why do so many foreigners want to be kpop idols so bad

• Don't forget possible sexual harassment, being forced to wear revealing clothing, having to do favors to sponsors, starving yourself, and constantly comparing yourself with someone else or get compared.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• add to those mentioned by users above, this generation of foreigners who want to be kpop idol PROBABLY were big fan of kpop before this (e.g. fans of 2nd gen or 3rd gen). They might be inspired to try out in korea as kpop idol given the surge in popularity of kpop as a whole + the complete package training+management provided (though the process is very tough, they just dont know enough)

• Because it's a global flavour of the month that breeds very strong fandoms, attachment, idolisation and glorification that attracts certain mindsets.

I see it the same as 10 or so years ago where every nerdy kid who thought they were good at drawing wanted to move to Japan and be a mangaka or anime creator. Didn't worry them that in reality it was a back breaking, low paid, high stress and cut throat industry. They like manga, they liked anime, they thought they were good at drawing (and lets be honest, most of the time their work was pure shit) so they wanted to move to Japan and live the "dream".

(Funnily, as someone who has lived in Japan multiple times but not really interested in Anime/manga, it was those people that, if they DID get to Japan, were the ones who burnt out, disillusioned and went back home the fastest).

• Most Korean kids want to be idols and Kpop is getting globally bigger each day so what else would you expect other than everyone interested trying to be an idol?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well... yeah, they can just dress up in kpop fashion and make kpop-inspired music in their own country.

Or do like one singer from my country and go to USA and be a part of an American record label.

He did end up being popular in South Korea though.

Even though if a guy in my country dressed up in kpop fashion, he would be called "gay" or "not a right man".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!