why do kpop fans want to idols to be gay so bad

• this is not for everyone of course but i'm sure we've all seen many kpop fans who are dying to label every idol as gay at the smallest of encounters, similar to how fans are always looking out for dating rumors in the tiniest of things

but WHY?

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• They also call idols who don't do homoerotic fan service heterosexual and homophobic. All the queerbaiting rotted their brains, so now they think all idols who engage in it are gay.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Thread made by an orbit tho :pepe-devil:

Kpop has a pretty high proportion of very young/teenage and LGBTQ+ fans who are at a stage when some representation can really make a difference to their own self worth and outlook. It can veer into delusional territory ofc but overall it's a neutral to even positive thing imo :pepe-shrug:

tbh orbits are joking 99% of hte times but yeah they also have a huge percentage of people who'd get really mad if loona happened to be straight

but honestly the reaction to heejin's dating rumor was so chill from orbits ( except they kept calling the guy ugly ) but ig thats becase heejin is never seen as a very "gay" member

but i find this behavior really pathetic looking to project your own ideals into idols

that said, im also thinking from a 21 year old's perspective

i'd understand for 14-15 year old's perspectives

sad thing is, even very adult kpop fans are like that irl

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Because if they're gay it means they can't be dating other girls (for male idols) or guys (for female idols) and their delulu fantasies can live on.

wait isnt that opposite

if they're gay, their own dating fantasy is gone too.......

u r m o m g a y

• Who’d say no to a romance fantasy unless they consider themselves #2kool4skool? Everyone loves a good romance story deep down so whether that romance is gay or straight it’s not really surprising that people look for hints of it in public figures, especially in an industry that literally banks on fabricated images and fantasies so :wellr:

• Who’d say no to a romance fantasy unless they consider themselves #2kool4skool? Everyone loves a good romance story deep down so whether that romance is gay or straight it’s not really surprising that people look for hints of it in public figures, especially in an industry that literally banks on fabricated images and fantasies so :wellr:

im not especially fond of romance stories but well written ones are really inspiring

maybe kpop fans just suck at it

u r m o m g a y

• im not especially fond of romance stories but well written ones are really inspiring

maybe kpop fans just suck at it

most of them definitely suck yeah lol but i’ve seen literal fanfic writers go on to publish romance books of varying genres with actual publishers and be able to sell them too so at least they do improve later on i hope :wellr:

It’s actually quite similar in the manga industry where many artists started out producing doujinshi, a kind of manga fanart, and often of the romance genre for both straight and gay pairings, for franchises they love, and as the quality of their work improved and they got more well known they got picked by publishers to produce their own original work and thus a new mangaka was born, so yeah you never know :wellr:

• most of them definitely suck yeah lol but i’ve seen literal fanfic writers go on to publish romance books of varying genres with actual publishers and be able to sell them too so at least they do improve later on i hope :wellr:

It’s actually quite similar in the manga industry where many artists started out producing doujinshi, a kind of manga fanart, and often of the romance genre for both straight and gay pairings, for franchises they love, and as the quality of their work improved and they got more well known they got picked by publishers to produce their own original work and thus a new mangaka was born, so yeah you never know :wellr:

E90hQZdWYAU3Ood?format=jpg&name=small

u r m o m g a y

• If he is gay, he wont marry me and my parents are kinda banking on that

so not me

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• To be honest, I don't understand why fans are so hung up about this stuff. Sexual orientation should not matter when stanning idols or for any walk of life really. If they're straight, they're straight, if they're gay, they're gay. It does not matter to me.

• Maybe there are some who really do want that but the rest of the crowd don’t actually want their favs to be gay.

It’s more about imagining your favs in gay relationships means that that you get to imagine them in romantic situations without the threat of the opposite sex. Oppar can be gay as long as long as he’s not dating a woman types.

But these people do not want their favs to actually come out or be gay.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!