Nana's back stabbing and betrayal of wooyeon really turned me off, she used to be one of favourite participants. Kpop groups members are not really friends and family like they pretend to be.

• Context: basically wooyeon performed taeyeon's invu but her performance (although not bad) was not that special or very impressive so she recieved a lot of downvotes from the participant, 4up votes and 23 downvotes.

After getting back nana consoles wooyeon saying she did well to appear nice and supportive infront of everyone

IMG_20230613_223936.jpg

but in reality she had also downvoted wooyeon and wooyeon had absolutely no idea, wooyeon was fully believing that atleast her teammate and unnie must have upvoted her (poor innocent girl), nana thought nobody would find out about her sneaky downvote but mnet dropped the bomb

Mnet revealed to the performers that who had upvoted them and who had downvoted them.

Screenshot_2023-06-13-22-49-54-98.jpg

Screenshot_2023-06-13-22-50-56-35.jpg

When nana got to know that mnet are giving them those envelopes, she told wooyeon to not open it but wooyeon opened it and was so surprised seeing that nana had actually downvoted her

Screenshot_2023-06-13-22-51-37-53.jpg

Screenshot_2023-06-13-22-52-35-43.jpg

Screenshot_2023-06-13-22-52-57-96.jpg

When exposed, nana just made a typical excuse that she wanted her to perform better next time that's why she downvoted but it contradicts her statement which she said to wooyeon after performance, nana had told her that she performed good.

Wooyeon had absolutely no idea that nana had downvoted her then how could nana's downvote help her improve?

Screenshot_2023-06-13-22-53-34-71.jpg

Poor girl was hurt more from being betrayed by her own unnie than from the mass downvotes spammed by others. Innocent girl didn't deserved it at all.

Screenshot_2023-06-13-22-54-18-70.jpg

Gets to show how idols are more like co workers than "family and friends" that they pretend to be or what fans think.

If i was in this situation i would have still upvoted my homie but would face to face let him know that his performance was ass and he needs to improve. Doing praise on face but downvoting secretly doesn't do any good.

• dang

What about alliances???

Why are these people playing their cards all wrong???

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It’s not really fair if friends upvote just because they’re friends but at the same time, mnet made up this voting system of course for drama

• It’s not really fair if friends upvote just because they’re friends but at the same time, mnet made up this voting system of course for drama

do you think other group members won't be supporting their own members in the show? it makes sense to help each other out so that both can make the cut, dropping sneaky downvotes on your own teammate does not do any good. Everyone in this world is biased.

It's all about strategy. Both for practical and in terms of PR. Nana obviously wants to get rid of Wooyeon (less competition, all the WooAh! stan votes just go to her, etc), as the reality is everyone is just looking out for themselves. But she got too eager and the reality got exposed. Idols are all about illusion. Reality/Truth is their worst enemy.

• or maybe it was set this way because she didn't want to make Wooyeon cry?

we saw that she downvoted because it has shown, there is no way that from 27 voting people two would vote in direct same second

and it wasn't situation like those from teasers when MNet is playing with us

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Basic mnet caught them off guard by revealing who voted what, idols were not expecting it at all.

Nah they should have guessed ment will snake out

• Damnnn. Taeyeon is probably in the back somewhere going 'Welcome to showbiz, girls'. Mnet shaking things up and then we also have audience, us, helping them do so.

Win win for Mnet.

---======---

• do you think other group members won't be supporting their own members in the show? it makes sense to help each other out so that both can make the cut, dropping sneaky downvotes on your own teammate does not do any good. Everyone in this world is biased.

Did you watch Mixnine? Hyunjin kicked out Heejin from the team, Heejin even cried lol This situation is similar, I'm curious about how koreans gonna take it (Hyunjin was hated a lot)

• or maybe it was set this way because she didn't want to make Wooyeon cry?

we saw that she downvoted because it has shown, there is no way that from 27 voting people two would vote in direct same second

and it wasn't situation like those from teasers when MNet is playing with us

From wooyeon's statements its 100% clear that she had absolutely no idea than nana downvoted her.

• From wooyeon's statements its 100% clear that she had absolutely no idea than nana downvoted her.

I will say it from my perspective as someone who was a part of a team, of sports team not kpop group but it's kind of similar

for example captain wouldn't put down anyone publicly, would rather than that give a pat on the back

but in the changing room during break there would be harsh words and clear, proper, straight pointers

also you know it is what it is, I think this sums it up well xD

External Content twitter.com

• Except this isn't a "sports team". The competition is of individual idols against each other.

• Except this isn't a "sports team". The competition is of individual idols against each other.

but they are from same group and she is her leader

believe me in situations like that normally no one would put those backstage videos up with envelopes

so she didn't wanted to kick girl in her ass even more sadly it backfired

but you are right about one thing, if Knetz will find it and post there will be witch hunt lol

• but they are from same group and she is her leader

believe me in situations like that normally no one would put those backstage videos up with envelopes

so she didn't wanted to kick girl in her ass even more sadly it backfired

but you are right about one thing, if Knetz will find it and post there will be witch hunt lol

I think you're trying to shield Nana as to why she downvoted Wooyeon, as if it was done to "help" Wooyeon rather than just eliminate her. A person who plays in a sports team will always be part of a team. While idols obviously start in a group, but even more important to them is their solo career. A group may flop, but they may end up being more successful with solo acting/singings/gigs. That's the whole point behind Nana's actions.

• What does the UP and DOWN vote mean?

I didn't catch the Live episode so haven't seen any Subtitles yet

I have seen different explanations on multiple threads now, ranging from whether you simply like the performance or not, to whether you think the performance was better or worse than your own performance

That is a huge difference in perspective

• nah they are just ranking each performance separately

so if they like what they see they upvote it

if they don't they downvote it

• I think idols and trainees should know better how to play mnet game. Zhang Hao is a great example, he's chinese and he emphasized the importance of foreigner idols learn korean, he did some staged photos with korean books (and knetz really believed the pics were taken without him knowing and praised him lol), every time I saw him on screen I was like: sly fox (in a good way, I love strategists). He's the first chinese final center in a korean show, so we can say his antics worked pretty well.

I don't think Nana intentions were bad, she must thought it would make things more fair if everyone voted based in performances, ignoring closeness. But she's in a tv show and her career is related to her image, so it would better to choose the safe path and give an upvote to Wooyeon.

• I don't think Nana intentions were bad, she must thought it would make things more fair if everyone voted based in performances, ignoring closeness. But she's in a tv show and her career is related to her image, so it would better to choose the safe path and give an upvote to Wooyeon.

But if she did upvote her teammate even though the performance was obviously lacking, then she would be seen as biased, therefore unfair to other contestants. Maybe people wouldn't give her a hard time because of that, but maybe in the moment she thought it was better to show objectivity.

Judging and scoring a friend and teammate on national TV, it's not an easy situation at the end of the day. It can quickly turn into a lose-lose case, as we're witnessing right now.

So just give everyone some slack, it's only episode 1.

• But if she did upvote her teammate even though the performance was obviously lacking, then she would be seen as biased, therefore unfair to other contestants. Maybe people wouldn't give her a hard time because of that, but maybe in the moment she thought it was better to show objectivity.

Judging and scoring a friend and teammate on national TV, it's not an easy situation at the end of the day. It can quickly turn into a lose-lose case, as we're witnessing right now.

So just give everyone some slack, it's only episode 1.

Another Nana shield. The 'issue' was that she lacked honesty to her own team member. Wooyeon only found out thanks to Mnet.

• Maybe people wouldn't give her a hard time because of that, but maybe in the moment she thought it was better to show objectivity.

That was exactly my point, but I was pointing out what would be better for her. I don't have anything against sincerity, but most people who watch korean reality show doesn't like it. Since wooah girls are in the show to hype their group, it's better to think how their actions will be perceived by the public. If she gave a biassed upvote, I think most of the viewers wouldn't bat an eye.

I'm being as objective as possible. I like sincere figures and the ones who show they really feel, but I saw a lot of my survival show faves being hated for it, so in this kind of shows is better to calculate your moves (at least she's not chinese, mnet would made a disgraceful edit if it was the case lol)

• do you think other group members won't be supporting their own members in the show? it makes sense to help each other out so that both can make the cut, dropping sneaky downvotes on your own teammate does not do any good. Everyone in this world is biased.

true I blame mnet cause I'd do the same

• I wouldn't make too much of this. Remember the outrage over Fu Yaning in GP999? MNET can and will always edit things to fit some 'story' their writers come up with. And some stuff is just straight up scripted.

Also Nana is one of my top picks so this is inconvenient :pepe-sad:

• in that situation, where she choice to downvote, whatever she do will get hated, if she say your performance isnt good enough, better doing it next time, ppl will jump on her and saying nasty person, arrogant, etc, she choice the safe one in public by saying nice thing, but that still backfire coz mnet choice to reveal it.

about downvote itself, we never know the real reason she doing it, maybe coz she try to be objective, or maybe she just want to get rid competitor, but i find it harsh to judge ppl just from one thing she did, and it even mnet clip 😅

• evil. just evil. these people go on mnet's shows thinking it's gonna be some career boost, well look at this now. nobody will ever like nana again. her reputation is shot. all her fault. that's what she gets for being a liar. how could you downvote your own member? that's sinister and that's scheming. all this to win this chummy show? that nobody will care about once it finishes airing? that will get them maybe 20 more fans? FRIENDSHIP does not exist no MORE. all satan's doing. what happened to FEMINISM???? so sick.

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!