Things I did or belived in when I was new to KPop

• For the first few 2-3 years that I listened to KPop I was this kind of person

• I was an hardcore fan of Ren for a bit and was quit jealous of how cute he was with his long hair and also got jealous of how pretty I thiught the nailart was cause in the like first 2 years he allways wore nail polish in different designs
    • I was a huge fan of Minzy from 2NE1 cause she was the closest to my age even tho she is older than me and I thought she was quit cool back than
    • Someone lied to me and so I belived for some weeks that half of 2NE1 was dating Big Bang - funny enough the girl who said GD x Sandara would be thing ... guess what happend 13 years later , but the other thing she said that I randomly belived in was Daesung x Minzy :sweat:
    • There was a 'nugu' girlgroup where all 6 girls had the same hairstyle, were all the same height and had the same blonde bleached hair color and looked so similiar that I belived a coment where someone said they would be all realated to eachother like sisters or cousins but that was not true
    • I didn't realised that Sunny Hill had a male member and just thought the guy was randomly in some MVs till I saw a profile of the group oneday and than thught this must be a lie cause he didn't sung
    • I was so jealous of female idols who got filmed in a way that their legs looked longer and skinnier when dancing and sked on a Q&A-website how I could get skinny long looking legs like this but people allways told me this must be edited and can't be real and I just got mad thinking these people were just bullies or something who said this is edited lol
    • I didn't knew that Orange Caramel was part of After School and so when someone mentioned it I was like "How can a girlgroup be in another girlgroup? This dosn't work"
    • I thought B.A.P was the most famous KPop-act in existence just cause they were the first KPop-group to ever hold a concert in Europe
    • I watched a documentary from a German TV channel around 2012 where they had sended their MC to Korea cause she was Korean and she sneaked herself into a SUPER JUNIOR press and asked the dudes something and when one of the member said he apparently speaks German (nope not true) and just said in German "I like beer" I thought the guy could really speak German :sweat:
    • At first I thought Amber Liu was a boy
    • There was a co-ed group called CO-ED SCHOOL and I read a lot fake rumors about why they disbanded, like someone got into jail, 2 member dated secretly, someone hook up with a fan,.. etc. and I was so dumb and belived every rumor I saw
    • I really couldn't like "Nobody" cause it came out a few months before "Goody bye baby" and the style of these songs is so different that when I found Wonder Girls with Good bye baby and first thought that Nobody was newer I was like "Why do they go back to a so outdated sounding crap?" and didn't listend to them again till they released their retro-themed album some years later
    • I was obsessed with Gee and even tried to learn how to sing it
    • I really really couldn't like Taemin for a bit cause of the bangs he had ... like long hair Taemin was a weird era, randomly enough when OnlyOneOf's Junji did the same hair I liked it xDDD But not on Taemin xD
    • There was a recording on YT from a German radio show where a girl talked to the radio show MC for 30 minutes or so about SM Entertainment in like 2011 and she had no idea what SM stands for and so they ended up randomly calling it "Siegfried Martha Entertainment" and I thought this was what SM stood for xD
    • When someone told me why TVXQ split up and told me some random crap about JYJ I thought the JYJ guys would be mad to death at Yunho and Changmin forever like real enemies
    • I found FTISLAND in that era where Hongki looked a bit more freaky (with lots of makeup, nail polish,...) and thought he was emo
    • I thought AOA and AOA black would've been two different groups and got confused when I found out they are the same girls
    • I forgot her name but there was a soloist who disspeared in 2012 or 2013 after some unfortunate things bullies did to her that ended her career but some people claimed she was a hoe with a leaked sextape (which was not true) and so I thought she was a prostitude cause someone said shit like that it might've been payed sex
    • I thought Lee Hyori was the greatest and most famous female KPop idol of all time for a bit
    • When Gangnam Style exploded and I figured PSY was active as musician for some years before I thought he was a loser before that cause the videos I found were all with almost no views on Youtube, but back than I didn't knew that till around 2016 most MVs got country-locked and many Europeans could only see fan-uploads lol
    • I was on a forum that dosn't exist no more where so many girls were into MBLAQ that I thought they were way more famous than they actually had been
    • I was randomly obsessed with some old stuff from U-KISS like "Stop girl" for example and jesus I listened to their music sooo much back than

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• There was a 'nugu' girlgroup where all 6 girls had the same hairstyle, were all the same height and had the same blonde bleached hair color and looked so similiar that I belived a coment where someone said they would be all realated to eachother like sisters or cousins but that was not true

What was the name of this group?

• I really couldn't like "Nobody" cause it came out a few months before "Goody bye baby" and the style of these songs is so different that when I found Wonder Girls with Good bye baby and first thought that Nobody was newer I was like "Why do they go back to a so outdated sounding crap?" and didn't listend to them again till they released their retro-themed album some years later

Are you talking about "Be My Baby"?

• I used to watch TOP 100 KPOP Songs lists on YouTube where a YouTube channel would rank the recent comebacks based on how well they were doing.

I have no idea what metrics they used, but GOT7 always ranked really high for weeks at a time, so I thought they were really well known and popular in Korea lmao.

A year or so later, I discovered akp, and they PROMPTLY informed me that I was incorrect. :skull:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• i thought in my v v v early days that companies were handed out ‘concepts’ that groups had to follow. apparently the concept back in 2016 was fire. i only knew two groups back then. bts had a song called fire, blackpink had one that year called playing with fire. it’s so dumb i don’t even get where i caught that from 😭😭😭😭

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!