So I only know about Gidle comeback today and why the sales are lower than their previous cb?

• I know it's an English album, but it usually only affects the Korean charts, not album sales. I am very confused.

Anyway, if that's the case, I hope that Cube can just stop making them releasing English album in the near future and just focus on promoting Gidle in Asia, especially Korea and China. I think that not all groups fit in the west and don't even need to promote themselves there. Some groups naturally have it, but for those who don't, it is not a wise strategy to release albums for promotion there, especially if they are doing very well in their own country. It's better to focus on their strongest markets first. If they want to test the water, they can just release an English single as one of their TT in their normal album. Like most groups did.

Gidle is still a new top group. They had 3 hits in a row in Korea so this English released feel too soon especially when their album sales showing their biggest market obviously in Asian countries. Maybe just me. But it will be amazing if they try to expand the group in Japan instead. They already have Korea and China, the two biggest consumer of kpop so Japan will be a huge bonus. They have the most loyal kpop fans.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Didn’t NCT also had lower sales? It might be a Chuseok thing? But I agree that this comeback was weird, it made no noise.

But Chuseok already end last week. Idk about Nct but dang from 600k to barely 100k for their English released is really surprising. Their audiences obviously didn't enjoy this cb as much as their Korean one.

• But Chuseok already end last week. Idk about Nct but dang from 600k to barely 100k for their English released is really surprising. Their audiences obviously didn't enjoy this cb as much as their Korean one.

No. Chuseok was on the 29th but it was a holiday until Tuesday included. The whole country was dead for a week. I think it’s better to wait at least 1 week although digital/streaming numbers are also not good.

• No. Chuseok was on the 29th but it was a holiday until Tuesday included. The whole country was dead for a week. I think it’s better to wait at least 1 week although digital/streaming numbers are also not good.

Yeah but gidle and nct cb is yesterday not on Tuesday. Everything supposed to work just like a normal day after that, right?

• I think that this is marketed as Special Album

so maybe kind of with limited number of copies?

who knows

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A bit busy so also didn't know they made an English album.

Just started playing it.

Don't agree with your reasons for not making an English album.

Groups have released Japanese albums for decades now and gotten great success there.

Now that Kpop is worldwide, it's a good strategy to also make English music.

Don't want them to do English only or anything, but diversifying languages increases the chances of success in more places.

If one of their songs goes viral worldwide, then it would be even more amazing for them and chances on that are bigger when the music is in English.

Also, I noticed that when I introduce Kpop to friends, it works best if I give them an English song first.

Once they start liking that, they are more likely to want more from that group/artist.

It's how I made new ARMY ;-)

• Op did say that an English single is fine but the whole album is a bit too much I guess with no obvious demand from there. Bts themselves never released a full English album despite being really huge there instead releasing an English single with full Korean album. Bp also still releasing Korean album in each of their few cb even with huge demands in the US. There must be reasons why both of this group never do that as a group even with their high popularity there compared to everyone in kpop. And Gidle definitely charted better in Japan than US.

The problem with gidle I see here is their fans are mostly in Asian region and love their Korean songs with Soyeon touch. They didn't have much demand outside of it. I doubted that most of that sales even coming from US. As OP stated, demand is everything. Why chasing a market that not welcome them that much and not just strengthening their footing in their major market instead. They're still not that stable and just currently become really popular in Korea and China. This is too early.

• I was wondering if any groups that have English releases doing better than KR ones.

Look like English releases are treated the same as JP releases :skull:

• Many Neverlands didn't buy due to no credits.

It's a western focused (specifically US focused with how hard it is to buy outside the US) album.

You're also looking at the Korean sales chart. Of course a western label releasing a western focused album is not going to have many Korean sales. I don't expect much more Billboard - but I do know OF the people buying it, many focused on Billboard sales sites, not Korean sales sites.

Any concern is overblown. Special EP just means it's like a JP album or an OST.

• Bp also still releasing Korean album in each of their few cb even with huge demands in the US. There must be reasons why both of this group never do that as a group even with their high popularity there compared to everyone in kpop.

Bad example blackpink songs are 80% english lyrics sprinkled with few korean lines, billboard considered born pink an english album and didnt allow it on the world album chart. It works for blackpink on both markets because they get massive promo in both, gidle didnt get that much in any.

• You most have me on ignore if you just found out.

• a very weird move by CUBE / gidle

First, their core fanbase is in ASIA region. They dont seem to have a big following in the West

Second, the promotion for this album is so bad that most dont even know GIDLE has a new album

Third, bad title track choice. I still think Soyeon knows what kind of sound suits the girls best. This song is nice as B side but not impactful as title. Miyeon's prechorus is the only redemption part

• Bad example blackpink songs are 80% english lyrics sprinkled with few korean lines, billboard considered born pink an english album and didnt allow it on the world album chart. It works for blackpink on both markets because they get massive promo in both, gidle didnt get that much in any.

What is bad example when it's just a reality that Bp still didn't released a full English album or marketed their album that way. They still have Korean lyrics in their songs which make it more acceptable in Asian market especially in Korea and still have Teddy as their main producer no matter how west side view it.

Not like Gidle TT from Tomboy, Nxde to Queencard lyrics are not 80% in English too. And who tf tell Cube and 88rising not to promote them? So why released it at the first place? To get free money? If they have huge demands there, I can understand this tactic but boy, they have so little demand there so what's the point?

And Bp get massive promo in both side? Where? Did you tripping cuz they just go to two music show for Born Pink and call it a day. Not their fault that they're just that relevant enough in both sides which something that gidle still never had to begin with to even weirdly releasing an English album with no demand at all.

• Not like Gidle TT from Tomboy, Nxde to Queencard lyrics are not 80% in English too.

Tomboy maybe, but Queencard and Nxde actually have a fair amount of Korean, definitely majority Korean in Nxde.

Nxde -

Why you think that ’bout nude
    ’Cause your view’s so rude
    Think outside the box
    Then you’ll like it

Hello my name is 예삐 예삐요
    말투는 멍청한 듯 몸매는 섹시 섹시요
    그럼 다이아 박힌 티아라 하나에
    내가 퍽이나 웃게 퍽이나 웃게

뒤틀려버린 로렐라이 Don’t need no man
    철학에 미친 독서광 Self-made woman
    싸가지없는 이 Story에 무지 황당한
    야유하는 관객들 You tricked me you’re a liar

아 발가벗겨져 버린 Movie star
    아 별빛이 깨져버린 밤
    꼴이 볼품없대도 망가진다 해도
    다신 사랑받지 못한대도

Yes I’m a nude
    Nude 따따랏따라
    Yes I’m a nude
    Nude I don’t give a love

Baby how do I look, how do I look
    아리따운 날 입고 따따랏따라
    아리따운 날 입고 따따랏따라

(Ouch!)
    실례합니다 여기 계신 모두
    야한 작품을 기대하셨다면
    Oh I’m sorry 그딴 건 없어요
    환불은 저쪽 대중은 흥미 없는 정보
    그 팝콘을 던져도 덤덤
    행복과 반비례 평점
    But my 정점 멋대로 낸 편견은 토할 거 같지

아 발가벗겨져 버린 Movie star
    아 더 부끄러울 게 없는 밤
    꼴이 볼품없대도 어쩌면 네게도
    다신 사랑받지 못한대도

Yes I’m a nude
    Nude 따따랏따라
    Yes I’m a nude
    Nude I don’t give a love

아리따운 날 입고 따따랏따라
    아리따운 날 입고 따따랏따라

Um ha um ha um ha um
    Yes I'm a nude
    Yes I'm a nude
    Now I draw a luxury nude

Why you think that ’bout nude
    ’Cause your view’s so rude
    Think outside the box
    까고 말해

아리따운 나의 누드
    아름다운 나의 누드
    I’m born nude
    변태는 너야
    Rude

Queencard -

Hey you
    뭘 보니? 내가 좀 Sexy Sexy 반했니
    Ye you
    뭐 하니? 너도 내 Kiss Kiss 원하니

월 화 수 목 금 토 일 미모가 쉬지를 않네
    머리부터 발끝까지 눈부셔 빛이 나네
    Oh 저기 언니야들 내 Fashion을 따라 하네
    아름다운 여자의 하루는 다 아름답네

이 Party에 준비된 Birthday cake
    태어나서 감사해 Every day
    I don’t need them
    그래 내가 봐도 난

퀸카 I’m hot
    My boob and booty is hot
    Spotlight 날
    I’m a star star star

퀸카 I’m the top
    I’m twerking on the runway
    I am a 퀸카
    You wanna be the 퀸카

I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a I’m a I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a 퀸카 (Take a photo)

I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a I’m a I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a 퀸카

Look so cool look so sexy like Kim Kardashian
    Look so cute look so pretty like Ariana
    I wanna with you 뽀뽀
    I wanna with you 포옹
    자꾸 예뻐져 거울 속 너어~

이 Party에 준비된 Blue Champagne
    태어난 걸 축하해 Every day
    I don’t need them
    그래 내가 봐도 난

퀸카 I’m hot
    My boob and booty is hot
    Spotlight 날 봐
    I’m a star star star

퀸카 I’m the top
    I’m twerking on the runway
    I am a 퀸카
    You wanna be the 퀸카

I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a I’m a I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a 퀸카 (Take a photo)

I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a I’m a I’m a 퀸카
    I’m a 퀸카

아무거나 걸친 Girl 퀸카카카
    마르거나 살찐 Girl 퀸카카카
    자신감 넘치는 Girl 퀸카카카
    I am a 퀸카
    You wanna be the 퀸카

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!