So we just not gonna talk about Le Sserafim taking over the NBA for a whole night?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My two worlds colliding in a way I've never seen and would've never predicted even 3 years ago

The Laker Girls even performed to Antifragile

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And got a picture with freaking MAGIC JOHNSON

They're getting promoted not only by the Lakers but ESPN and the NBA itself.

Wow.

Now THAT'S how you pop off in the states

Bonus Clips:

LSF going to their seats:

And then getting put on Dance Cam:

• Go to Best Answer
  • ngl lesserafim are havings some REALLY good US promotions for a kpop group

I have never in my life seen an entire K-Pop group get promo'd this hard by the NBA, and I am a huge basketball junkie.

This wasn't just some random game either. It was the game of the night with at minimum 5 Hall of Fame players on the court (and one in street clothes watching from the bench).

Getting so much promo during a Lakers/Clippers rivalry game is massive.

Wouldn't be shocked if they got pictures with LeBron before they leave

• the K-pop and NBA crossover

Well played.

I'm ready for this next evolution of K-Pop fan wars where stans argue over which group got promoted by the best NBA franchise :pepe-joy:

ADOR just needs to keep NewJeans away from the cursed franchises of New York.

Maybe they can get the Warriors or Celtics.

• Then there's Jordan Poole liking a Momo post... Yeah, that was a huge deal at the time for us Warriors fans.

Was this before or after Draymond banished him to the Shadow Realm during practice? :pepe-joy:

Warriors, please. It works with the vibe. NewJeans in blue and gold just makes sense.

giphy.gif

I'm okay with my two worlds colliding a little more now.

I can't think of anything I've invested way too much of my emotional stamina into more than the NBA and K-Pop LOL

• So do you partake in NBA fanwars on TW and Reddit? Is that what you do when you're not over here spamming NJ's accomplishments :pepe-hips:

• As a GSW fan, I'm petty about the Lakers getting this much love from K-pop groups despite the fact that we've been the bigger force in recent years.

Unfortunately the Lakers will always flaunt their decades of winning titles (just ignore the 90s and pretty much all the 2010s other than 2010 itself of course) and being one of the two most storied franchises in the NBA (other being the Celtics), even though the Warriors have been an actual dynasty for a decade.

I would personally be thrilled to see NewJeans hanging out with the Warriors. Other than Draymond, they're way more likeable LOL

LOL

External Content x.com

giphy.gif

As the biggest LeBron hater on Planet Earth, I'm trying so hard not to unstan one of my favorite idols right now

• You know Dwight Howard loves Stray Kids

Am I reading too deeply into this or did you just...Oh my :eyes:

So do you partake in NBA fanwars on TW and Reddit? Is that what you do when you're not over here spamming NJ's accomplishments

Because sports fans are toxic by default, I've written more essays than I'll admit to about my favorite players and why I hate LeBron.

In short, yes :spammerpepe:

But K-Pop mellowed me out. Somewhat. At least I try to be waaaaay nicer in K-Pop discussions ;-)

• But yup, the K-pop and NBA crossover (no pun intended) is lovely to see for those of us who love both worlds. I'm going to need one of these groups to team up with the Warriors, though. I'm getting tired of all the spotlight LA is getting. :thumbdown:

My good man, you know all about the root of these collabs - visibility. As much resect as i have for the Warriors, I was still alive and an NBA fan when they had like 3 fans that all lived in their mama's basement. Their success is very "recent" when put in perspective to the Lakers who have been front runners for decades. So in terms of legacy and the visibility that goes along with it, you really can't beat the Lakers. GSW has definitely arrived and they are a force to be reckoned with now, but you have to admit there is no question which team can provide more visibility to these collabs.

And I say this as a diehard Heat fan. Not like any KPOP groups are coming our way, at all, so.

• I have to wonder. What's your team then?

:pepe-cringe:

Let's just say it's a team that will never ever get a K-Pop collaboration unless I become a billionaire and pay a big company myself. Something I totally would do without hesitation by the way.

But I am confident in saying I'm the biggest Kevin Durant fan on the entire Internet. That information alone is enough for any NBA fan to know how many battles I've been in with other fans :pepe-firing:

But I don't think there is a team in the league that could top the Lakers in K-Pop style media play. Pretty much the way they get all their big name player acquisitions is with the pitch "We're the Lakers. Look at our history. Come wear the purple and gold and become one of our many legendary players."

I wouldn't be shocked if Hybe could use a pitch like that today to bring in top trainees.

• Oh wait, I'd be remiss not to post this:

• i knew suga was a fan of that korean pitcher (sorry can’t spell his name lol) and took some photos with the dodgers, but I didn’t know they actually endorsed bts-themed merch lol good for them ig. The NY or B shirts for butter era don’t really count tho, i don’t think, bc those ny / boston logos are synonymous with mlb’s clothing brand worldwide - in a similar vein to people around the world donning all sorts of clothes/hats/merch with the NY logo stamped on them without even knowing what yankees means lol. I highly doubt the red sox really care about the kpop market; if anything japanese players are a hotter commodity rn for mlb and northeastern teams it seems

• i knew suga was a fan of that korean pitcher (sorry can’t spell his name lol) and took some photos with the dodgers, but I didn’t know the team actually endorsed bts-themed merch lol good for them ig. The B shirts for butter era don’t really count tho, i don’t think, bc that boston logo is synonymous with mlb’s clothing brand worldwide - in a similar vein to people around the world donning all sorts of clothes/hats/merch with the NY logo stamped on them without even knowing what yankees means lol. I highly doubt the red sox really care about the kpop market; if anything japanese players are a hotter commodity rn for mlb and northeastern teams it seems

Well I don't disagree, I'm just saying - an MLB team has tried to capitalize - and the collab was marketed heavily in Japan too. But yea, just like not every NBA team is collabing with a kpop group, not ever MLB team has or cares.

• Lakers ig profile admins are even commenting now on girls profiles on instagram lol it's crazy

External Content www.instagram.com

haha and Chaemin commented on Eunchae profile that he is very jealous xD

• also I think it was set with NBA because Sakura also posted "thanks NBA" with hashtag #LE_SSERAFIMxNBA

• selfmate and I have been saying this for a while now. ^^

But yup, the K-pop and NBA crossover (no pun intended) is lovely to see for those of us who love both worlds. I'm going to need one of these groups to team up with the Warriors, though. I'm getting tired of all the spotlight LA is getting. :thumbdown:

I watched the highlights - great game...

like the lakers won their first over the clippers in like 12 games or something

• This thread contains 43 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!