New Jeans pull out iPhones in the middle of 'Inkigayo' stage, netizens are not happy with the blatant PPL

• New Jeans pull out iPhones in the middle of 'Inkigayo' stage, netizens are not happy with the blatant PPL

0005166263_001_20230731171902954.jpg

Article: New Jeans takes out the iPhone in the middle of singing their new song... incites PPL debate

Source: Everyday Economy via Naver

[+2,856, -59] This is too much, just too much..

[+1,628, -18] Isn't this crossing the line? Advertising something on a music show? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ A music show is not a home shopping network

[+723, -12] This will be a problem if they didn't disclose the PPL beforehand on a public broadcast program

[+538, -11] Yeah, this is just wrong... What's next? Groups are going to start bringing drinks and beverages on stage?

[+232, -12] When are they going to do an ending shot with a Coca Cola can? Will they one shot it?

[+139, -0] I suppose we'll be seeing girl groups eating fried chicken and opening cans of beer on music shows now. PPL should be kept to your personal channels, not on public broadcast programs.

[+132, -3] On public broadcast? They really did that? ㅋㅋㅋ Shouldn't they be banned from the network?

[+118, -2] Responsibility must be demanded of them. The broadcast networks are not their personal playgrounds.

[+90, -1] I don't know how much f*cking money they were paid to behave like this but public broadcast shows are paid for by the taxes of the citizens. Advertising an iPhone in the middle of your stage? Big Hit's a problem for even suggesting this but so is the PD for not putting a stop to it.

[+89, -1] This is crossing the line. If we let this go, music shows are just going to be riddled with PPL.

[+96, -9] This is stupid... I'm boycotting New Jeans now

[+84, -0] That's crossing the line. It's not like the other singers aren't smart enough to want to do this too

[+67, -1] So blinded by greed. I get that they're iPhone models but there's a time and place for those advertisements. Zero patriotism... So much arrogance, high off of their fame..

[+45, -2] It is so easy to go from liked to disliked in this industry

[+41, -2] Hybe's losing it

[+36, -2] This is making me hate New Jeans

[+34, -1] Whose idea was this anyway? I feel bad for New Jeans. They're singers, not home shopping models sellers.

20230731000733_0_20230731211901286.jpg

Source: Naver

[+139, -8] There needs to be a line. This isn't a separate advertisement but a music show. I bet SBS was paid for this too. Obviously they had rehearsals beforehand so they could've caught it then, but if New Jeans just did this on their own, then they need to apologize to SBS and SBS needs to ban them for a time period. But I bet you SBS was in on this too.

[+34, -4] There are rules to these things... and these companies keep trying to push the line...

[+23, -4] They totally crossed the line. I don't know if Hybe ordered this or not but this is in violation of broadcast laws. This makes this girl group look so crazy...

[+8, -0] If they're allowed to do this, then nothing is stopping all the other singers from bringing out the products they're CF models for anymore

[+7, -0] Let's please keep a basic line of consideration for the rules. BTS, I support you.

http://netizenbuzz.bl0gspot.com/2023/07/new-jeans-pull-out-iphones-in-middle-of.html

• I mean if it was a tacky way of showing the phone off maybe id see it, but they just used a shot for shot recreation of the music video so like…. They also didnt even say it was an iphone? And it was literally part of their performance?

I see product placement via fashion all of the time (see NewJeans, BlackPink, IVE, BTS) all the time on stage.

I wonder though: if this had been a samsung item would it have been an issue? One of the comments literally says “zero patriotism” like eat dust

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• one thing I don't get in this all is why

on earth people in Korea even use iPhone xD

but overall who cares that they took some photo?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• one thing I don't get in this all is why

on earth people in Korea even use iPhone xD

but overall who cares that they took some photo?

I'm not taking sides, but the "outrage" isn't over taking photos, it's the fact that they are celebrity sponsors of iphone and are using public broadcast time to show it off - at least that's what I got from the comments.

• I'm not taking sides, but the "outrage" isn't over taking photos, it's the fact that they are celebrity sponsors of iphone and are using public broadcast time to show it off - at least that's what I got from the comments.

that's a thing I kind of don't ever get

let's say that I'm football/soccer star and Gucci is my sponsor

I wear Gucci sweater or blouse during interview for some public tv channel in Italy or France or England

would you really think that anyone would complain about it?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• that's a thing I kind of don't ever get

I wear Gucci sweater or blouse during interview for some public tv channel in Italy or France or England

I am not denying your point at all, but I think there's something to bangmenah 's comment about it being iphone specifically, as Samsung, a national brand, is a big competitor.

• that's a thing I kind of don't ever get

One thing you have to consider is, the big 3 public broadcast shows are on the public Broadcast networks. Those networks explicitly ban product placement of any kind.

I personally don't care, but I'm not surprised this is getting traction especially considering how absolutely Anal these broadcasting sites have been over even just saying products names.

I'm pretty sure everyone has had a fave who needed to change their lyrics to match broadcast guidelines

• I am not denying your point at all, but I think there's something to bangmenah 's comment about it being iphone specifically, as Samsung, a national brand, is a big competitor.

yaps this is why I've pointed earlier that I don't get why Koreans use iPhone

especially after I've recently read this... it seems that teens/uni students just use iPhone's because they are trendy but just when they go to work they switch to Samsung asap

AVvXsEjXUH7vNwX3vlLu8piprjcs6gvI_KZIw6N9aT13yH0OxolJp93392vXlHxxDWJZ8sb1OncfTllmmu0VBMiHf6NQOXdL1TXnLtzI80CHwsKy5u2-8qqTEQnUT4fJEujaYm2AbLPYB9WSNsYQ0QK8gT_n6ICAqEGcqZ_muajmQL9cFKp-UHd3-6axHE6bfI8=s16000

Columns: Galaxy | iPhone | LG | Other

Rows:

- Self-employed

- Functional labor / Services

- Office worker / Administration

- Housewife

- Student

- Unemployed / Retired / Other

82% of self-employed people use Galaxy

73% of students use iPhone

comments which striked me about it were:

If a Korean works at a Korean company, having a Samsung phone is a must... I also used iPhone when I was a student but switched to Galaxy after finding a job

The automatic phone call recording in Samsung is the reason why I use it

I also switched from iPhone to Galaxy when I went from student to office worker

• You mean the group that said Coke multiple times in Zero now have resorted to this cringy tactic? Please they should've known NJ would do something like this. I mean maybe they should get railed for not supporting the Korean brand instead of the colonizer's brand, but other than that who cares.

This is essentially Jennie hate. But also a sign of success I suppose.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!