Fifty Fifty is facing a similar thing as SISTAR and MAMAMOO

• True or False: Fifty Fifty is facing a similar thing as SISTAR and MAMAMOO 23

The result is only visible to the participants.

That is, "taking the spotlight away from big fandom groups" syndrome.

But the strategy changed. Whereas SISTAR got massive hatred by other fandoms. FF is getting the silent treatment. While Mamamoo somewhere in between. The tactics and situations change each generation, the mindset stays the same.

• I think 5050 is facing the "fans have already locked onto their bias" situation. With so many competitive top Kpop groups, everyone has already chosen sides. Ive and NJ and LSRFM literally all just blew up less than a year ago. Plus we still got fans attached to Aespa, Itzy, Idle, Stayc. That's 7 top performing digimons all vying for fans.

If they had blown up next year or the year after when new fans would be coming in looking for a fave to lock on to, they might have had a better chance to develop a fandom.

• I think 5050 is facing the "fans have already locked onto their bias" situation. With so many competitive top Kpop groups, everyone has already chosen sides. Ive and NJ and LSRFM literally all just blew up less than a year ago. Plus we still got fans attached to Aespa, Itzy, Idle, Stayc. That's 7 top performing digimons all vying for fans.

If they had blown up next year or the year after when new fans would be coming in looking for a fave to lock on to, they might have had a better chance to develop a fandom.

That's true for ALL non-Big company groups. Just like a lot of YG stans are waiting for BaMon to debut and won't stan anyone else in the new generation. The difference is FF isn't even getting token stanned like Loona or Pristin. It's radio silence for them from the average ifan.

• No cause sister and mamamoo had constant succes and have members that are talked about a lot. 50/50 only has one successful song out of nowhere. We’ll see where it gets them, but it’s not the same, at least not yet

• I still don't understand what this has to do with Sistar or Mamamoo. Neither hit the ground running with a viral song when they were rookies. Sistar was relevant with the Korean public until their disbandment. An amazing achievement. Mamamoo isn't as relevant today, but they still have a large and loyal fanbase that can sustain them even if the public doesn't check for their music like they used to.

What exactly is Fifty Fifty facing here?

• The fact that they could start reaching your faves records in 20 seconds deserves some recognition

uuuuuuhhhh yes, but even Mamamoo and Sistar will be forever a group with a longer career. To compair this new GG with them is so funny.

Many groups had pulled one or 2 like those...but to endure or to become a little bubble that went boop, they need a longer run.

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Yeah, this is also one of the reasons why there is a wall that are hard to break for nugu groups.

No matter how hard the promos, if people aren't willing to give them a chance then it will be nothing.

I guess it have a lot to do with the mindset.

People wanna stan the top groups. If they find just one thing they like. They stan. Or they even stan without knowing anything about the group.

For small groups its the opposite. If they find one thing they dont like. they dont stan.

People say the dont know the members name. But its as easy to learn their names as it is with every other group.

I bet if cupid would be a babymonster song. Reaction in the kpoopfandom would be completly different.

• Stream Touch My Body since summer is coming

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Fifty Fifty situation is different from everyone, their growth is not like kpop at all, more like western music scene where one gets viral early of their career and builds on that.

this. best case scenario, they pull a Lil Nas X and turn virality into genuine stardom. But Lil Nas X had to do some wiiiiiild attention grabbing stuff to do it, and he was an American trying to win in America

• ? I think it's more a case of 'how can groups that are not Big 4 and not Produce draw the attention of the general public and k-pop fans?'

You can't hate, dislike or neglect something that you don't even know exists :wellr:

Aside from that, the amount of hatred that Sistar got was a minor thing compared with the massive amount of hatred that some other 2nd gen groups got, I mean we're talking the midst of the 2nd gen 2NE1-SNSD fandom wars and the T-ARA scandal. It only became a bit more when Sistar started to get the title '#1 digital queens' and a number of Blackjacks/YG stans didn't like that.

But even then, Blackjacks didn't really felt like hating Sistar or fighting Sistar's fans for it - it was too much of a distraction from the neverending, passionate hate wars and feuds they had going with Sone and that they actually were excited about :pepe-smug:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!