WHY IS TWICE STILL NOT TOURING IN TAIWAN????

• WHAT COULD BE THE REASON TWICE STILL WONT TOUR IN TAIWAN?? 27

1. DOGSHIT CHINESE INVESTORS WHO CONTROL NEARLY 60 % OF JYP STILL UPSET A 16 YR OLD GIRL WAVED HER COUNTRY'S FLAG 10 YRS AGO (12) 44%
    2. JYP IS A COWARD (8) 30%
    3. JYP HAS NO CONTROL AND IS AT THE MERCY OF HIS CHINESE INVESTORS AND THEY IMPLICITLY TOLD JYP THAT THEY STILL CANT FORGIVE A 16 YR OLD GIRL AND IS STILL TRYING TO PUNISH HER FOR WAVING A FLAG (5) 19%
    4. JYP IS HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH A CHINESE NATIONALIST WHO IS JEALOUS OF ONE OF TWICE MEMBERS AND IS PUNISHING A WHOLE NATION OUT OF SPITE (5) 19%
    5. TWICE ISNT POPULAR IN TAIWAN (4) 15%
    6. JYP IS DUMB (2) 7%
    7. JYPE IS DUMB (2) 7%
    8. TAIWAN PRESIDENT IMPLICITLY TOLD TWICE NOT TO COME IN FEAR OF CCP RETALIATION (1) 4%

IT'S BEEN NEARLY A DECADE SINCE THE 'SCANDAL" (which really wasn't even a scandal - a 16 yr old girl just waved the flag of her country, and chinese nationalists LOST THEIR COLLECTIVE BORG MINDS)

.. AND STILL TWICE IS NOT TOURING IN THAT POOR 16 YR OLD'S HOME COUNTRY???

WHAT COULD BE THE REASON??????

• Now would be the perfect time to do a concert there, since china is a shithole as of late. The Chinese population is not very happy with the ccp.

But as you said, all those Chinese investors and jype being too afraid of going against the grain.

• Now would be the perfect time to do a concert there, since china is a shithole as of late. The Chinese population is not very happy with the ccp.

But as you said, all those Chinese investors and jype being too afraid of going against the grain.

i .. just dont understand.

twice is still HUGE in taiwan so what are the cons to having a concert there??

the investors make money.

the girls make money

jyp makes money

the girls and onces in taiwan are happy.... they unite

there literally is NO downside in any area - not to the investors, not to the girls, not to taiwan, not to jype.. NOBODY GETS HURT and everyone is HAPPY - including the dumb chinese investors.

this is so illogical and asinine that jYPE is still maintaining this stance.

ITZY literally had a concert in Taiwan earlier this year , so why not Twice???? THEY'RE FROM THE SAME COMPANY FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!

• It’s not worth it. I think a lot of the world, is realizing upsetting all of china for Taiwan isn’t worth it.

Better to just tour in mainland china.

• It’s not worth it. I think a lot of the world, is realizing upsetting all of china for Taiwan isn’t worth it.

China influence and power decrease a lot, now would the best time to do that.

No kpop act will be touring china for the foreseeable future.

BRO... ITZY AND BP HAD SOLD OUT CONCERTS IN TAIWAN EARLIER THIS YEAR! NOBODY CARES ANYMORE.

AND WHAT'S CHINA GONNA DO?? BOYCOTT KOREAN PRODUCTS AGAIN?? SET FIRE TO THEIR PRODUCTS??? IT'S ALL BEEN DONE

• they can if they wanted to but maybe they don't since they're isn't enough fans there?

I mean you mentioned BP and Itzu who have toured there...

also note that Gidle have also toured in Taiwan with a Taiwanese member

so who knows why JYPE won't let them...

• Because they want to protect Tzuyu. Why would you want Tzuyu to go through that shit again? You already know those Chinese people will bring it up again and attack Tzuyu relentlessly and bombard her instagram. Why put Tzuyu through that mental hell again?

Did you somehow forget they have a Taiwanese member? :rolleyes: It would be more than worth it to her. None of them care about China, it's not a big market for them, JYP is just too cowardly to do the right thing then and now.

• Some of their other groups rely massively on Chinese sales to reach certain milestones. SK would drop a couple of million sales and without China Itzy wouldn't be million sellers.

If they send Twice to Taiwan it will be stoked in the media in Taiwan again and JYPE is scared of missing the Chinese bag everyone is benefiting from currently.

It to them isn't worth the chance so they let Twice lose out so the rest of the company doesn't risk being caught up in more political bullshit again.

• Some of their other groups rely massively on Chinese sales to reach certain milestones. SK would drop a couple of million sales and without China Itzy wouldn't be million sellers.

If they send Twice to Taiwan it will be stoked in the media in Taiwan again and JYPE is scared of missing the Chinese bag everyone is benefiting from currently.

It to them isn't worth the chance so they let Twice lose out so the rest of the company doesn't risk being caught up in more political bullshit again.

why is this even an issue??

IF china thinks taiwan is part of their country, then ... what's the difference of Twice having a concert in HK compared to Twice having a concert in Taiwan???? there is NO difference!

it's not like JYPE is selling missiles to taiwan... this is a musical concert, not an arms deal.

Does the CCP think Tzuyu is the empress of taiwan who needs to be separated from her home cus her very presence in taiwan would immediately ruin all chinese ambition of controlling taiwan??

she's just an idol who wants to perform in her home town.

but what do i know. after this thread was created CHina sent 103 warplanes to taiwan out of retaliation to prevent any future concerts for a while. maybe we have ccp moles in allkpop. WHO REALLY KNOWS!!!

• they can if they wanted to but maybe they don't since they're isn't enough fans there?

I mean you mentioned BP and Itzu who have toured there...

also note that Gidle have also toured in Taiwan with a Taiwanese member

so who knows why JYPE won't let them...

right?????

this is just so dumb. idk why these pple are even claiming that there would be some political repercussions when it's JUST A CONCERT!!!!

NOBODY CARES ANYMORE - CHINA'S NOT GONNA DO ANYTHING, FFS!! CALL OUT THEIR BLUFF AND LET TZUYU BE HAPPY!!

• China isn’t even twice biggest market they could lost their fanbase here and they’d still sell million. JYP is a coward and I think it’s the right timing to show love to Taiwan instead anyway.

Chinese investors are all over kpop companies and JYP has a boy group in China.

The whole reason Tzuyu's incident blew up to the point she was forced to apologize was because other JYP artists active in China were being cut from programs over it and risked being blacklisted.

JYP is not gonna risk

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I don't think a lot of people saying "who cares" really understand that Twice and Tzuyu are still largely blocked and suppressed in China to this day. It was only earlier this year that her name was uncensored from Douyin and she only says she's going to "her hometown" instead of any names

It's not a dead scandal, it's still an ongoing thing

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• It's an issue because of the incident early in their career. for those around at the time know several members of Chinese press blew the issue up and several members of the Taiwan press tried to use it too. They took a harmless thing and use it to fuel the tension between the 2 countries at a time when this was again becoming a massive political talking point in Taiwan. She became a sort of poster child for the anti CCP movement in TW at the time.

Even if it's unlikely to ever happen again what is the risk vs reward for JYPE? A few large concerts in TW that net the company about 6 million bucks plus merch sales? VS potentially be blacklisted from arguably a top 5 earning territory for Kpop currently. Probably only behind Japan, USA and Korea right now. It's not worth the risk.

Also to go further on it, one thing China is doing now in their fiscal boom is trying desperately to increase their exported soft power through their movies, animations, c-pop, etc and we've seen how much this has failed. Remember all those multiple hundred million dollar movies that flopped from China over the last few years? Remember their clamp down on Kpop fandom mass buying and so called 'rice circles'....China has been fighting the cultural pressure from Japan and Korea for the last decades and only barely has been open to it. Korean's can't even promote there or tour there for years now. Things are changing slowly, even more a reason for JYPE not to rock the very fragile boat. Some members of China's national press would love nothing more than a scandal to start trying to push out Korean cultural exports like they have in the past.

As for the Hong Kong point is similar but different. Remember a few years ago when several eSports teams and players were caught up in similar nationalistic controversies and they were banned and blacklisted. Yeah.

• It's an issue because of the incident early in their career. for those around at the time know several members of Chinese press blew the issue up and several members of the Taiwan press tried to use it too. They took a harmless thing and use it to fuel the tension between the 2 countries at a time when this was again becoming a massive political talking point in Taiwan. She became a sort of poster child for the anti CCP movement in TW at the time.

so... ONLY Twice.. cant perform in taiwan??

they dont care about other artists.. but that one girl who waved her country's flag can't cus both sides politicized the heck out of this for petty reasons?? - well petty on one side, not so petty when u're standing up to a bully.

but even after that poor 16 yr old girl apologized in tears ..for something that wasnt even wrong.. the ccp wont forgive her? even after all these yrs, the ccp cant understand that it wasnt her but the trolls who politicized her??

if any of this is true then the ccp and the chinese nationals who support this nonsense have the mental capacity of a jaded 5 yr old who just willingly believe anyone who screams witch w/o proper evidence or due process.

this has got to be one of the dumbest reason for any of this. - more dumb than anything i listed.

• so... ONLY Twice.. cant perform in taiwan??

they dont care about other artists.. but that one girl who waved her country's flag can't cus both sides politicized the heck out of this for petty reasons?? - well petty on one side, not so petty when u're standing up to a bully.

but even after that poor 16 yr old girl apologized in tears ..for something that wasnt even wrong.. the ccp wont forgive her? even after all these yrs, the ccp cant understand that it wasnt her but the trolls who politicized her??

if any of this is true then the ccp and the chinese nationals who support this nonsense have the mental capacity of a jaded 5 yr old who just willingly believe anyone who screams witch w/o proper evidence or due process.

this has got to be one of the dumbest reason for any of this. - more dumb than anything i listed.

You seem to be under the impression I am defending this or in some way implying it's fair? Would I be right to assume that?

Of course I don't agree with it and think the original guy who blew this up, a journo in his early 50's, back in 2016 is a fucking cuck. This is JYPE and their, mostly, Chinese investors. Fairness to them doesn't matter. Tzuyu deserves to perform there for sure and could do 3-4 nights in a row in the Taipei Dome...but she also deserves to be able to do this in peace and quiet and have it be a celebration...not a political mess.

Sadly this isn't ever likely to happen. To be honest I think Twice should perform there. They don't rely as heavily on China sales as a lot of other groups. They can tour to over 1m people without China and sell millions of albums too...hell they don't even have digital distribution in China currently...so personally I say the hell with the company and with the other JYPE fingers in the CCP pie...but my opinion on it doesn't matter unfortunately.

• You seem to be under the impression I am defending this or in some way implying it's fair? Would I be right to assume that?

no, i dont have that impression at all. i think you're trying your best to explain the reasons i asked for - no matter how stupid it maybe.

im just...frustrated at HOW STUPID all of this really is. it's SO STUPID!!!

• so... ONLY Twice.. cant perform in taiwan??

That's right, Tzuyu became a political symbol. If they go there who knows what it might trigger again (last time she influenced Taiwanese elections).

Now you can move on

• That's right, Tzuyu became a political symbol. If they go there who knows what it might trigger again (last time she influenced Taiwanese elections).

Now you can move on

NO!

YOU move on!

IT DOESNT MATTER AT THIS POINT CUS CHINA IS SENDING 103 WARPLANES TO TAIWAN REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANY KPOP AGENCIES DO!!

THIS DUMB SCANDAL NEEDS TO DIE, AND IT DOESNT MATTER IF TWICE HAS A CONCERT IN TAIWAN OR NOT, CHINA WILL STILL BE A SHITHEAD, SO MIGHT AS WELL HAVE A CONCERT THERE ANYWAY

• That's right, Tzuyu became a political symbol. If they go there who knows what it might trigger again (last time she influenced Taiwanese elections).

Now you can move on

.. infact , now that you mention it, it will be EVEN BETTER for JYPE to announce a concert in Taiwan at this stage more than ever.

the whole world is weary of china and their bully tactics - like what fuked up country holds a part of their entertainment company hostage (*boy story) just to get their way ??

TWICE BRAVELY HOLDS CONCERT IN TAIWAN DESPITE POLITICAL TENSIONS TO RE UNITE TZUYU WITH HER HOMELAND!

will be the title of many news articles and the fact that Twice is holding the concert in Taiwan to DEFY China would propel Twice to new heights in popularity THROUGHOUT the WORLD - and make them even bigger stars!

this will clear the swamp of chinese investors in JYPe ( or make them richer if they dont leave, who knows), and will make it clear that TWICE stands with democracy and freedom!

if china wants to politicize them, then JYPE should play along and beat them at their own game - cut all ties with china - JYPE makes little to nothin from there anyway

Edited once, last by lahel ().

• Then I'd rather not have Twice in there when they drop the bombs huh

Ok you're crazy, I'm out

• idk what the problem is. i'd like to believe it's jyp's decision but booking the venues for concerts also needs the government approval. I don't think tzuyu even tries to have a career in taiwan if i am not wrong unlike lisa who has thai endorsements. if jyp did it and she didn't like it, she would have left twice already.

• Have any kpop group ever been to Taiwan? Too much money from China, not worth the risk to upset the chinese.

Edit: Check it up, I see groups go to Taiwan, so I guess Twice could to, but I guess it's not worth the risk anyway

Edited once, last by patrik-k ().

• Have any kpop group ever been to Taiwan? Too much money from China, not worth the risk to upset the chinese.

yeh.

BP just had a sold out stadium tour back in march of this yr.

G-Idle - who also have a taiwanese member did 2 nights in July

ITZY- WHO'S IN JYPE , HAS BEEN HAVING CONCERTS THERE SINCE THEIR DEBUT IN 2019

TXT - had 2 night tour in April

SEVENTEEN - always stops by on their world tours

etc.

MOST kpop acts stop by taiwan.

the 'too much money in china" rhetoric ended when china banned all kpop acts back in 2016. most k-agencies sees little to no money from china these days.

• This thread contains 37 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!