2023 August Edition: What is your most unpopular or controversial kpop opinions

• Me first:

1. Ive will always be seen as Wonyoung + Yujin and friends, and I don’t see other members' potential to even remotely close the popularity gap. They don't have the same star power, while Wonyoung and Yujin's charms are too strong for them to handle. That's why in each comeback, the 'viral' members among the other 4 shift from one to another, while those two remain on top no matter what. None of them are able to protect their spot in the next comeback.

2. Eunchae is generally liked by the K-pop community and doesn't receive as much hate as the maknae of other popular groups. This isn't solely because she's loved by K-pop stans or because Lsf fanbase does a good job protecting her. It's simply because her group isn't considered a threat to anyone except GFriend and VIVIZ stans. Once they start becoming a threat, K-pop stans will start bashing the members too.

3. Newjeans, despite their popularity, haven't been able to show their full potential yet. Their songs are too basic to showcase their talents.

4. Nmixx and Itzy can change their concepts and songs just like NJ or Ive, and most K-pop fans+gp still wouldn't care.

5. Among the big 4, SM is the worst at treating and promoting their foreign idols. Sometimes they even treat Aespa as a duo, and the other two are practically invisible in their eyes.

6. Blackpink will renew, but they might have fewer than 3 comebacks as a group before they're done. It might feel more like a reunion than a comeback.

7. I hope Twice gets a lot of rest. I know their group schedules are less packed compared to before, but it would be amazing if they could have a long one-year holiday to focus on their individual careers or just rest. They have been working too hard.

• One or two of those points in the op might be borderline unpopular opinions, but the rest are straight up what most people think lol and none of them are even remotely controversial whatsoever. This feels more like a “state your wandering kpop thoughts” thread rather than an “unpopular/controversial opinions” thread :pepe-cringe:

Edited once, last by whips ().

• Good thread, I’ve got some thoughts on your thoughts

1. Probably. But to me, that’s just a testament to how hard WY and YJ have worked in their pre-IVE careers, it’s not a drag.

2. partially true, because on debut they got ripped to pieces for being the first hybe gg (therefore a threat), They even lost a member from it. But I think she’s charismatic enough to just be liked across fandoms too

3. True and ADOR knows this. They release a 35 second song that is immediately loved despite its length, because they know what they’re capable of and are willing to tease the fandom about their potential

4. I still think Itzy has what it takes to release a smash hit

5. Yes

6. No comment

7. It’s not likely, knowing JYP. Itzy or NMIXX are gonna have to step up before that happens. SKZ will continue to grind on too

• Majority of kpop idols have no talent and just make fast food music. I'm sure most of them can't tell the difference between a guitar and a bass guitar.

The most popular groups are the ones that use the most English lyrics, wondering if kpop fans are kpop fans or just running away from the shit produced in the west in recent years.

• Judging by the reactions of JYPGG and even someone pointed out but yeah but some companies tend to listen haters and as soon as a group change its concept and music they lose hype. Even SKZ which was mixed reactions, they always tried to please their fans and it’s working.

It’s kind of great things YG never try to please BP’s haters.

• Majority of kpop idols have no talent and just make fast food music. I'm sure most of them can't tell the difference between a guitar and a bass guitar.

The most popular groups are the ones that use the most English lyrics, wondering if kpop fans are kpop fans or just running away from the shit produced in the west in recent years.

Saying most of kpop idols are talentless while being jobless nobody on fuckass allkpop.com is so...

Even following the choreography and knowing to work with a camera is a talent most people dont have. This know-it-all persona and expert of everything is getting tired

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!