Is SMNGG SM's last chance to get a leader #1 girl group of their generation?

• It's been almost 2 decades since SM had an undisputed #1 GG. RV came in #3 after Twice/BP, Aespa came in #3 after IVE/NJ. SM 3.0 doesn't have the same power as they had years ago, and once Sooman's Chinese company groups start eating up SM group album sales in China they will be in a weaker position. SM will still be around, but will be far removed from their glory days. Do you think SMNGG is their last chance to claim the #1 spot again or has that ship already sailed? Judging from what I know so far, seems very unlikely. Their best chance was Lami but the idol life wasn't for her.

• depends when they will debut

but overall NewJeans are still young on the market

Babymonster will probably debut this summer/fall

timing needs to be right, it can't be too close to this

but overall I don't think it will be anymore like it was in the past because these days there are just too many good groups from big labels

• Some of you are obsessed with last chance lol The company isn't even close to declining and all the post SNSD girlgroups are successful, SM has plenty chances.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What make you think NJ and Ive ahead of aespa? Digital wise?? Am fan of SNSD but isn’t their digital lack to 2ne1, t ara back then yet STILL no 1 gg atm? And why SISTAR too is not no 1 gg when they own every gg’s with their digital?? aespa might be lack digitally compare to NJ and Ive but they ahead both group in term of physical sales and tours. Impact on their list too. Lmao. Stupid ass thread

• SM's systems are a mess.

They could create a #1 GG in Korea, because all you need is good marketing, a couple of visuals and to churn out Korea general public friendly cute teen-pop.

#1 GG globally, no. Most likely it will be BM, which have the hip-hop and rap skills covered.

• What make you think NJ and Ive ahead of aespa? Digital wise?? Am fan of SNSD but isn’t their digital lack to 2ne1, t ara back then yet STILL no 1 gg atm? And why SISTAR too is not no 1 gg when they own every gg’s with their digital?? aespa might be lack digitally compare to NJ and Ive but they ahead both group in term of physical sales and tours. Impact on their list too. Lmao. Stupid ass thread

Albums hardly matter when everyone is selling a lot, people listen to music not the cds that are going to the ocean and aespa do way worse overall digitally

• Albums hardly matter when everyone is selling a lot, people listen to music not the cds that are going to the ocean and aespa do way worse overall digitally

Albums hardly matter when the ones setting records aren't my faves

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Albums hardly matter when everyone is selling a lot, people listen to music not the cds that are going to the ocean and aespa do way worse overall digitally

Lmao. Just like is said why is SNSD still being call as No 1 gg when there lots of gg who is more above than them in term of digital back then? To be no 1 gg is not just on digital, there got album sales, tours and everything . And more importantly is IMPACT. So far base on impact, it aespa who lead 4th gen atm.

• loser company SM, flops now. They are as boring as it can get. This new girl group will be a dud too, they have no creative minds in that company, nothing great. since everyone has left that disatourious company they gots nobody there to produce anything of real substance. If they can find a bunch of visual talented girls, who can dance and sing and are on par with girls generation, then I will be shocked. but we know they could never. Goodbye to real music, real talent, the innovative days, the glory days, when idols had no input because they do not understand real music, real producing, real understandment of KPOP. bunch of idiots in that company, no shade to those employees getting paid 30 dollars an hour. no shade. just gots to pray for them. just joking screw SM. let them fail, we don't need big 3 no more. bunch of FRAUDS. #blessbe #fraudsters #haternation #justmyopinion #lovethemthough

Blackpink cute - Image Abyssblackpink aesthetic ᝰ blackpink // icon nel 2024Instagram | Blackpink fashion, Black pink, Kpop outfits

Edited once, last by ellenote ().

• Lmao. Just like is said why is SNSD still being call as No 1 gg when there lots of gg who is more above than them in term of digital back then? To be no 1 gg is not just on digital, there got album sales, tours and everything . And more importantly is IMPACT. So far base on impact, it aespa who lead 4th gen atm.

NewJeans literally made Y2K the new trend in kpop. While Aespa is rushing to get rid of their entire metaverse concept

• Lmao. Just like is said why is SNSD still being call as No 1 gg when there lots of gg who is more above than them in term of digital back then? To be no 1 gg is not just on digital, there got album sales, tours and everything . And more importantly is IMPACT. So far base on impact, it aespa who lead 4th gen atm.

Album sales- Ive and Nj are not so far behind.

Digital-Nj have 1 song with the most pak in sk and Ive has 3 Pak in a row.

Globally: Nj and Ive doing better in Japan bb chart, spotify global and apple music.

In conclusion, how Aespa had more impact? They're all not start touring yet too.

but neither ive or nj tour yet

and its not like aespa and ive/nj sales are like 1m difference is barely like 400k, ive even sold close to 1.8m and god know how much will nj sales if one single sold like 1.2-3m, in comparison nj charting internationally to other ggs make them look funny

and btw its not just this forum saying this, knetz think the same

• but neither ive or nj tour yet

and its not like aespa and ive/nj sales are like 1m difference is barely like 400k, ive even sold close to 1.8m and god know how much will nj sales if one single sold like 1.2-3m, in comparison nj charting internationally to other ggs make them look funny

and btw its not just this forum saying this, knetz think the same

I don't want to discuss about rankings but I noticed that you always putting down aespa. Just for you know, Knetz always saying that ive, nj and aespa belong to the same tier 1.

Also, now aespa sold 2M and the only gg beside aespa that could achieved that is only BP. Even aespa became the Highest 1st week gg sales beating BP. So do you think aespa is closer to BP now?

• I don't want to discuss about rankings but I noticed that you always putting down aespa. Just for you know, Knetz always saying that ive, nj and aespa belong to the same tier 1.

Also, now aespa sold 2M and the only gg beside aespa that could achieved that is only BP. Even aespa became the Highest 1st week gg sales beating BP. So do you think aespa is closer to BP now?

I'm in forums enough to know what I'm saying

I was the only one in the digital thread saying aespa would chart well bc they trend a lot, u can look it up

I talk about every gg based on numbers and trending in korea, if u want to believe knetz said this do so

• I'm in forums enough to know what I'm saying

I was the only one in the digital thread saying aespa would chart well bc they trend a lot, u can look it up

I talk about every gg based on numbers and trending in korea, if u want to believe knetz said this do so

I remebered that you're unsure of Spicy chartings because WTMW didn't chart in. I wrote on digital thread that SM pre-release performance can't be a good indicator because CCM didn't do well and INVU got PAK. You could look it up.

I also search in Kforums and that is what they been saying. aespa belongs to the same tier because they have good digitals, best physicals and touring numbers.

• I remebered that you're unsure of Spicy chartings because WTMW didn't chart in. I wrote on digital thread that SM pre-release performance can't be a good indicator because CCM didn't do well and INVU got PAK. You could look it up.

I also search in Kforums and that is what they been saying. aespa belongs to the same tier because they have good digitals, best physicals and touring numbers.

and that put ive and nj in other tier

u remember very specific thing but nothing i said come from thin air

and nj havent even cmb after their biggest hits, u want numbers that annoy EVERYBODY

bc those will be ones to look up for and then we can talk about the "tier" thing

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!