed

Yes, they are. They are done as global superstars.

Taehyung could have seeked a hollywood career, showing up in a major movie. The careers of Lee Byunghun, etc, who went to hollywood in their 40s were not impressive and all of them returned to Korea , even Don Lee, who is an American but makes most of his income from Korea.

• Geffen? Scooter Brown? Or some head of a recording studio?

Whatever their powers are, the machinations of Min Heejin triumphed them. KPop destroyed by internal politics in Korea, which I want to hypernate so badly, is the whole theme of KPop where someone who cannot fill an arena outside of Korea is held in the same regard with BTS and over BlackPink and everyone else.

• Geffen? Scooter Brown? Or some head of a recording studio?

Whatever their powers are, the machinations of Min Heejin triumphed them. KPop destroyed by internal politics in Korea, which I want to hypernate so badly, is the whole theme of KPop where someone who cannot fill an arena outside of Korea is held in the same regard with BTS and over BlackPink and everyone else.

MHJ is nobody compared to these powerful people, heck she is nobody in front of BTS, so while I spent time responding to your dramatic fictional tale, we all know what the reality is and who has how much power.

• Yes, they are. They are done as global superstars.

Taehyung could have seeked a hollywood career, showing up in a major movie. The careers of Lee Byunghun, etc, who went to hollywood in their 40s were not impressive and all of them returned to Korea , even Don Lee, who is an American but makes most of his income from Korea.

Another thread to bookmark :pepe-notes:

• Let’s predict who Whyknock will obsess about once all of the BTS members are in the military. Which idol or group will get essays upon essays about them by Whyknock?

I don't think you were here when I wrote about the singer who contributed nothing to Kpop in her entire career. Since she is likely to creep back into the industry after BTS members are gone, I will have plenty to write about the damages she will cause to KPop next year.

• MHJ is nobody compared to these powerful people, heck she is nobody in front of BTS, so while I spent time responding to your dramatic fictional tale, we all know what the reality is and who has how much power.

but she thwarted the plans of these powerful figures by exerting enough pressure to RM who had to fight her and led JK to enlist prematurely

Min Heejin is kind of the same as whyknock.s favorite subject, who might not be relevant outside of Korea but she exerts enough pressure in Korea to force everyone to at least spend some time in the domestic activities

The pressures from the Armies to perform whole as a group was too great, and if he got too popular, he might have become like Harry Styles and strike on his own, which was something the Armies who wanted everyone to be in the same group did not like.

Plus Min Heejin's influence is growing in Hybe by leaps and bounds, and with BTS scattered and Taehyung even working with Min Heejin, RM had to do something to prevent all of BTS being subject to her.

• He just put out a full album and he’ll only be gone for around 18 months. I would expect his next album to come out in 2026 some time, less than 2 and a half years after his first. A pretty standard wait in Western terms.

2026 is full time concerts around the world. He might find time to release a digital single but without the ability to do tours what good that would be?

• The pressures from the Armies to perform whole as a group was too great, and if he got too popular, he might have become like Harry Styles and strike on his own, which was something the Armies who wanted everyone to be in the same group did not like.

Plus Min Heejin's influence is growing in Hybe by leaps and bounds, and with BTS scattered and Taehyung even working with Min Heejin, RM had to do something to prevent all of BTS being subject to her.

1. Jungkook is an adult, he can make his own choices. Why are you trying to make it seem like RM forced him to enlist early?

2. Tae can work with whoever he wants.

3. RM doesn't give a fck about min heejin.

4. BTS will be back in 2025 and jk will still have a successful solo career

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• but she thwarted the plans of these powerful figures by exerting enough pressure to RM who had to fight her and led JK to enlist prematurely

Min Heejin is kind of the same as whyknock.s favorite subject, who might not be relevant outside of Korea but she exerts enough pressure in Korea to force everyone to at least spend some time in the domestic activities

MHJ is a nobody in front of BTS. Period. Anyway, convo getting boring, will bump this in 2025 now directly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!