I think it's fair to say Babymonster's debut has been underwhelming

• I'm not trying to pile on, since this isn't exactly a hot take given the response to their debut single, but when you debut from the company that gave us 2NE1 and BLACKPINK, the comparisons are inevitable.

I wasn't a K-Pop fan when 2NE1 debuted, but I remember the BP debut, and it felt like a whole event. I remember the buzz and excitement the day/night of their debut, with the pre-debut hype up videos leading into their official song drops.

When BlackPink debuted, you could instantly feel the paradigm shift beginning to take shape, and everyone knew it was a matter of "when" not "if" they would take over. I didn't need months or years to get that feeling; it was obvious when they debuted. It was one of those "you remember where you were" moments during 3rd gen.

The equivalent to that in 4th gen SHOULD have been Babymonster, but it ended up being a group that shock debuted a year earlier.

I am not writing BM off by any means, and their next comeback could be absolutely amazing, but this is definitely a missed opportunity by YG.

My ted talk is done.

• The equivalent to that in 4th gen SHOULD have been Babymonster, but it ended up being a group that shock debuted a year earlier.

So fcking extra mind you it hasn’t even 24 since their debut

I know this forum will do a 180 switch if their debut charts well or some shit

Maybe ador should hire you cause you sure know how to shove nugu jeans down everyone’s throat

• Their debut was terrible. I don't really care if they chart well, since I know most bad songs from big 4 companies will chart if the fandom is mass streaming, but all I know is this is the worst gg song YG has put out in a while. Even BP's worst title tracks are better than whatever this was.

The MV was all over the place, the song was bad, and the choreography was weird. This does not look like a girl group from a big 4 company at all. It's really disappointing. But I already knew the song would be bad, YG produced it. Bring back teddy idc if people hate him at least his debut song would've been way better.

Babymonster to me hold no candle to New Jeans, IVE, Lesserafim, or Aespa right now. When Blackpink and 2ne1 debuted, it was an immediate shut down, with babymonsters, I did not move one inch for their debut. I was not excited.

• It was trending #1 before it dropped, we will see how high it debuts on the charts.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It was trending #1 before it dropped, we will see how high it debuts on the charts.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

when does it debut?

• We are finally in agreement. I dont think Batter is a terrible song but it doesnt really stand out, kinda average.

But compared to 2NE1 and BP....well....there is just no comparison. Folks were shading and hating on Boombaya, how many times have dullards called it "noisy" and "messy" but that song literally changed the course of Kpop and was THE cultural reset of Kpop before Blue Beans debuted last year.

Just look at how the BTS boys were jamming to the legendary beat drop.

External Content youtu.be

And Whistle which i consider massively overrated ended up to be huge in Korea earning PAKs on debut. It was perfect, they had BBY for foreign fans and Whistle for locals.

And yes, 2NE1 debuted with a fire song as well, no one talks about it but I Dont Care was a massive bop as well, top 3 song from them.

External Content www.youtube.com

• You can say the debut was underwhelming to you, but not overall. To that you need numbers. And as far as i know, they are doing great numbers in youtube. Lets see how the song goes in the charts.

No, I don't really need numbers. This isn't about charting.

If you were around for BLACKPINK's debut, you know what I mean when I say it was an event that captured the attention of the entire industry and then they debuted with two strong entries, especially Whistle, which is still a top 3 BP song for me.

So fcking extra mind you it hasn’t even 24 since their debut

Maybe ador should hire you cause you sure know how to shove nugu jeans down everyone’s throat

I can't imagine being this pugnacious and belligerent in literally every single thread on a forum. If you get triggered by other people's opinions on the Internet this much, this might not be the medium for you.

• It's too soon for paradigm shift since NewJeans debut, it's been only a year lol. I predict it be at least at the middle of 5th gen for another paradigm shift from unexpected group.

:pepepizza:

• when does it debut?

Some charts don't update in the middle of the night hours in Korea, so we should start to see them refreshed now (it does not mean we will see the song chart, it has to reach like top 200 for chart accounts to talk about it).

For example

• We are finally in agreement

It's about damn ti--

And Whistle which i consider massively overrated

No. No, I don't think we'll be seeing eye to eye on music anytime soon :pepe-torch:

It's too soon for paradigm shift since NewJeans debut, it's been only a year lol. I predict it be at least at the middle of 5th gen for another paradigm shift from unexpected group.

:pepepizza:

That surprise debut really disrupted the 4th gen timeline

• so its out of ever

Some charts don't update in the middle of the night hours in Korea, so we should start to see them refreshed now (it does not mean we will see the song chart, it has to reach like top 200 for chart accounts to talk about it).

For example

so its out of everything right now? i cant find them

• When BlackPink debuted, you could instantly feel the paradigm shift beginning to take shape, and everyone knew it was a matter of "when" not "if" they would take over. I didn't need months or years to get that feeling; it was obvious when they debuted. It was one of those "you remember where you were" moments during 3rd gen.

I really feel like every thread about any group AKP users make is just a psyop to make people subconsciously believe in BP's superiority. Like wtf is this, mate, please respect yourself a bit.

• I can't imagine being this pugnacious and belligerent in literally every single thread on a forum. If you get triggered by other people's opinions on the Internet this much, this might not be the medium for you.

I’m not the one making baity threads and going in tantrum mode when nobody agrees with my opinions :pepe-tea:

• I’m not the one making baity threads and going in tantrum mode when nobody agrees with my opinions :pepe-tea:

If I wanted to talk to myself, I'd just have a conversation with the voices in my head. It's a public forum. Nobody is creating threads here with the hope nobody will respond. Not every opinion shared is a bait. Stop being so paranoid and comically hostile.

I really feel like every thread about any group AKP users make is just a psyop to make people subconsciously believe in BP's superiority. Like wtf is this, mate, please respect yourself a bit.

What? :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

• No, I don't really need numbers. This isn't about charting.

If you were around for BLACKPINK's debut, you know what I mean when I say it was an event that captured the attention of the entire industry and then they debuted with two strong entries, especially Whistle, which is still a top 3 BP song for me.

I can't imagine being this pugnacious and belligerent in literally every single thread on a forum. If you get triggered by other people's opinions on the Internet this much, this might not be the medium for you.

Nah, it was just a bunch of stans hyping them up.

I remember users making thread even before they debuted based on training videos and such, proclaiming that they were already the best kpop group in the world and such.

Eventually BP did catch up to the hype, something that for example AESPA has not being able to do (they did for a short while).

• So fcking extra mind you it hasn’t even 24 since their debut

Almost every piece of hype and attention Baemon is receiving is because they are from YG and because they come after BP. Some members have some buzz, but almost nobody is showing excitement for the group or debut song like they did for BP.

• No, I don't really need numbers. This isn't about charting.

Well, Comparing their debut with one of the most popular debut ever is kinda unfair.
    Also, if they top the charts and they do great numbers in foreing platforms your statement will be invalid. Thats why i say better wait.

• Nah, it was just a bunch of stans hyping them up.

I remember users making thread even before they debuted based on training videos and such, proclaiming that they were already the best kpop group in the world and such.

Eventually BP did catch up to the hype, something that for example AESPA has not being able to do (they did for a short while).

I mean, that energy doesn't exist at all for BM, and I'm not blaming them for it. This is YG's blunder.

The most popular member dropping out of the debut not even 2 weeks before said debut was a killer, not to mention the multiple fakeouts on their actual debut date. They can do that and be fine in the tail end of the 2nd gen and beginning of 3rd gen, but this isn't 2015/2016 anymore. It's about to be 2024. Girl groups are absolutely dominating K-Pop at an almost unprecedented level--these mistakes and outdated methods can't happen without consequence any longer.

Once BP was actually announced officially, YG had zero missteps in the countdown to their debut. And the hype was tremendous. I know because I was the killjoy later on that year telling Blinks to cool their jets and let BlackPink earn the crown first :pepe-shrug:

• Well, Comparing their debut with one of the most popular debut ever is kinda unfair.
    Also, if they top the charts and they do great numbers in foreing platforms your statement will be invalid. Thats why i say better wait.

Is it unfair? They're a YG girl group. The expectations are always going to be high when your sunbaes are 2NE1 and BLACKPINK. YG has only ever debuted 2 girl groups before BM, and both had legendary debuts and became legendary groups.

I'm more than happy to be wrong about this. My ability to jinx the outcome of anything that can have an outcome is second to none :pepe-shrug:

• Here is the firs number I have seen

• Well Batter Up isn’t produced by Teddy, he’s the only difference……All hail KING TEDDY creator of 2NE1 and BP……I don’t want to hear blinks complain about him ever again!!!!!

• Just to make sure I wasn't being a prisoner of the moment and subconsciously forming biases due to a potential AKP echo chamber, I went to reddit to see if perhaps the song was landing better there.

The reactions are even worse.

I really think YG needed to evolve or mix up the formula for the song they gave BM, and the MV could have also been more than just static set pieces to show off their outfits.

I... :pepe-shame:

I was really looking forward to this. Some people think I'm a hater, but a YG girl group is what got me hooked into K-Pop. When BP debuted, I knew they would take and wear the mantle well (I wish I could find my old threads on that other forum where I said they weren't 2NE1 lite) as the next group up after 2NE1.

Baemon can still do that; it's just one release, but in a race, sometimes how you start has a huge impact on how you finish.

• Anyway Korea seems to be loving GGs LSFM and Aespa don’t have huge debuts but were able to amass a lot of hype with their following releases. Gidle took years before they hit the top as well. Other than New Jeans everyone took a bit to see he top. Better to be that way instead of like Itzy who faded after their first hit.

Let’s see what direction baemon takes in the coming years.

Anyway as more YG groups flop, the more joy it gives me so no complaints from my side regardless of how they perform :pepe-cringe:

• Is this about to evolve into a BM Digital Tracking Thread? :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Nah, users will start 5 other threads eventually.

See here is one already

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!