Do you think it's possible for Everglow to be as popular as they were again?

• It's sad because I don't think we've seen their full potential at all. Forget Korea too, I just mean internationally since it's beyond obvious that they'll never be big in Korea.

c o p e

20230919-041924.gif

• Probably not.

KPOP has moved on, and people are already talking about 5th gen.

They would need a national hit to help them at this point. Yuehua fucked it up by sending Yiren to China and having them go on hiatus for like 2 years. They have not had time to develop a strong fanbase, and their physical sales have stagnated. If Yuehua does not invest in giving them consistent comebacks going forward, they won't be able to build a fanbase, and they will probably disband after they finish their 7 year contract.

That's my sad prediction of their future.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Sadly, this is what I think too. 💔

c o p e

20230919-041924.gif

• They had their window of opportunity (they seemed popular with Western multi stans and were casually listened to a lot by people who stanned other groups) to make it big.

I don't think they ever had a big devoted fandom. In the end, having multi stans like you while they like about 30 other groups as well, isn't going to pay the bills. Still they could have climbed from that and got that devoted fandom, but they just stopped.

A shame because they were just quite that bit different and could have been at least on Dreamcatcher level.

• OMG, Brave Girls, and even Eunbi's resurgence have proven that. But it takes a whole bunch of luck/fortuitous timing to break through for nugu groups.

Oh My Girl were always building in popularity, and then had Queendom where they performed very well. Nonstop going high was better and pushed them higher, but it wasn't like they were some nugu korean group before hand. They had always been bubbling just under beforehand.

I remain completely convinced that people in international circles have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to Oh My Girl.

Brave Girls is the actual legit viral success that could occur.

Eunbi's 'resurgence' remains to be seen, as it's come about in a very specific way that won't or can't be replicated by girl groups. Her release after this 'resurgence' kind of went nowhere, too.

Of those 3, legitimately Brave Girls is the only one that you could use as an example of something that could occur to Everglow.

But I wouldn't count on Everglow with their Chinese member and Chinese Label lining up doing military concerts in the way Brave Girls did to go viral.

• Possible, we've seen time and time again, you really just need to get lucky once with a great release to sky rocket to the top overnight.

Realistically, probably not. Unfortunately, Everglows main draw and appeal revolved around riding the girl crush wave back in 2018+. Now that most people have moved away from girl crush, it's hard to gain enough traction to move up without anything to grab on to.

• Wut? OMG themselves literally said they were gonna disband if Secret Garden didnt succeed lol. They werent bubbling under anything except the dreaded pink slip until they finally got their first win.

This popular girl group almost disbanded three years ago because they were unpopular
    Recently, popular girl group Oh My Girl revealed a story of the difficult times they had gone through in the past. The girl group confessed …
    www.allkpop.com

Eunbi's resurgence isnt about her digital charting, it's about her being a lot more visible, being invited to Amazing Saturday, Knowing Bros, and other popular Korean shows, plus promotional/endorsement deals with the most recent being Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein.

• Wut? OMG themselves literally said they were gonna disband if Secret Garden didnt succeed lol.

Yeah but you're talking about a 'breakthrough'.

They succeeded with Secret Garden, then they went onto Queendom, then they got to non-stop. They didn't breakthrough immediately, they had enough success to keep building on to get the big time song.

Everglow already have show wins, they've had the 'breakthrough' and appearances similar to what Oh My Girl had during Secret Garden. But they can't take the next step.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!