Why does it feel like MissA is more iconic than Itzy?

• Itzy is almost 10 times more successful than Suzy and the Girls but why does it seem like MissA is the more iconic group?

Is my 2nd gen bias blinding me? Or did MissA popular singles strike a chord more with the general public?

• I think hindsight is 20/20 my friend

miss a had their run and did really really well (from what I hear) but itzy's legacy (if one can call it that) is still to be determined

regardless of where itzy ends up in the "kpop hierarchy" they are and were very successful and hopefully in 20/30 years down the track maybe someone will call them iconic too

• Well, same label mates are usually a product of their predecessors. Maybe what JYPe couldn't do with MissA, they are trying it with Itzy. Suzy got really really popular and the rest of the members are essentially non-existent. Which one of them still remains beside Suzy?

With Itzy, you get a healthy dose -somewhat- of everyone. Different stroke for different folks, maybe Miss A is more of your timeline :wow:.

---======---

• Yeah by every Metric I know Itzy are more successful but people don't think of them that way

But I will say this, Miss A is universally considered a Top 10 Girl Group of their Generation

I suspect many people are doubtful Itzy will ultimately be remembered the same way amongst the 4th Gen especially considering the perception that they have been trending downwards coupled with the rise of several newer groups who have seemingly taken their shine

• Always thought that JYPE's "barely any solo gig" strategy that started with TWICE was extremely harmful to their artists longterm. Right now, GOT7 are thriving as solo artists, and that's largely due to the fact that they've always done solo stuff. Endorsements, photoshoots, solo variety, you name it, a member had done it. I can't imagine all members of Stray Kids going solo and not having 2/3 flop.

• Don't know but Miss A had very popular songs.

And I think to compare a 2nd generation group with a 4th generation is a little bit out of place. Different time, different taste.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• MissA have lot of fan following from long time, benefited from being one of the early artists in the K-pop scene and having a big impact throughout their active years. ITZY is a more recent group, although

• Yeah by every Metric I know Itzy are more successful but people don't think of them that way

But I will say this, Miss A is universally considered a Top 10 Girl Group of their Generation

I suspect many people are doubtful Itzy will ultimately be remembered the same way amongst the 4th Gen especially considering the perception that they have been trending downwards coupled with the rise of several newer groups who have seemingly taken their shine

Something else I just thought of that might make me think this way is that groups during 2nd gen had a longer shelf life.

While today groups tend to peak after year 2 and then everyone moves on to the next new hot thing.

• I don't know how you come up with ITZY is "10 times more succesful"?....

Miss A's album Clas A is probably one of the best album in kpop, it have a lot of good songs. But they did follow it up with the same high standard, even if they had some good stuff after that. And they had Suzy that ITZY is not close to have anyone at her level of popularity.

Also, because Miss A was part of the early 2nd generation wave of girlgroups it feels they hade bigger impact on kpop ingeneral compared to ITZY today that is more like one group amoung many groups and they don't really bring anything new to the table.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!